Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

And yet during the great recession, while DIsney slept, Universal opened Disaster, Simpsons, Rip Ride Rocket, and started construction on Harry Potter.
When this ends, the parks are going to want shiny new toys to entice people.
This is going to be much worse than that. This is likely going to be about survival. I wouldn't count on six flags or cedar faire making it through this at least not in their current form.

Robert Niles says he's heard that the general "overhaul" of Future World is going to be considerably cut back, with an emphasis placed on getting it done quickly and expeditiously. Sounds like they basically just want to get the areas presentable. No more Walt Disney statue at the back of Spaceship Earth. The new multi-level events building probably pushed back.

Robert Niles says he's heard that the general "overhaul" of Future World is going to be considerably cut back, with an emphasis placed on getting it done quickly and expeditiously. Sounds like they basically just want to get the areas presentable. No more Walt Disney statue at the back of Spaceship Earth. The new multi-level events building probably pushed back.

Move the Moana thing to where the current building is demo'd. Finish existing projects. Cancel the Epcot Party Deck.

And I'll be real here, the Walt statue was dumb pandering so thank god it's cut.

My thoughts from the Remy thread:
Given the circumstances, none of these delays surprise me.

Construction is indefinitely stopped so obviously 2021 projects like Tron, GotG and Play would fall to 2022.

I don’t see this as a sign of Epcot not reopening this year necessarily though. MMRR already opened this year, so they already have a new attraction to promote that was open for all of 11 days before the parks closed. I see moving Remy as giving them a 2021 attraction since they were losing GotG and Tron to 2022.

As far as the hub goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re trying to figure out a way to keep the still standing side of InnoWest and move Moana to the demolished section.

I find it hard to believe that they will cancel the new festival structure. It's a new location for up-charge events and the like, so its literally just a place to print money.

I find it hard to believe that they will cancel the new festival structure. It's a new location for up-charge events and the like, so its literally just a place to print money.
Yeah, unlike Moana, the festival structure will actually earn back it's money in a way they can see and it will do so very quickly. They'd probably be best to cut Moana and just build that if they are worried about money and don't want to demo the other side of Inno West.

The thing about the festival structure is, I am under the impression they haven't even decided on a design yet.
I’ve heard that too. But it’s so weird because that had it’s own model at the preview center. With like little trees and little people on it. In a glass case. You’d think things with models made were made from plans? You’d think.

I’ve heard that too. But it’s so weird because that had it’s own model at the preview center. With like little trees and little people on it. In a glass case. You’d think things with models made were made from plans? You’d think.
I believe Imagineering was told to "value engineer" it.