Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just Curios to know more of the process, not demanding it out next year.

As I said above, next year is the Mario Cafe and Tram 60th but would be surprised if by HHN they weren't done with the track and testing it and what would be holding them back from previews before the end of the year.

I'm just Curios to know more of the process, not demanding it out next year.

As I said above, next year is the Mario Cafe and Tram 60th but would be surprised if by HHN they weren't done with the track and testing it and what would be holding them back from previews before the end of the year.

This isn’t just slapping a coaster on a flat piece of land. It’s got a very unique build situation with the hillside.

Spring 2025 is not a bad window here—especially as it’s kind of a horizontal X, of this being a controlled spinning coaster.

Have to imagine Universal wants to make sure they are air tight in how this coaster operates before they open it.

Yup. This isn't something that can be done quick--you are talking about a first of it's kind, multi-inversion controlled spinning coaster making it's West Coast debut as an Intamin variation.

And assuming if things go as they are--they'll have CalOSHA, they'll have to deal with making sure their noise bleed levels are at the level they are expected to be at, and to make sure the coaster can run as intended to begin with (especially as this is a first of it's kind Intamin model--meaning prototype issues are probably going to happen here).

I'm still horrified of what the foot traffic in that area is going to look like now. Especially if this opening like Memorial Day weekend 2025. It's going to be pure misery.

So yeah, they need to take all the time they need as this thing needs to be in tip top shape and ready to go when it opens. They really can't afford a backup (even if the queue is large).

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm still horrified of what the foot traffic in that area is going to look like now. Especially if this opening like Memorial Day weekend 2025. It's going to be pure misery.

So yeah, they need to take all the time they need as this thing needs to be in tip top shape and ready to go when it opens. They really can't afford a backup (even if the queue is large).

Depending on queue management, I don’t think it’ll be too bad: will have issues most likely—but this coaster is seemingly being made with capacity on what feels like a forefront.

Reactions: Pacific

Last night they had fences up forcing people to go one way

I think that is what we will see.

Last night they had fences up forcing people to go one way

I think that is what we will see.
Oh god. I hate this set up. No one listens and they go the wrong way. They really need to widen that area but with all the kitchen areas being there it’s impossible

Edit: or eventually add another route to the lower lot? lol.

Reactions: Pacific
Oh god. I hate this set up. No one listens and they go the wrong way. They really need to widen that area but with all the kitchen areas being there it’s impossible

Edit: or eventually add another route to the lower lot? lol.
It was really bad at one point I could not get into the Potter Area unless I walked ALL the way around from the hub down past French Street and then go through the court yard then around the Grinch area past Panda...then I was allowed into hogsmeade, but as I walked up to the land then they opened up Traffic to walk from Simpsons land into hogsmeade.....so just really bad timing on my part

I wonder how this will affect the Ride and F&F Super Charged

Well, the new coaster probably doesn’t feature any of the actors outside of maybe queue/pre show videos or potential audio on the coaster. It would be easy at this stage to make changes to the plans if they involved him. Supercharged, however… that would not be an easy fix to try to remove him from the attraction if that’s decided. I imagine the parks folks are keeping a close eye on this story and its developments.

Innocent until proven guilty?

Edit: been out the loop a lot. Their story isn’t too crazy. 2009 incident being able to be brought forward due to the speak out act. ( alleged victim was under an NDA)