Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not a bad POV! Those inversions will probably scare off a chunk of guests, but that just means more room for me haha. Full Throttle has a launch immediately after a dive loop that leads to an uphill section, but those trains aren't drifting. Fascinated to see what that feels like

Yeah also, do we need extensive/crazy theming for this on-ride when the hillside provides so much exciting thrill and excitement that not every coaster a compete with?

Agreed.
BUT I really hope the cars are themed like in the original concept art with underbody lighting etc, now that would look seriously cool zooming along the hillside, especially in the dark during HHN.

Not a bad POV! Those inversions will probably scare off a chunk of guests, but that just means more room for me haha. Full Throttle has a launch immediately after a dive loop that leads to an uphill section, but those trains aren't drifting. Fascinated to see what that feels like
oh no man, I think those inversions are going to draw in a lot of people. How many years have people wanting a legit coaster at USH?

I’m telling you, I think this will dethrone Mario Kart as the most popular ride at the park. I think it will be like Ghostrider where it will be so slammed it will be a rope-drop or end-of-the-night ride. On top of that, How many roller coasters in America take place along a giant side overlooking a major city?

oh no man, I think those inversions are going to draw in a lot of people. How many years have people wanting a legit coaster at USH?

I’m telling you, I think this will dethrone Mario Kart as the most popular ride at the park. I think it will be like Ghostrider where it will be so slammed it will be a rope-drop or end-of-the-night ride. On top of that, How many roller coasters in America take place along a giant side overlooking a major city?

Capacity and strong ops are going to be crucial to avoid this. Ghostrider wouldn't be such a cluster all the time if the ops were more efficient. The dual loading alone should make a big difference.

Broadly, though, I think you're on the right track. This becomes the park's Velocicoaster, while Mario Kart remains the Hagrid.

Mario Kart will remain the "King" of USH rides, with its IP popularity and its draw for a much wider audience. Thrill coasters limit your audience.

Like Clive said, it'll be this park's Velocicoaster. The best coaster in the park, but not the most popular attraction.

Reactions: Ron101

Is there a way to pin posts?

I'm sure the coaster will get people but Mario Kart numbers during the off season? I doubt it, Mario brand is bigger and is a faimly ride.

Oh, god, please not another Nintendo vs. F&F debate. It's been such a nice streak not revisiting that territory for a while.
Yeah, there really shouldn’t be comparisons made. They are two very different attractions marketed to very different demographics. This will do a whole lot to round out the park’s offerings, but there’s no need to bring Nintendo into this discussion.

That hypothetical POV is exciting to watch. With the (hopeful) drifting component, interaction with terrain and some light theming or a show scene at launch, this will be a top attraction for the company and a star at USH.

It would be neat though for it to have randomized background music sort of like Rip, Ride, Rockit. That way we can get back our Gasolina, Act a Fool, See You Again, etc...
Is Gasolina just the Morbius around here? I thought it was panned for how it sounded in the now defunct tour section, but now I can't tell if it's ironic liking or actually wanting it to come back. XD
Not sure you will see/need much theming if this is a spinner, you won't be able to see much when speeding along.
Some kind of preshow and post ride scenes would be welcome though.
Kind of reminds me how Jurassic World had a post ride scene planned with Owen and Claire, and even had the monitor in place, but it got removed before the ride even opened. Might be lost media at this point and I can't help but wonder what was meant to happen there.

Pretty good points.
SoulfulMadeupDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

I also hope you're right about this taking pressure off of SNW. I know it's got the brand appeal but in this ride's case, I also think a solid offering can make for a solid crowd sink as well. It'd be an absolute win.

Would also like to step in and while I do not mean to start a flame discussion...

Hollywood Drift if it is going to be as much of a high quality attraction as it is seeming to be, will easily be the star attraction of the park alongside Mario Kart and Studio Tour (with it helping break up the crowd flow for the lower lot hopefully in turn).

Do not underestimate the driving power that the F&F brand has in the LA area, especially with it finally ticking all the boxes that the franchise has been known for.

All this coaster needs is a vertical drop track like Hagrids and Verbolten. If any comparisons I wonder how this will rank up against Starfall Racers at Epic Universe.

Would also like to step in and while I do not mean to start a flame discussion...

Hollywood Drift if it is going to be as much of a high quality attraction as it is seeming to be, will easily be the star attraction of the park alongside Mario Kart and Studio Tour (with it helping break up the crowd flow for the lower lot hopefully in turn).

Do not underestimate the driving power that the F&F brand has in the LA area, especially with it finally ticking all the boxes that the franchise has been known for.
I 100% agree. Throw in the fact we have Jurassic World, FJ and Transformers (and the exclusive SLoP) I’d say USH could finally consider themselves a destination park.

The studio tour has made it a destination experience, but the park itself could be, in the near future, a nice little LA vacation destination.

The growth of this park has been promising for the last decade and this is just another addition to keep that flame of excitement in their investments going!

I 100% agree. Throw in the fact we have Jurassic World, FJ and Transformers (and the exclusive SLoP) I’d say USH could finally consider themselves a destination park.

The studio tour has made it a destination experience, but the park itself could be, in the near future, a nice little LA vacation destination.

The growth of this park has been promising for the last decade and this is just another addition to keep that flame of excitement in their investments going!

With Project515 (The Hotel) and Hollywood Drift, added in with JW; FJ2.0; and WaterWorld/Pets, USH becomes a full on destination park that can warrant multiple day trips due to SNW and Hogsmeade in the same park.

The next big thing that should be done is adding more entertainment for both CW and the park itself to get USH back to being the Entertainment Capital of LA, but that's like four steps away at this point.
__

What i am really curious with Hollywood Drift is how will they "theme" the noise barriers at this point. Hopefully they do a more elaborate version of SFNE's "Metroscape" facades for Superman: Ride of Steel around the Hillside.