Express Service Upcharge | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Express Service Upcharge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why can't Disney just fix their traffic/road situations...
They are actually in the middle of doing just that in the MK, Epcot and DHS areas and having just completed the Disney Springs area. There's a lot of road construction going on at the resort.

They are actually in the middle of doing just that in the MK, Epcot and DHS areas and having just completed the Disney Springs area. There's a lot of road construction going on at the resort.
Really the roads aren't that bad. The big issue is when you operate 5 transportation hubs with each having about 30 routes originating from it. That gives you well over 100 different routes, it's very difficult to make that efficient.

Really the roads aren't that bad. The big issue is when you operate 5 transportation hubs with each having about 30 routes originating from it. That gives you well over 100 different routes, it's very difficult to make that efficient.
TLDR: Shitty long term planning. They're adding bus lanes everywhere, so that should improve either frequency or total cost of the system depending on what else they do. It will definitely improve how long it takes to get from place to place.

two things first a question is it 15 per bus ride or 15 for the day.If it is 15 per day then ya i could go for this bc you can see all sorts of things you shouldn't.Also if you dont have to wait 20 min for a bus then thats also a plus

Asked around today - shuttle schedules are a little staggered. One park on hour, one 10 before and one 10 after.

Still haven't seen a single person using it.

Asked around today - shuttle schedules are a little staggered. One park on hour, one 10 before and one 10 after.

Still haven't seen a single person using it.
I wouldn't be surprised if this disappears within the next few months or so. Pretty much all of the new upcharge events they've announced are strictly on a trial basis right now and they are just trying to see what sticks and what doesn't. Basically, they're just testing the market on pretty much anything they can make extra money on and if it proves successful it will continue.

They need to use these extra buses to take people back and forth between the Transportation and Ticket Center and Magic Kingdom.

Yet again today the entire monorail line is down...resort and parks lines. The waits to get on the ferry boats is insane. I've currently been standing here almost a half hour and still not on one. Guests around me are very upset. The company needs to re-prioritize their needs.

...and now there's a medical emergency on one if the ferry boats...so all traffic is stopped.

Dear WDW, forget these up charge buses and add a busline from the TTC to MK!

...and now there's a medical emergency on one if the ferry boats...so all traffic is stopped.

You never know they may just move the express bus to that route before it's all said and done. You want to get out of the park in less than an hour, that'll be $15 per person.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I saw a TTC <>MK Shuttle bus being used earlier this month. The Monorail and Ferries were fully functional at the time, and it wasn't that busy on the week after Thanksgiving

As horrible as the transportation is it's far more efficient than security. They had to shut down the ferry boat traffic last week, when the boat docked no one could get off due to the line for security being backed up.

It's common to have the buses that run TTC to MK as backup, especially on busy days or days when the monorail or ferry boats are running short on vehicles. It's also not uncommon to see Mears buses being used on those days for that run including the DCL and Magic Express buses as well as yellow Mears buses.

I got to see some of the express buses running today and they are Disney buses being used for it. Also the ticket sellers are wearing buttons advertising the service.

So... this test was supposed to end.

But then Disney decided to keep it for race weekend cuz of the higher crowd levels.

And now it's just indefinitely part of the operation.

So... this test was supposed to end.

But then Disney decided to keep it for race weekend cuz of the higher crowd levels.

And now it's just indefinitely part of the operation.
I don't like the idea of guests going through backstage areas, but I can see the appeal of the service.

Wouldn't be surprised if this sticks around.

i guess another up charge just showed up.Walt Disney World announced the latest over-to-top upcharge service today... a new Personal Shopping Service now available at Disney Springs that will run you $250 an hour. Yeah... you apparently pay someone to go shopping with you and give you fashion advice... for those who can't make decisions on their own or who apparently can't get a friend to go with them shopping anymore... at Disney Springs. You'd think you could just offer to buy a friend a really tasty meal in exchange for shopping with you get off a lot cheaper than renting a "proven fashion advisor" to tag along.
Time will tell if this option goes the way of the Magic Kingdom Cabanas(from screamscape)

Last edited:
i guess another up charge just showed up.Walt Disney World announced the latest over-to-top upcharge service today... a new Personal Shopping Service now available at Disney Springs that will run you $250 an hour. Yeah... you apparently pay someone to go shopping with you and give you fashion advice... for those who can't make decisions on their own or who apparently can't get a friend to go with them shopping anymore... at Disney Springs. You'd think you could just offer to buy a friend a really tasty meal in exchange for shopping with you get off a lot cheaper than renting a "proven fashion advisor" to tag along.
Time will tell if this option goes the way of the Magic Kingdom Cabanas(from screamscape)
I hope that haven't signed up Kelly Conway to give the fashion advice. :lol: