Expanding Thrill Rides | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Expanding Thrill Rides

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My sources are telling me prep work has already started in JP and real construction should start after Transformers wraps up. From what I am hearing, color me interested. The rumors are exciting.

As for now the Seuss project has been shelved.

Sidebar: UC is in negotiations with the impossible IP. But I can't expand on it now.

Seuss would have been nice, but I'll be very happy with a Jurassic Park ride that doesn't involve water.

Not a LotR fan, but I know many are, and I'm sure I'll love the land/attraction.

My sources are telling me prep work has already started in JP and real construction should start after Transformers wraps up. From what I am hearing, color me interested. The rumors are exciting.

Sidebar: UC is in negotiations with the impossible IP. But I can't expand on it now.

JP should be pretty exciting, but I've been hearing that it's either a jeep ride of the mine coaster, can you dive inonany of that yet? Too bad the Suess project got put on hold, but honestly JP needs it more. As for LOTR, YES!!!!!!! This will be exciting if they can make a deal!

Awesome! Jurassic Park really is in desperate need of a new attraction. As for the Seuss project, that's a shame. However, that may be some incentive to also do something with Toon Lagoon/The Lost Continent because they need more help than Seuss Landing, in my opinion.

Awesome! Jurassic Park really is in desperate need of a new attraction. As for the Seuss project, that's a shame. However, that may be some incentive to also do something with Toon Lagoon/The Lost Continent because they need more help than Seuss Landing, in my opinion.

I think LOTR is replacing LC.

From the rumors I have been told JP is NOT getting a Jeep ride.

And as far as the "impossible IP", signs are the blockade MAY be thawing. But there is a long way to go.

From the rumors I have been told JP is NOT getting a Jeep ride.

And as far as the "impossible IP", signs are the blockade MAY be thawing. But there is a long way to go.

Good, it's too similar to JPRA. As far as LOTR, I just wish Christopher Tolkien didn't protect it so much. We get it, you protect your father's creation, but you don't have to be like Gollum :lol:

There's so much potential, and so many questions, with such an acquisition.

While LOTR is the more popular stories, I think "The Hobbit" lends itself much more to a theme park land due to attractions being able to be themed after its locales and events easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Good, it's too similar to JPRA. As far as LOTR, I just wish Christopher Tolkien didn't protect it so much. We get it, you protect your father's creation, but you don't have to be like Gollum :lol:

Well, I don't blame him.

But I'd love for JKR to get in touch with him to tell how well Universal works with these creators.

While LOTR is the more popular stories, I think "The Hobbit" lends itself much more to a theme park land due to attractions being able to be themed after its locales and events easier.

Perhaps, but I don't think it's likely that the complete theme will be one series or the other, but rather the universe they're both in (ie: the Shire, etc.). For example, I don't think they'd market it as the island being based off of the Hobbit, but rather the Lord of the Rings universe. If that makes sense.

Eh. Doesn't seem likely that Mordor would be a land. It's possible you could go there in an attraction, but I think just The Shire and/or Rivendell would be much more likely.

They could always WWOHP it if it's sucessful enough and move it to USF, but then again, One does not simply walk into Mordor :p I can see Rivendell be more likely, since The Shire is laid back and the big concern there is food. If they did go with The Shire, the food has to be Uni's best.

What would the Shire really provide though? What kind of attractions could you put there? And yes the Shire is cool looking but is it really THAT spectacular? In reality it is just a lot of green hills. And isn't it kind of built for Hobbits anyways? Gandalf had to crouch just to go inside Bilbo's house, and he hit his head pretty hard. Now Rivendell, that is a site I would love to see. And much easier to have elf uniforms than a bunch of "Hobbits" walking around.

The land would be Middle Earth, I think IOA could use a mountain....
A Bilbos house would be a nice to see as the entrance to an attraction and the inside as part of a que line.
Lots of posssibilities with LOTR.

What would the Shire really provide though? What kind of attractions could you put there? And yes the Shire is cool looking but is it really THAT spectacular? In reality it is just a lot of green hills. And isn't it kind of built for Hobbits anyways? Gandalf had to crouch just to go inside Bilbo's house, and he hit his head pretty hard. Now Rivendell, that is a site I would love to see. And much easier to have elf uniforms than a bunch of "Hobbits" walking around.

Food, drink, the beginning of every journey in the mass known stories of Middle Earth, and a beautiful setting. You're going too literal with the size, too.

If Middle Earth ends up at Uni, you can put money on The Shire being a major part.

The Shire could be an entry port into Middle Earth with shops and visits to Bag End. From there, a visit to Rivendell, Gondor, or Mordor would be three choices. Mordor could hold a dark ride with adventures avoiding the Urukhai and other nasties. Rivendell would be a great place for a coaster (between family and thrill). Gondor could be a water flume with various scenes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gondor, but only in a ride. A big part of Mordor in the films and books was the dark skies. I don't feel like it would be Mordor if it was all sunny out. But if we don't go there in a ride then I will be disappointed.