Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ratatouille is that ride. And the potential Mary Poppins ride should it be built.
Frozen, Ratatouille, and Mary Poppions(I know its a rumor) is perfect for the kids. This is what EPCOT needed. This park is geared more for adults, but it needed rides for the kids.

If they wanted a full-on Frozen land, we would’ve gotten one already, or at least hear of something in the pipeline. Norway’s “re-skin” is all of what we’re getting for the foreseeable future.
I'm not saying its happening. But, its not out of the realm of possibility. Besides, we still have years of FROZEN content in the pipeline. Frozen 2 and 3. Plus, more shorts. You never know whats going to happen.

I agree the park needs more kid friendly fare, but that doesn't mean the park needs intellectually dishonest offerings.
I'm pretty sure Norway isn't losing sleep because theres a Frozen attraction in there country. Frozen isn't a negative representation of the country.

I'm pretty sure Norway isn't losing sleep because theres a Frozen attraction in there country. Frozen isn't a negative representation of the country.

Norway has actually stopped supporting the pavilion for a few years now, if I'm not mistaken.

That said, to stress this, it's sometimes not what the IP is, but how it's used.

Frozen, at the end of the day, is one of Disney's largest IPs to date. They shouldn't of had Frozen take over Maelstrom, regardless of Norway's involvement with the park now nonexistent, and that it should of actually been where Toy Story Land was to be perfectly frank and honest.

I'm not a fan of Frozen as a film, but it should've been used in a way that made more sense than a reskin of an attraction, that has remarkably low capacity as it is.

Thats all opinion. My sisters felt that Frozen was the best ride at the park. What is FACT is that EPCOT needed another ride for the kids.

You realize your sisters are “just all opinion” as well. Epcot doesn’t need to become another Magic Kingdom, plus it’s already filled with plenty of family rides.
You’re enjoyment or the kids enjoyment of them is highly subjective.

We spent a lot of our day getting our passport stamped at the country and watching the great shows. Rides are not the only form of entertainment at a theme park. Especially not Epcot.

Magic kingdom is right up the road.

I’m not saying Epcot shouldn’t be renovated and revised, but calling for “more kiddie rides based on IPs” isn’t going to win you over in some groups.

You realize your sisters are “just all opinion” as well. Epcot doesn’t need to become another Magic Kingdom, plus it’s already filled with plenty of family rides.
You’re enjoyment or the kids enjoyment of them is highly subjective.

We spent a lot of our day getting our passport stamped at the country and watching the great shows. Rides are not the only form of entertainment at a theme park. Especially not Epcot.

Magic kingdom is right up the road.

I’m not saying Epcot shouldn’t be renovated and revised, but calling for “more kiddie rides based on IPs” isn’t going to win you over in some groups.

Sigh...I guess you don't know what the world "all" means. I said that its "all" opinion. That includes my sisters as well. So yes I'm very aware.

EPCOT needs a balance of rides. They are already have a decent of amount of rides for adults. But, it needs more kid friendly rides. Most people lose there minds when an attraction is replaced. But, most of world showcase is empty. So theres no loss. Its really a win win situation.

I'm not trying to win over anybody. I'm stating facts. If what I was saying wasn't true than Disney wouldn't be building a Ratatouille attraction.

Sigh...I guess you don't know what the world "all" means. I said that its "all" opinion. That includes my sisters as well. So yes I'm very aware.

I'm not trying to win over anybody. I'm stating facts. If what I was saying wasn't true than Disney wouldn't be building a Ratatouille attraction.

Says it all opinion, then proceeds to say his opinions are facts....

I’m afraid that ship sailed a long time ago…

Perhaps, but I don't think they should haphazardly put attractions or IP's in due to relevancy.

It's why I am not as opposed to Poppins in UK, or Ratatouille in Paris, because those actually do make legitimate sense for the areas that they inhabit. I would say the same of a the new China film.

But a Frozen like scenario doesn't make sense to me at all.

EPCOT needs a balance of rides. They are already have a decent of amount of rides for adults. But, it needs more kid friendly rides. Most people lose there minds when an attraction is replaced. But, most of world showcase is empty. So theres no loss. Its really a win win situation.

Ehhhh

EPCOT is NOT sacred people. In fact, the idea of EPCOT isn't what Walt himself intended. This park needs a complete overhaul. At least Future World.

I totally agree that future world needs a overhaul, I’m sure you can find these exact words typed by me on this very forum. I just don’t think “more kiddy rides!!” Is the answer.

Epcot has always skewed more adult. It features more adult like events. Slightly more sophisticated rides (minus Frozen and Nemo) That’s the core audience.
Adding more fantasy land rides and spinners isn’t going to separate the park from it’s older brother.

That being said it appears they are going in that direction with Frozen; Rat, guardians, and possibly CoCo.

I started my comment with “too be fair” to explain that your experience with your children or sisters, doesn’t mean that all kids are bored at Epcot, or that more kiddy rides would make it a better experience.

Genuine question--how is the heavily researched fake nation of Arrendale that much worse than the largely fantastical Merry Ol England the UK is based on?

I'm reminded of a story from the early 80s, when they recruited musicians for the German restaurant. They started in Germany but couldn't find an authentic band. They were forced to use Americans of German descent who'd kept the old world "traditions" (that may or may not have actually been observed in the old world) alive. In other words, everything in World Showcase is idealized/fake.

Reactions: Skold
It's not just that easy. Those 4 simulator bays are 30 years old, have had any and all working parts salvaged to be used for Star Tours and the operating tech is severely outdated.

What you describe would also be SEVERELY underwhelming. You're talking about using late 80's technology for a fictional country that is all about being ahead of it's time technologically. And this would be the only attraction too, since you're gutting Cranium Command in this situation.

Heh I never said it would be ideal, just what I could see Disney doing. But yes, the bays are there but I believe the simulators are not (re: bays vs ATLAS RVs), whereas they would just get new vehicles. If you're doing a sim ride around Wakanda, at the very least go the Storm Rider/SeaRider route with a larger screen.

As for Epcot and what it needs versus what needs to be done: I've always said execution is key. I still believe that Norway/Frozen is not the worst way they could've done it at all.

Of course, Disney could be told to screw off in Universal talks altogether, but I still don't think that means for people to be dismissive that they could never happen themselves. BP is making loads of cash and I can't help but think Disney is at least going to go, "hey, if it's not any big trouble... wanna make a deal?"