Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They were probably not getting anyone early in the morning. Most people are rushing to see Mickey or Princesses and that place is so far in the back of the park. So it makes sense, no need to have characters out there with no one to greet. I don't think it is any indication on how it is doing in general, it is just more of people rushing into the park and doing something first before heading to the back corner of the park.

Most everyone is heading directly to the FLE...isn't that where this is located? :stunned:

Most everyone is heading directly to the FLE...isn't that where this is located? :stunned:

Everyone is headed to Ariel's Grotto, Belle's, and Under the Sea. This is on the other side and there is really nothing "new" because it is Dumbo and the roller coaster. If people go there, they are starting with Dumbo and the roller coaster before doing the meet and great. So I am thinking most people are not rushing back there to do that particular meet and great.

Everyone is headed to Ariel's Grotto, Belle's, and Under the Sea. This is on the other side and there is really nothing "new" because it is Dumbo and the roller coaster. If people go there, they are starting with Dumbo and the roller coaster before doing the meet and great. So I am thinking most people are not rushing back there to do that particular meet and great.

Which speaks volumes since that area is also a promoted portion of the FLE. I guess when the new Princess M&G opens at SW it will see even less traffic. It appears to me that is a bunch of wasted square footage. :mickey2:

Which speaks volumes since that area is also a promoted portion of the FLE. I guess when the new Princess M&G opens at SW it will see even less traffic. It appears to me that is a bunch of wasted square footage. :mickey2:

I don't see it as wasted space since M&G are so popular, but the people that get there at park opening are getting there to do certain key rides/M&Gs before lines get long and I don't think this is one of them. That is like saying people don't rush to go ride pooh, so it is a waste of space. But most people are probably rushing back to Under the Sea right now. 45 minutes is not a lot of time, it is basically just allowing people to get into the park, ride a ride or d a M&G. So it is the second or third thing on people's list and not the first. Doesn't make it a fail.

I don't see it as wasted space since M&G are so popular, but the people that get there at park opening are getting there to do certain key rides/M&Gs before lines get long and I don't think this is one of them. That is like saying people don't rush to go ride pooh, so it is a waste of space. But most people are probably rushing back to Under the Sea right now. 45 minutes is not a lot of time, it is basically just allowing people to get into the park, ride a ride or d a M&G. So it is the second or third thing on people's list and not the first. Doesn't make it a fail.

Fair enough. As a MK visitor since the 70's, I guess I expected more. I think the area is themed quite well but I question the decision to promote the biggest expansion in MK history, only to be left with a Belle M&G (maybe if you are a chosen one), a future Princess M&G, a restaurant (admittedly needed), a lame Mermaid clone ride, two dumbos for the price of one (hundred dollars :wave:), a 50 second ride rehashed, and some part of the park they have apparently written off already. Don't even make me bring up Stinky Pete's Reconstituted Non-Potable Water Spectacular! The restrooms do look cool though. They opened the day after we left so I just missed them. This coaster better be the best thing since sliced bread. I guess that is what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Fair enough. As a MK visitor since the 70's, I guess I expected more. I think the area is themed quite well but I question the decision to promote the biggest expansion in MK history, only to be left with a Belle M&G (maybe if you are a chosen one), a future Princess M&G, a restaurant (admittedly needed), a lame Mermaid clone ride, two dumbos for the price of one (hundred dollars :wave:), a 50 second ride rehashed, and some part of the park they have apparently written off already. Don't even make me bring up Stinky Pete's Reconstituted Non-Potable Water Spectacular! The restrooms do look cool though. They opened the day after we left so I just missed them. This coaster better be the best thing since sliced bread. I guess that is what I was trying to say.

I agree they could have done more. But I do think some of the stuff they did is pretty neat and it is a hugely popular area. The water area is actually pretty popular other than cold days (not often here) and it seems always hard to find a place to sit down because people are everywhere watching their kids get wet. While FLE is no WWOHP, I think it was a good addition to the park, but I do believe they should have opened EVERYTHING in December and I think they could have added one more ride of some sort.

i hate when people call TLM a clone. the Disneyland and WDW versions were always planned to be spitting images of each other, no one park was ever meant to "have it first". therefore, neither of them are a clone of the other. they are just simply twins.

i hate when people call TLM a clone. the Disneyland and WDW versions were always planned to be spitting images of each other, no one park was ever meant to "have it first". therefore, neither of them are a clone of the other. they are just simply twins.

Not meaning to attack here but is that not just semantics? When in theme park forums and discussions the term cloning would be just a near identical duplicate with often very few if any unique traits. The new fitting term for the simultanious "cloning" seems to be Value Engineering. And I think that is what people are upset about. You had very popular attractions in the past duplicated, but they often avoided doing things exactly alike before one was a long term success.

Sorry but nobody refers to identical theme park rides as "twins." We call them clones. And that's okay. Mermaid, Transformers, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, and soon Despicable Me: all cloned.

I don't mind clones. I'll probably never go to Singapore, Tokyo, or even LA "again" (I don't care much for LA). At least, if it's cloned in Orlando, I'll get to ride the attraction. And if its an E ticket attraction like Transformers, Splash, Pirates etc., all the better.

Not meaning to attack here but is that not just semantics? When in theme park forums and discussions the term cloning would be just a near identical duplicate with often very few if any unique traits. The new fitting term for the simultaneous "cloning" seems to be Value Engineering. And I think that is what people are upset about. You had very popular attractions in the past duplicated, but they often avoided doing things exactly alike before one was a long term success.

I think what bothers people about the "Value Engineering" in this case, is that they didn't reach the ride's potential. So it's an extra slap in the face that they couldn't, or really decided not, to get it perfectly right.

Surprise a 7DMT update!
8640934577_5c94f6c25a_b.jpg

8640934069_0abcedf5a6_b.jpg

8642035198_14dba6cbb6_b.jpg

8640933135_1905890616_b.jpg

8642034178_9484d85585_b.jpg

8640932065_fd218859a4_b.jpg

8640931483_a72d9c389c_b.jpg

8642031936_c18da78d0d_b.jpg

8640929831_5e0782796b_b.jpg

8640928661_508e9ba684_b.jpg

8642029750_4d2eae9e8b_b.jpg

8642029254_073db36712_b.jpg

8642028578_0fc5a1316f_b.jpg

8640926393_899461bbbe_b.jpg

8640925961_4a2a96fb1c_b.jpg

8640925503_05914c1791_b.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
My wife said "They should have this thing open by now, didn't they already have a grand opening?"... I know. Wasn't able to snag a picture but Ariel's eye in the "Kiss the Girl" sequence was way off. Hate to see the AA already hurting.