Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Efteling (Netherlands)

Most roofs in theme parks don't look great but Efteling outdid themselves with the Symbolica ride building.
A green roof (plant hold water and cool the building passively during hot days or keep it warmer during the cold winter) and solar panels helping reducing costs and CO2 and still looking beautiful.
F1GvFwUXsAM59QB

More contruction photo's of Dance Macabre.
Thanks to @jeroen_twee, @84eric, @kleineboodschap
The devil sculpture is a nod to the same one in the previous attraction (Spookslot).
1226dmcre1.jpg

Sticks coming out of the wall simulates previous buildings that once stood there.
1226dmcre21.jpg

Nice detailing above the door.
1226dmcre3.jpg

Work on the roof continues.
1226dmcre6.jpg

Windows are closed off.
1226dmcre4.jpg

Themed gate is next level.
1226dmcre7.jpg

Real bricks and fake moss.
1226dmcre8.jpg

Above the door some stunning detail. Even a nice detial on the top of the photo.
1226dmcre13.jpg

A tomb has got some more detailing.
1226dmcre14.jpg

The harp is part of the story.
1226dmcre16.jpg

Forground shows the queue, in the back the ride building.
1226dmcre2.jpg

Stopping in a place called Duinrell in July. I’m wondering what’s the best way to get to Efteling from here? I am driving so if that’s easier I’d just do that.

Stopping in a place called Duinrell in July. I’m wondering what’s the best way to get to Efteling from here? I am driving so if that’s easier I’d just do that.
You could do public transportation but it's not easy or quick. It'll take 2:15 to get there and taking multiple trains and busses so a car would save you a hour traveling and is much more relaxing.

Well, I'm excited to say Efteling will be one of the European theme parks I will visit for the first time this summer.

For anyone who has been, I would love any recommendations on how to move around the park, food, the best attractions or experiences, or anything else.

Can't wait to go honestly even if I will miss out on Danse Macabre.

Well, I'm excited to say Efteling will be one of the European theme parks I will visit for the first time this summer.

For anyone who has been, I would love any recommendations on how to move around the park, food, the best attractions or experiences, or anything else.

Can't wait to go honestly even if I will miss out on Danse Macabre.
If you have 1 day be prepared to not do everything. Don't bother with the coasters and try to do the dark rides and the Sprookjesbos (fairytale forest). Eating will be an adventure but Polles Keuken is a great Dutch style pancake restaurant. Make sure to eat poffetjes and just let your nose do the choosing. Take your time and enjoy the park, running trough it to pack in as much as possible will ruin it for you imho.