Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Velocicoaster's audio is exactly what I expect on F/F. In the form of HQ speakers along the along the course and in the station. On board audio may or may not even be feasible given the noise restrictions. Sorry to imply otherwise.
Fair enough! Forgive me if I went too detailed in the posting.

I do wish Gasolina comes back though. That much i will not apologize for.

Just to tamp down expectations, I don't believe this coaster will have on board audio. That's not really a thing with Intamin launch coasters.

Just sayin'.
The new Intamin multi-launch that just opened in Spain has onboard audio, so it's certainly possible. I'm not sure if this will have any though considering Velocicoaster didn't.

Been thinking on that, but assuming if ParkFans is right, they might be forced to have the four for the sake of boosting and increasing the momentum of the vehicles as the trains traverse past the MCBR. That way, they can make sure that the ride can move as it is best suited towards.
Having 4 launches is also an effective way of getting a lot of blocks on the ride without slowing the pace of the ride down.
For all intent and purpose, I will use VC as the standard for this post. Basically, it is only so many blocks a coaster can have until you begin to start stacking. Sure, you want to maximize capacity, however, you also want to ensure smooth operations. throughout it's course, it seems VC has 3 blocks: The section between the station and the launch, the first launch and the second launch. Not sure how many blocks from the initial brake run to the station. I question some of the labeling on the proposed layout like, for instance, brakes before a wall stall/dive. It appears the supposed brakes are on ground level and you will immediately rise into the dive not drop into it (based on the angle of the crossties of the track). Now, could they be trims? Possibly but full fledged brakes/MCBR, I will take a guess and say no.

I can see a second launched section traversing the bottom of the stall up into the dive drop, BUT, it's hard to fathom a launch immediately after what is looking to be the tallest point of the ride. The speed is to be what? 70+MPH right? In most cases that's usually achieved at the bottom of the tallest point and not so much as a result of a launch. I could also see an elongated low high airtime following the fall out of the dive drop. I do understand the elevation change and understand the ride needs to make it back up the hill. Which is why I do believe their MAYBE a third launch to keep the momentum going for the wrap around the escalator section.

With that being said, I do not think the third launch will act as a block being the brakes would be 5-10 seconds away. So, with that said, I could see 3 blocks on the track, the same blocks as VC. I want to say I could see how someone could think there is a launch after the dive drop, it seems to show a dark black area, but other sections of the layout (like right before the final brake run) also has it which makes me think those areas are just double/thick spine areas and not necessarily launch mechanisms.

Velocicoaster's audio is exactly what I expect on F/F. In the form of HQ speakers along the along the course and in the station. On board audio may or may not even be feasible given the noise restrictions. Sorry to imply otherwise.
sounds from speakers thankfully are very easy to manipulate, maybe they they could figure something out like you said

Reactions: Southerncoasterer
If they can do on board Audio then I'd be for that but it wont make or break the ride

I hope its just a fun coaster and hopefully the theming is more interesting then what they have done before for the series

Just to tamp down expectations, I don't believe this coaster will have on board audio. That's not really a thing with Intamin launch coasters.

Just sayin'.

I can add that I just rode Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood, which is an Intamin family multilaunch coaster, and it had on board audio.

I’m not going to lose sleep over inboard audio. I think the ride will have it, it would be nice to have it, but we find out there won’t be, I’ll just shrug. I just want a good coaster.
I can add that I just rode Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood, which is an Intamin family multilaunch coaster, and it had on board audio.
I don’t want to derail the thread, but how was Big Bear Mountain? Looked like a solid family coaster.

You just rode Big Bare Mountain at Dollywood, which is, in fact, a VEKOMA family multi-launched coaster. . .

Forgive me, I just returned from an 8 day event with a 6 hour flight delay coming home...

But in short, yes, the ride was surprisingly fun and smooth. Everyone (I was with the Coaster Con) was shocked how enjoyable it was. Very reridable. No real airtime (it's a family coaster)... imagine Jaguar but longer, smoother, more laterals, and with launches.

This person is predicting it might be the best roller coaster on the West coast, maybe even better than VelociCoaster.
Video provides a thorough break down of the leaked layout plans.

I know there has been some discussion about that random straight track/block before the “dive drop”. What if that section of the ride is where the "rotating" element comes into play, and you take the "wall stall", and boost launch into the "dive drop" backwards. Then while in the dive drop the cars rotate forward again for the rest of the ride.

I would not call this a family coaster

I think it wont turn away everyone but I think DK/Big Thunder/Manta as Family coasters that basically everyone can ride, I think the drops of the coaster looks fun...my only issue is the 4 inversions. We will see but that could make it a ride I go on less and less as I get older because of those but overall its a good use of the small space it's taking up

I would not call this a family coaster

I think it wont turn away everyone but I think DK/Big Thunder/Manta as Family coasters that basically everyone can ride, I think the drops of the coaster looks fun...my only issue is the 4 inversions. We will see but that could make it a ride I go on less and less as I get older because of those but overall its a good use of the small space it's taking up
Was anybody expecting a family coaster? I was always under the impression this was gonna be Hollywood’s big thrill machine.

It definitely does seem like a ride more for thrill-seekers. Not a family coaster.
But USH could use a thrill ride, it's honestly what the park is lacking. If Mummy stays for a little while longer, that basically fills the spot of a less intense family coaster.

I really do hope they end up putting some decent theming into this though.
I don't want this to feel like a Six Flags ride, especially with the lack of a show building and the layout, makes it difficult to put props along the track.

This ride really needs On-Board Audio though for maximum immersion IMO. I need to hear Dom yelling about us being a part of the family and how he always looks out for family. It would be neat though for it to have randomized background music sort of like Rip, Ride, Rockit. That way we can get back our Gasolina, Act a Fool, See You Again, etc...

Was anybody expecting a family coaster? I was always under the impression this was gonna be Hollywood’s big thrill machine.
I mean if it was just launches, then I think it could be more a family coaster.

I hope this makes the coaster fans because this will be the biggest kinda coaster we get for a long....long time if not the biggest ever for USH

It definitely does seem like a ride more for thrill-seekers. Not a family coaster.
But USH could use a thrill ride, it's honestly what the park is lacking. If Mummy stays for a little while longer, that basically fills the spot of a less intense family coaster.

I don't want this to feel like a Six Flags ride, especially with the lack of a show building and the layout, makes it difficult to put props along the track. This ride really needs On-Board Audio though for maximum immersion. I need to hear Dom yelling about us being a part of the family and how he always looks out for family. It would be neat though for it to have randomized background music sort of like Rip, Ride, Rockit. That way we can get back our Gasolina, Act a Fool, See You Again, etc...
I mean, I hope so as well but not thinking it will be much. I hope I'm wrong but its the reason I was not excited by this coaster, if it was even ET themed (through the forest/neighborhoods) or Back to the Future themed with showscenes and thrills then great but....its F&F they normally just don't do much more then warehouses and cars....

Reactions: nicodingus

I don't want this to feel like a Six Flags ride, especially with the lack of a show building and the layout, makes it difficult to put props along the track. This ride really needs On-Board Audio though for maximum immersion. I need to hear Dom yelling about us being a part of the family and how he always looks out for family. It would be neat though for it to have randomized background music sort of like Rip, Ride, Rockit. That way we can get back our Gasolina, Act a Fool, See You Again, etc...

Not sure you will see/need much theming if this is a spinner, you won't be able to see much when speeding along.
Some kind of preshow and post ride scenes would be welcome though.