Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Evermore

Felipe

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2009
The Forbidden Forest
I don't remember how I stumbled upon it, but I fell in love with this project and have been following it ever since. Check out EVERMORE:

As someone I showed this to pointed out, it looks straight out of a world like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. And those Utah mountains as a backdrop... It's gonna look so cool!

To give a little more info on the park, it's located in "Pleasant Grove, Utah, 30 miles south of Salt Lake City" per the site's website. It comes from a team that includes the creator of THE VOID, veteran Imagineers, and Face Off contestants among a bunch of other talented artists that seem really passionate about it from everything I've seen.

While they won't have rides, it looks like a really unique and high quality experience, fully immersive and interactive. This comment on an Instagram post made me really excited... ceoevermore said, "we are building a 32,000 square foot Manor complete with themed rooms, hidden passageways and rooms, secret entrances and stairs, etc., all designed to a discoverable story ..." That sounds fascinating!

Well, turns out I might be in Utah at the end of July / beginning of August, and they're aiming to open around that time... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to visit then. Either way, I'm continuing to keep up with the project online and look forward to definitely visiting whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I'll leave you with a video of their latest construction update. Awesome drone video to boot!

There's a few other cool videos on their YouTube channel, if you want to see some more...

I remember when this project began, and there was a lot of intrigue by many, heck, I even think it had a thread on USHForums when that was separate from OU's Forums.

It reminds me a lot of the Roleplaying aspects of Galaxy's Edge, but if they were given the chance to make it as the main aspect of the "park". It seems like something that while some may not like, I know a lot would love to be at just for the roleplaying possibilities.

Me personally, I love everything involved in this, and reminds me very much of Renaissance Faires, but if a Renissance Faire got a large budget for Year-Round capabilities, this would be it.

I would not mind seeing this, if I get a chance, as it has a lot of potential with the people involved.

Me personally, I love everything involved in this, and reminds me very much of Renaissance Faires, but if a Renissance Faire got a large budget for Year-Round capabilities, this would be it.

Absolutely. I'm personally not into role-playing, but just visiting and exploring would be an awesome experience. The fact that it's basically a huge walk-through interactive attraction, themed with such depth and detail... it's pretty stunning. Plus the mention of hidden passageways, and secret entrances and stairs, it gives it a bit of an escape room vibe, too. I'm really digging the whole combination. Oh, and not to mention a Halloween event (among others), so it's just appealing to me from many different angles, haha. Can't wait to see it!

I live just a couple minutes away from this, so if done well, it would be nice for me. I just don’t see how this will have sustainable attendance. Could be wrong, I often am, especially with the high level of “nerd” culture around here. If anywhere can make this successful, it’s Utah, but I don’t expect this park to last very long until it changes into something scaled down used primarily for weddings and other events. I guess we will see!

Love the idea of an interactive and themed botanical garden type park though!

Last edited:
I just don’t see how this will have sustainable attendance.

This is a fair point of concern. They're certainly not located in your typical tourist destination, but that may be a blessing in disguise (they're not competing against the bigger parks, and they might get more people from the surrounding areas that are not willing to travel all the way to Orlando or even California, which is closer). Looks like they are working to keep attendance up by hosting big seasonal events, and then other smaller events in between those. Also, as long as they promote this well, and the ball is rolling, they can be quite successful. Look at little old me in middle-of-nowhere Florida finding out about it, and being excited to go check it out. Let's hope they do well! It looks like a lot of work and passion is going into it, so it should be pretty fantastic!

This is a fair point of concern. They're certainly not located in your typical tourist destination, but that may be a blessing in disguise (they're not competing against the bigger parks, and they might get more people from the surrounding areas that are not willing to travel all the way to Orlando or even California, which is closer). Looks like they are working to keep attendance up by hosting big seasonal events, and then other smaller events in between those. Also, as long as they promote this well, and the ball is rolling, they can be quite successful. Look at little old me in middle-of-nowhere Florida finding out about it, and being excited to go check it out. Let's hope they do well! It looks like a lot of work and passion is going into it, so it should be pretty fantastic!

