EPCOT Restaurant/Attractions Advice? | Inside Universal Forums

EPCOT Restaurant/Attractions Advice?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Hey Everyone!

I'm going around to each park to get enthusiast advice for how to tackle each of my 3 days at Disney!

We are going to EPCOT in the afternoon on May 20th after park hopping from AK. What are some good places to eat dinner there? Overall, we are looking for some place with middle of the road entrees (like 15-20 dollars).

Also, here are the attractions we want to do in addition to staying for Illuminations and walking around the different countries! Let me know what you guys think and maybe a helpful plan of attack!

Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space
Turtle Talk
The Seas
Spaceship Earth
Maelstrom

I suggest eating dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel. It is a full service Mexican restruant with a view of illuminations. I would call for reservations ASAP And see if they still have a table with a view of illuminations open. I would call for reservations, and ask for a window seat, I do not recommend getting a reservation online. Also for soarin I think after you enter Epcot you should go straight and get soarin fast passes, then while you are there hit living with the land. After living with the land I think you should go to the seas or Figment. As for test track I usually go on single rider.

Have Fun, hope is helped!:thumbs:

Btw I'm not talking about the mexican restaurant in the temple, the new one that is on the lagoon:)

Last edited:
A couple of tips when it comes to Epcot..there really isn't much food that is bad in Epcot its all fantastic..if you want A LOT of food and a fun time eat in Germany...the pizza at Via Napoli is absolute FANTASTIC..and they are pretty big pies and delicious. The food in Mexico is good, but its standard fare when it comes to Mexican food. The hibachi in Japan is good...but my main suggestion eat the Pizza in Via Napoli...enjoy your dessert in the bakery in France....get your beers in Germany and the Rose and Crown Pub in England...and if you have space and time for a Grand Marnier Slush in France too.. go for it :cheers:

Also make sure you go to Club Cool, its a soda sampling station in Epcot, and make sure EVERYONE in your group tries Beverly except for you and laugh at their reaction.

A couple of tips when it comes to Epcot..there really isn't much food that is bad in Epcot its all fantastic..if you want A LOT of food and a fun time eat in Germany...the pizza at Via Napoli is absolute FANTASTIC..and they are pretty big pies and delicious. The food in Mexico is good, but its standard fare when it comes to Mexican food. The hibachi in Japan is good...but my main suggestion eat the Pizza in Via Napoli...enjoy your dessert in the bakery in France....get your beers in Germany and the Rose and Crown Pub in England...and if you have space and time for a Grand Marnier Slush in France too.. go for it :cheers:

Also make sure you go to Club Cool, its a soda sampling station in Epcot, and make sure EVERYONE in your group tries Beverly except for you and laugh at their reaction.

I couldn't agree with eating at Via Napoli enough. The pizza there is awesome and if you split a pizza with a group it works out to be one of the cheaper options for a sit down meal at Disney.

I tried the Beverly for the first time in Feb and it was so gross :lol:

Here is what i would guess you will expect to see getting to Epcot in the afternoon

Test Track expect a long wait
Soarin expect a really long wait
Mission Space could be a short wait
Turtle Talk short wait
The Seas should be a walk on
Spaceship Earth should only be a short wait
Maelstrom should be a short wait if not a walk on

Also try the boat rides in The Land and Mexican pavilions, they are usually walk on rides all day.

Last edited:
I agree with the other person, go to the land and get a fast pass for soarin as soon as you get there. Then go to the land boat ride, the seas and then turtle talk. If your fast pass is not up yet, then go over and do Spaceship earth, Test Track (single rider), and mission space. The longest line will be soarin (hence fast pass), second longest will be Test Track (hence single rider), the ones after that should be between a walk on and 20 minute wait. In addition to adding the boat ride in the land, i would add the boat ride in Mexico.

Food prices as $15 to $20 is harder for sit down. Best counter food is the land. I would take the other people's suggestion with the Pizza (I have to try that sometime). Germany is a fun place, but it is $33 a person. One of our favorite places to go in addition to the garden grill. Mexico outside the pavilion is not typical Mexican and is VERY good. You could maybe find dishes around $20.

I think Tepen Edo is the best thing in Epcot, but that's just my tastes. Also, make sure to go to La Cava del Tequila for an Avocado margarita!

I'll put in another vote for Biergarten. Granted, it's the only place I've eaten in Epcot, but it's a great value. The great food, great atmosphere, and good entertainment make it a memorable experience.

I'll put in another vote for Biergarten. Granted, it's the only place I've eaten in Epcot, but it's a great value. The great food, great atmosphere, and good entertainment make it a memorable experience.

Ive heard the same thing form one of my buddies. I haven't eaten there personally but he said it was a pretty good value for eating at Disney and pretty fun.

Just remember at Biergarten it is family style seating..you WILL sit with people you don't know.

Just remember at Biergarten it is family style seating..you WILL sit with people you don't know.

But that is the fun part!!!! I have met some pretty neat people and had some of the best times when sitting with others. The worse that happens is you get stuck with people who don't want to get to know you and ignore you the entire time. If that happens it is like sitting by yourself.

The one time we were with these four brother in laws. They all were dating or married to these four sisters. The sisters wanted to go to France and they did not, so the sisters took the kids and went to France and they went to Germany. They were a hoot to be with and my daughter had a blast with them. The one guy kept trying to be funny around her and she would just give him this look, it was so funny. Some of them were pretty drunk by the end, but not so drunk they became rude. It was a good time and probably one of the best times because they were there to have a good time and to let loose away from the wives.