Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You may only walk through this area quickly to start your day, but it’s also the first thing people experience when they walk in. Right now it’s butt-ugly. This will drastically improve that.

Wonders of Life becoming an indoor playground and interactive kids area is neat. Need more stuff for kids in that park, especially on the side of Future World with 3 thrill rides now.
Honestly it just sounds sort of like what we’ve thought it would become - the new innoventions.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I think this is great news. Epcot's entrance leaves a lot to be desired and there's something about that classic fountain that takes me back. Also, Wonders of Life was a play area for me as a kid so the nostalgia is REAL.

I wish Universal would drop a similar announcement. That park entrance needs help.

I think this is great news. Epcot's entrance leaves a lot to be desired and there's something about that classic fountain that takes me back. Also, Wonders of Life was a play area for me as a kid so the nostalgia is REAL.

I wish Universal would drop a similar announcement. That park entrance needs help.

Universal won't announce it, they'd just do it.

Universal won't announce it, they'd just do it.
This is true, and I do wish they would somehow fix the USF entrance but I almost think the turnstiles would need to be moved further towards CityWalk to make any significant changes, but they don’t have enough room to do that without doing big time demo.

The new entrance looks beautiful.

As for the "Play Pavilion," I guess I'm glad they're going to use the space for something other than Festival stuff, but it's hard to get excited about an area that's not going to have any actual attractions. I won't be spending any time in there, so it's not going to be adding to my day at Epcot.

In the back of my mind, when they refurbed Odessey I wondered if it was to make more space for festival related activities knowing they were going to lose WOL. I guess they will utilize the pavilion behind UK for the food and garden demos unless there is somewhere else in Futureworld. (Other than the Innoventions bldgs)

aSpPZp.gif

I’m actually really excited about this. The entrance definitely looks a lot better. I think it’s cool that they’re emphasizing the greenery and that the future is in our planet (a topic that I hope they talk about more in the new iteration of the park.) The new pavilion is great! In my mind, anything aside from the festival center is a positive. It definitely feels like it will be an interesting experience and it’s just good to know that the WoL isn’t abandoned anymore.

I think it’s just an indication that Epcot is changing and it’s exciting for those that love the park. That and the removal of an incredibly ugly eye-sore for an entrance motif.

Yup Epcot is changing after 19 years, I just think we need to read this announcement at face value: a vague "before end of 2021" redo of an entryway with early concept art and an interactive play area for kids.