Epcot "After-Hours Wind down" | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot "After-Hours Wind down"

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
From the Disney Parks Blog:

Just imagine, after IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks show at Epcot, instead of heading to your car or back to the resort, you could head to one of four spots in World Showcase for end-of-day relaxation with appetizers and beverages.

You can do just that beginning April 17 through September 15. Choose either La Cava del Tequila at the Mexico Pavilion; Spice Road Table in the Morocco Pavilion; Tutto Gusto in the Italy Pavilion, or Rose & Crown Pub in the United Kingdom Pavilion. Each location will have small bites paired with a beverage flight (additional beverages can be purchased) from 9:20 – 11 p.m. It’s a magical time as the park quiets down.
Cost is $35, plus tax and gratuity. To make a reservation, go to www.disneyworld.com/spring, call 407-WDW-DINE, or check in with Epcot Guest Relations to see if space is available.

The Disney Food Blog had a bit more about it:
While we are still awaiting to hear the menus for all of the other venues, we did manage to get our hands on menu information for La Cava del Tequila. ;-)

Guests will enjoy a sampler of the following dishes:

Ceviche Acapulqueño (Shrimp cocktail Acapulco Style)
Tlacoyo de Puerco (Marinated Pork served over a grilled corn dough, garnished with mixed greens and crema)
Tostada de Tinga (Shredded chicken served on a tostada, garnished with mixed greens, creme fresco and avocado)
On the drinks front, guests can enjoy a choice of the following:

Tequila flight
Shot of Tequila Ambhar Blanco
Shot of Tequila Partida Reposado
Shot of Tequila Casa Noble Añejo
Shot of Mezcal Sombra Blanco

It actually sounds kind of great to me.

Last edited:
I always thought it was dumb that the drinking park closed so early. I thought they could make more money if they kept some of the places to eat open. Basically shut part of the park down and keep some of it open.

This is being passed around a certain division of the orange county sheriff's office. Can you say task force?

This is being passed around a certain division of the orange county sheriff's office. Can you say task force?

April 18th we'll see lots of bloggers be very quiet, eh? ;)

I'm interested in this but as long as it's quality. And yes, I'm with Skip and RJ here, Epcot's a bar with a steep cover charge.

I'm doing this on the 18th, and will let you know how it was once I sober up. Thank god I have a room that night at Swolphin, otherwise I'd be needing someone to bail me out of 33rd Street... ;-)