Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmmm... I like @Disneyhead 's idea. Since they already have several omnimovers (SwN, SSE) those are out. They also have two boat rides (Frozen, 3 cabs). Maybe a version of the Pooh ride from MK, but what to theme the ride vehicles? They could do a family coaster like 7DMT or Goofy, but again, what theme for the cars? I'm thinking trackless ride vehicle is the most logical if it is not a flat ride (carousel, flying bears?).
I liked the ride vehicles from Snow White's Scary Adventure... Was like a car made out of the headboards from the drawf's beds. Didn't matter that there weren't any cars in the film, and still worked.

Small space there. I'm thinking Brave Carousel or Brave flat ride spinner.
Could they re-route the access road kind of like they're doing for Guardians and France? That gives them a pretty big space, and even good frontage along the guest path for a ride entrance.

Epcot-UK.jpg

(Or, ya know, tear down the ShowPlace pavilion... but I don't see that happening.)

Reactions: Andysol
A Brave family coaster wouldn't be terrible, actually. Have it basically be something where you're chasing the wisps (or the bear) with Merida through the forest, complete with castle ruins. Actually, as long as it's themed to the castle ruins I think it could be fun. It would add a completely different aesthetic to World Showcase.

It'll be a carousel though. Which is fine. Though I'd rather Mary Poppins.

Mary Poppins has always had rights issues for Disney. Unless PL Travers estate holders have changed they still are very anti-Disney.

My guess? Something like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree/Alien Swirling Saucers. Horses (or bears?) pulling carriages that spin around as traditional Scottish music plays. Right beside a Merida meet and greet in a Scotland mini-area to flesh out the U.K.

That video is unlisted for some unknown reason...

It's publicized, but unlisted.

The little part of my brain - the one that's usually not wrong, but tends to get me into trouble - gets the impression that if you someone wanted to judge an affinity and give it real quantifiable metrics that related to unique individuals rather than a broad quasi-percentage representation you'd prevent viral sharing and "organic" growth by having a distinct gateway (direct link which tracks back - that's how youtube works) to see who these people are and where they're coming from and if they're a viable demographic.

Being unlisted prevents the video from being seen by people via automated recommendation, which is how many views are garnered. There had to be an active investigation, investment, and level of trust to follow the link.

And that it's only at 45k views is.. troubling. That number for most other things in a similar listing situation would be quite positive, but in Disney's theme park empire.. I'm really not sure it's good.

. Take a trip back to a time when there was hope and optimism for what was in store with this park...

Nice video I have the imagination tune stuck in my head now, not a bad thing though as I remember loving that attraction after riding it on my first visit to WDW back then I was 14. I loved it so much I pestered my parents so much for Figment plush,they eventually broke and I was made up.

We left Epcot with me clutching my Figment and feeling full of joy and wonder, I remember telling my folks how Epcot was my favourite place and wanted to go again.

We were on a fly drive vacation, the old style way where you booked a flight and car and got Days Inn vouchers for each nights accommodation . For the WDW think we must have stayed on Hotel Plaza Boulevard as I remember walking by a snake in the grass on route to Walt Disney World Village (Disney Springs).

5670_Empress-Lilly-6_jpg-500x0.jpg

Later on in the trip we drove alligator alley and we were staying in Miami Beach somewhere near the Fontainebleau. The reason this part of the story is relevant because whilst swimming in the pool with my Dad some ass nicked my Figment Plush from the lounger, I recall being totally devastated to find him gone. They couldn't take my Epcot memories though and I held dearly onto them for many years to come and I did eventually return, albeit some 29 years later with my own 14 year old.

Now that was a trip down memory lane and to bring it back on topic.........

What with all the rumours and confirmed attractions coming to Epcot are we feeling that same hope and optimism for the park's future?

It's publicized, but unlisted.

The little part of my brain - the one that's usually not wrong, but tends to get me into trouble - gets the impression that if you someone wanted to judge an affinity and give it real quantifiable metrics that related to unique individuals rather than a broad quasi-percentage representation you'd prevent viral sharing and "organic" growth by having a distinct gateway (direct link which tracks back - that's how youtube works) to see who these people are and where they're coming from and if they're a viable demographic.

Being unlisted prevents the video from being seen by people via automated recommendation, which is how many views are garnered. There had to be an active investigation, investment, and level of trust to follow the link.

And that it's only at 45k views is.. troubling. That number for most other things in a similar listing situation would be quite positive, but in Disney's theme park empire.. I'm really not sure it's good.
I think you're reading too much into it.

What with all the rumours and confirmed attractions coming to Epcot are we feeling that same hope and optimism for the park's future?

For me, No. The last time there was a aura of hope and optimism was when Misson: SPACE was under construction, there was legit buzz around it. But then it opened, and all that hope and optimism went out the window.

