Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even more now from them:

Another amazing find by Sal—not only you can see the insane amount of foundational work (LOOK AT THAT PIT) but you can see a complete ride layout for the coaster track too. Including the Half Pipe shields too!

EDITING because yeah, this warrants it; but this is the clearest look we have ever had with everything on this coaster in the terms of not only the foundational work for A.) The Supports, B.) The Half-Pipe Supports, and C.) Everything going down in the Pit; but additionally the sound wall's. Yes, Multiple sections of the hill are gonna be encased as if to block view of the lower angle portions of this coaster as trams go down to around the firehouse station.

There is so much in this one image, it's genuinely unreal.

Last edited:
Also--additionally thanks to @ethanuniversal for letting me check with him; but Double Sided Lockers, Restrooms, and retail has now been noted of where they will be too.

image.png

image.png

Also--additionally thanks to @ethanuniversal for letting me check with him; but Double Sided Lockers, Restrooms, and retail has now been noted of where they will be too.

image.png

image.png
Notice the metal detectors mentioned in the plans.

Gonna be interesting to see how the SoCal GP react to the “zero tolerance for ANY items on your body” policy that Universal has for their more intense coasters. I personally don’t care because I don’t like taking the chance anyway and I’m used to UO’s locker policy, but I think some guests are gonna be heated over the strict policy. Lol

Notice the metal detectors mentioned in the plans.

Gonna be interesting to see how the SoCal GP react to the “zero tolerance for ANY items on your body” policy that Universal has for their more intense coasters. I personally don’t care because I don’t like taking the chance anyway and I’m used to UO’s locker policy, but I think some guests are gonna be heated over the strict policy. Lol

I'm unironically excited for it, due to the stories that have been told over the years of TM's having to point guests back to their lockers. Think it'll be great to see it, especially for what will be their marquee coaster.

If they're similar in function to the Velocicoaster lockers, I think it'll be fine. The mandatory-but-not-perfectly-enforceable lockers at Six Flags Magic Mountain are much more irritating than what Universal offers. Frankly, Universal's lockers at places like Forbidden Journey, Hagrid's and Revenge of the Mummy are substantially more irritating than what you find at Velocicoaster.

Reactions: Nico
Is it bad that, aside from the coaster itself, the thing I'm most excited about is the return of bathrooms to that area? :eyes:

Unironically excited to see what they can do with this, especially with greatness that was the AA bathrooms.

EDIT: From RyanTheme Park, they were able to find the Station set-up too!

Last edited:
So I’m counting four gates on each lane. Does each gate go to each car or each individual row? I’m hoping its per car because if its per row….thats some rough throughput.
That's definitely per car. It looks like 16 riders per train. But with two trains in the station at any given time, that's pretty great capacity.

That's definitely per car. It looks like 16 riders per train. But with two trains in the station at any given time, that's pretty great capacity.

Yup--assuming we are looking at things as I imagine it'll be; we are looking at two trains at load/unload, one in the holding brake area before the station, and another on track.

That should be 4 Trains on the coaster, given the matter at hand. And potentially we could see two trains on the course at any given time if the MCBR allows that to happen.