Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of the music of old Epcot, this is absolutely wonderful:

I wish this would become part of a regular rotation of different Beacons of Magic shows on Spaceship Earth.

I've never been a "BRING BACK ___." kind of person

But dang, hearing We Go On

Bring back a remastered IllumiNations: RoE with modern tech, drones, and have Beyonce sing We Go On

World peace would finally be ours

a14fca11-3eaf-45b5-893e-4c676d72e834_text.gif

Seriously, the entrance loop is long enough that there's no reason they can't have some of the classic music alongside newer pieces. No other park has a stronger collection of bespoke songs than Epcot.

I attended the D23 40th event and it was pretty great! Initially things got a little fubared getting into the park and lining up for Creations shop, but after that, the breakfast and reserved seats for the “celebration” were cool. Enjoyed hearing the old EPCOT tunes as well!

Unquestionably more useful too. Wonder if this will end the American Gardens theater and they can build a new viewing area there.
I wouldn't mind getting rid of that tbh, but I don't see Disney changing. Sure, the Communicore Plaza space will provide an area for live performances, but holding full on marketed events there that people come to the park specifically for defeats the purpose of having concerts or whatever at all. They do it to attract a small subset of extra attendance, who will then go and spend a lot of money eating and drinking around the world before the concert starts or after it ends.

Since it's all the way in the back of the park, you have to walk through at least half of the countries no matter which path you choose and turn down a ton of booths along the way. If they were to change and put concerts in World Celebration, it undercuts all of that and people may just come in to the park, see a band, and leave without buying anything, especially locals who otherwise have no impulse control if they have to wait around long enough.

Martin, arguably the best civilian Epcot historian out there (or least the best one making videos on the subject!), has put together a highlight of what happened on Epcot's 40th birthday (such as it was):

Nothing was being done prior to November, now I'm seeing a lot more visible work being done. Last week the background music was drowned out by the construction noises.

What's the over/under on the Coral Reef Restaurant in the Living Seas being rethemed to a Moana character dinner? Every time I walk past there it seems empty and the close proximity could benefit it.

Nothing was being done prior to November, now I'm seeing a lot more visible work being done. Last week the background music was drowned out by the construction noises.

What's the over/under on the Coral Reef Restaurant in the Living Seas being rethemed to a Moana character dinner? Every time I walk past there it seems empty and the close proximity could benefit it.

PSA: The majority of this forum uses over/under incorrectly. You’re thinking of odds. Over/under has a number set to it…in sports the over/under isn’t the chance a team will win, it’s the number of points you’d bet to score.

Example: Over/Under set at 50 points…if you think the game will have 51, you bet the over.

Example: Over/Under on number of Moana references in the new Epcot restaurant: set at 10.

Sorry, just drives me crazy when I see this in a lot of different threads lately :)

To answer your question, I actually think a layover would be a good idea. Anecdotally, this restaurant seems to be the one consistently available for dining reservations so a new shot of life could do it well.

PSA: The majority of this forum uses over/under incorrectly. You’re thinking of odds. Over/under has a number set to it…in sports the over/under isn’t the chance a team will win, it’s the number of points you’d bet to score.

Example: Over/Under set at 50 points…if you think the game will have 51, you bet the over.

Example: Over/Under on number of Moana references in the new Epcot restaurant: set at 10.

Sorry, just drives me crazy when I see this in a lot of different threads lately :)

To answer your question, I actually think a layover would be a good idea. Anecdotally, this restaurant seems to be the one consistently available for dining reservations so a new shot of life could do it well.
The food quality here has also severely gone downhill in the past few years. Being a standalone restaurant in Future World and not having decent food is a pretty bad combination. I'm not sure how they would pull off a Moana theme though. I think it would be awkward having the Moana theme while looking at your food swimming around while you eat it with How Far I'll Go playing in the background.

Sunshine Seasons has also gotten pretty bad too. Used to be one of the regular places we would eat, the last few times we've gone the food has been bad (I'm sorry stale Uncrustables!??!).