I agree. I very much hope they do well—and even grow! I’m familiar with what building plans looked like in earlier iterations (it was massive) and I have to say I’d love to see this in its full glory. They’ve been trying to get this off the ground for so many years, I hope they are able to finally launch this summer.

That said, just looking at their planned park hours on the website concerns me that their expectations may be unrealistic.

I’m mostly interested to see what kind of shopping/food options they offer, because I have no idea what they have in mind for that, and that could make or break the park from a financial standpoint.

I live just a couple minutes away from this, so if done well, it would be nice for me. I just don’t see how this will have sustainable attendance. Could be wrong, I often am, especially with the high level of “nerd” culture around here. If anywhere can make this successful, it’s Utah, but I don’t expect this park to last very long until it changes into something scaled down used primarily for weddings and other events. I guess we will see!

Love the idea of an interactive and themed botanical garden type park though!

The region is starved for things to do that aren't winter sports. Salt lake City might be the most boring city I have ever been to for its size.

I thought this project was dead in the water, but looks like they were chugging along behind the scenes...

Seeing videos from the opening and I'm quite underwhelmed. Too mucb mix of good and bad costume designs and building designs leaves a lot to be desired. The sightlines as well are none existent and you can see things outside the park.

Yeah, more than anything else, it's just clear it's unfinished. They have some really great concepts and moments of design, but it hasn't been all tied together yet. They have a lot of dead space, but when the trees grow in, the crowds come, and the designs are fully realized, I think it'll be really wonderful. I just hope they survive long enough to get the park to where it needs to be.

I recently went to check it out—incomplete is a good word for the current state of the park—that said, when even just the current construction is complete, the place looks like it will double in size and things to see/do. And they are moving with construction fast. The train should be up and running before too much longer.

The crowds are showing up, enough to make lines unpleasant, and lots of return visitors are coming from the sound of it, so I do think this will thrive (unless operating costs are insane).

There were a couple of really cool things, like a giant interactive animatronic, and some of the actors, but there a LOT of kinks that need to be ironed out, and they really need to find a way to get more light when the sun goes down, because it gets ridiculously dark.

I’ll check it out again next year, but I would have loved for at least one area of the park to have a botanical garden type feel, as they had advertised. Tons of artificial scents pumped everywhere around the park, which they probably need because of where they are located, but I would have loved actual plant/tree smells.

I recently went to check it out—incomplete is a good word for the current state of the park—that said, when even just the current construction is complete, the place looks like it will double in size and things to see/do. And they are moving with construction fast. The train should be up and running before too much longer.

The crowds are showing up, enough to make lines unpleasant, and lots of return visitors are coming from the sound of it, so I do think this will thrive (unless operating costs are insane).

There were a couple of really cool things, like a giant interactive animatronic, and some of the actors, but there a LOT of kinks that need to be ironed out, and they really need to find a way to get more light when the sun goes down, because it gets ridiculously dark.

I’ll check it out again next year, but I would have loved for at least one area of the park to have a botanical garden type feel, as they had advertised. Tons of artificial scents pumped everywhere around the park, which they probably need because of where they are located, but I would have loved actual plant/tree smells.
Having lived in the area for 20 years I really wonder how they get a "botanical garden" in a desert? I can see a desert setting but to make it lush? I think they are over reaching for that. North end of the lake is not the best place but maybe they can make it work. I will be out there in the next couple of years so I will check it out if still open then.

Where does the water come from in Utah? Are there tight limits on its use?
It comes from the snowpack in the mountains and is captured as runoff. There is a large freshwater lake near where this is located and it runs down the Jordan river to the Great Salt Lake to evaporate.
Not much regulation on use but it does cost for delivery and disposal.