Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There was originally supposed to be a peoplemover that wrapped around the Communicore/Innovention buildings.
The only time i saw a peopleMover was when it was just World Showcase and the design was two half-circle building with a courtyard. A people mover would run in a circle through the pavilions (I don't remember if there were stations). Each pavilion would look the same outside but could be longer or shorter behind the entrance. Mexico is the only design that retained its layout from this.

Reactions: WebHead1138
I don't see them ever spending money on a transportation ride within a park again. When people ride them they don't walk past the shops and restaurants selling them stuff. Theme parks are setup like the checkout of a Walmart with lots of tempting stuff to create impulse purchasing.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
I don't see them ever spending money on a transportation ride within a park again. When people ride them they don't walk past the shops and restaurants selling them stuff. Theme parks are setup like the checkout of a Walmart with lots of tempting stuff to create impulse purchasing.
Just build a gift at the exit of the people mover. Easy solution.

I’d be happy if the started running the second Friendship Boat on World Showcase lagoon again.
Do enough people use it to warrant both being used though? I don’t pay attention to the lines at those.

Of course yes, it would be nice to have an option on that side of the lagoon again.

Do enough people use it to warrant both being used though? I don’t pay attention to the lines at those.

Of course yes, it would be nice to have an option on that side of the lagoon again.
Boats on the Morocco side are always pretty full when I use it.

This idea of Impressions de France "rotating" with a new Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long show (blech) seems entirely designed to eventually get rid of Impressions entirely on the basis that BATB will inevitably draw in more people.

I hate it.

Agree. It just feels like shoehorning yet another IP in. At least Remy's Ratatouille fits the theme. Plus, they already have the BatB kid thing over in the Magic Kingdom. If only they would commit to building some more old fashioned dark rides which are, apparently, not popular.

I went to Epcot this past Wednesday. SSE was packed early but then 10-15 minute stand-by line, which I feel is only because it can chew through people at a high rate. We rode our favorites and then walked around the World Showcase. It was awesome to just visit the lands. While I would absolutely love them to add a Rhine River ride or something for Japan, it is still fun to walk around. Frozen Ever After stuck out like a sore thumb. Or sore index finger for those who have ever whacked one with a hammer. The ride is so-so because it utilized a so-so ride to begin with but it doesn't fit Epcot.

Or maybe it fits whatever the new vision is of Epcot and I just need to get on board.

Or maybe it fits whatever the new vision is of Epcot and I just need to get on board.

If Disney would actually articulate what they want the new vision of Epcot to be, thematically, it would be easier to get behind it. This "more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney" line they keep dragging out does not suffice and seems intentionally vague enough to mean whatever they want it to mean.

As it is, both their messaging and actions are muddled. They keep talking about "staying true to the original vision," but none of their actual moves speak to that. They're piecemeal-ing their way through the park, replacing and updating various things without a clearly-communicated end goal for the park's identity.

If Disney would actually articulate what they want the new vision of Epcot to be, thematically, it would be easier to get behind it. This "more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney" line they keep dragging out does not suffice and seems intentionally vague enough to mean whatever they want it to mean.

As it is, both their messaging and actions are muddled. They keep talking about "staying true to the original vision," but none of their actual moves speak to that. They're piecemeal-ing their way through the park, replacing and updating various things without a clearly-communicated end goal for the park's identity.

Exactly. They want it both ways.

Perhaps there is no vision, and the addition of IPs is to just keep interest in the park up

Exactly. They want it both ways.

Yeah, but then who do they really think they're fooling with that? The people who actually care about the "theme" of Epcot can see right through it. So why bother with the pretense of keeping true to classic Epcot ideals at all? That's what is really strange to me.

Perhaps there is no vision, and the addition of IPs is to just keep interest in the park up

Perhaps.

But the sad thing, if that's true, is that it should not be difficult to come up with a cohesive vision for the park that actually does honor its legacy while also bringing in some "relevant" IPs in ways that fit. It can absolutely be done.

Reactions: randompixel