With what's been announced on coming, it's a mixed bag.
New entryway/center space - It'll be nice and a long time coming, but for me what matters more is what's going on in the pavilions.

Ratatoullie - Out of the new attractions, this one makes the most sense. (The IP fits in with France, it's a legit addition and not replacing something.) The only downside is this trackless darkride isn't in the same ranks as Pooh's Hunny Hunt/Mystic Manor.

GotG - For the attraction itself it's a wait and see on what exactly it'll be, but what we do know is they're doing some mental gymnastics to try justifying it somehow fitting into Epcot, and that's not sitting well with anyone. We know they want to put more IP's into the park, but it's not a good sign if they're pulling something out of their rears just to put one in the park.

Speaking of IP's, right now the rumored IP to get put into the UK is Brave. This reminds me of a scene in the first Scary Movie film where a woman is getting chased by the killer, and she comes across a table with a variety of weapons...yet what she picks up is a banana. Brave is the banana in this situation.

Then of course we have something like Imagination which is in dire state of a upgrade/overall as each new version of the ride has been worse then the previous one. Yet we have heard nothing on what's to happen.

Believe me, I'd love to have hope and optimisim for the park's future. But not all the right moves/additions are happening for me to do so.

For me, No. The last time there was a aura of hope and optimism was when Misson: SPACE was under construction, there was legit buzz around it. But then it opened, and all that hope and optimism went out the window.

With what's been announced on coming, it's a mixed bag.
New entryway/center space - It'll be nice and a long time coming, but for me what matters more is what's going on in the pavilions.

Ratatoullie - Out of the new attractions, this one makes the most sense. (The IP fits in with France, it's a legit addition and not replacing something.) The only downside is this trackless darkride isn't in the same ranks as Pooh's Hunny Hunt/Mystic Manor.

GotG - For the attraction itself it's a wait and see on what exactly it'll be, but what we do know is they're doing some mental gymnastics to try justifying it somehow fitting into Epcot, and that's not sitting well with anyone. We know they want to put more IP's into the park, but it's not a good sign if they're pulling something out of their rears just to put one in the park.

Speaking of IP's, right now the rumored IP to get put into the UK is Brave. This reminds me of a scene in the first Scary Movie film where a woman is getting chased by the killer, and she comes across a table with a variety of weapons...yet what she picks up is a banana. Brave is the banana in this situation.

Then of course we have something like Imagination which is in dire state of a upgrade/overall as each new version of the ride has been worse then the previous one. Yet we have heard nothing on what's to happen.

Believe me, I'd love to have hope and optimisim for the park's future. But not all the right moves/additions are happening for me to do so.
My biggest fear of Epcot's future is that Imagination turns into Inside Out. Other than that, i'm fairly content with the direction the park is headed.

Also, I know everyone wanted Poppins, but what does Poppins really have to do with UK history? And I mean ACTUAL history? We all gave Frozen so much crap for being shoehorned into Norway, let's not be contradictory now just because we actually like the IP. I actually happen to think Brave is a great fit for the UK from a historical POV. The movie is based on Scottish mythology, just like Maelstrom was based on Norwegian mythology.

Disney themselves had a post about it on the Parks blog. I hardly think they're trying to "hide" it, or something.

I'm not. I'm really not optimistic at all. There are individual confirmed changes coming - Ratatouille and the redone China CircleVision film - that I'm excited for, but I have virtually no hope for the overall direction of the theme park. I don't see any way (based on what we know for sure and can surmise) that the 2022 version of the park will have a distinct identity that is different from the other theme parks. I fear it's going to become the catch-all park for attractions Disney either can't or won't add to the three other parks (where those attractions might be more appropriate).

Am I leaving room to be pleasantly surprised? Sure, I guess.

Parks Blog posts unlisted videos all the time. I assume they only want shorter advert or current announcement type videos to show in people's Subscription feeds on YouTube is all.

I would actually be fine with a small Scotland/Brave expansion. Have a nice meet and greet area, a flat ride, and maybe a playground where you can explore castle ruins and find some artifacts and amulets. It would be kinda tucked away and help round out the park a little.

I'm fine with BRAVE provided it's not just a "book report" ride retelling the story of the movie. If they use the characters to explore Scottish lore and tradition, then terrific.

But I'm still not convinced it's going to be a dark ride.

I'm fine with BRAVE provided it's not just a "book report" ride retelling the story of the movie. If they use the characters to explore Scottish lore and tradition, then terrific.

But I'm still not convinced it's going to be a dark ride.
I'm not sure what type of ride either, they don't have a ton of land to play with there so it'll likely either be a Fantasyland-style busbar or a flat.

Reactions: ChaseTuff