Falcon's Fury | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are they venturing away from the traditional African theming? Pantopia?

1) What triggers the pivot from the diving position to the homing position as the cabin makes its free fall?

2) What is the length of the total free fall (in terms of feet) from the release point at the top of the tower, to the point where it engages the brake?

3) Theoretical capacity?

4) Any decorative crown for the top of the tower?

How much will it cost to climb inside this thing once it is done? :rofl: Seriously Bob's pics have been making me want to clime this thing ever since the parts first started arriving onsite.

Third section has been installed :thumbs:
Fourth piece has been moved into place. I find that interesting as I was told that the current crane would only lift the first three sections. Maybe, he wasn't counting the base :shrug:

Also, walls are up around some of the games.

OF, I won't be able to make it this weekend as I am attending another event. Can you do me a favor and take a few shots of the site. Thanks

Last edited:
Third section has been installed :thumbs:
Fourth piece has been moved into place. I find that interesting as I was told that the current crane would only lift the first three sections. Maybe, he wasn't counting the base :shrug:

Also, walls are up around some of the games.

OF, I won't be able to make it this weekend as I am attending another event. Can you do me a favor and take a few shots of the site. Thanks

Will do, anything in particular you are looking for?

^ They now have construction walls up around some of the games. Can you take a few wide shots of those areas.

As far as FF itself goes, if you can get a few close-ups of the joiner plates and fasteners that would be great. And a few overall site shots or whatever else you can.

Nighttime pic, not much from to see from outside the wall, and with the company I was with there was not much time to snoop around.
DSC01961_zps54035092.jpg

There it is sitting at 100 feet.

DSC01955_zps8d426f10.jpg

DSC01949_zps65619746.jpg

DSC01950_zpsc3ee512a.jpg

Awesome pictures! I'd personally like to see one that shows perspective. Maybe one taken from the Sky ride would be ideal. This is looking awfully Transformers-ish for a big African tower... but I really really like it.

Awesome pictures! I'd personally like to see one that shows perspective. Maybe one taken from the Sky ride would be ideal. This is looking awfully Transformers-ish for a big African tower... but I really really like it.
Yeah it was running last night too and if I weren't with my GF and her elderly parents I would have been able to ride it and get some more pics...

Great shots, OF. Thanks for helping out. :thumbs:

I'll take some perspective shots over the weekend. :wave:

As far as the Transformers-ish goes. Just wait until all the themeing is in place, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Wild, when I saw the pieces with all of the holes... I thought, "those couldn't be all bolt holes could they?". Well, yes, it appears that was exactly the intended use. Daz alotta bolts!

Oh! That grew quickly! Thanks for the update, OF! :thumbs:

That's what she said :lol:

bobwadd said:
I'll take some perspective shots over the weekend.

As far as the Transformers-ish goes. Just wait until all the themeing is in place, you won't be disappointed.

Much appreciated. I hope you'll be able to see this sucker driving down I-4 westbound once it reaches its peak. You can easily see downtown Tampa Bay and those buildings not only sit at a lower elevation, but are comparable in size to that of Falcon's Fury. What a statement that'd make...