Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, the screen tear. I always assumed it was a brand name or something, maybe the type of screen, because it was just called the Barco Screen and the effect was the barco tear. Never found out the why, was just told what it was called and what it was supposed to do. That is a terrible terrible answer to your question, I'm sorry!

Oh, let's see, the sign in question would have been to your left entering Scene 2 from Scene 1, on the wall next to the hallway that leads to the TD booth. I can't remember if it was a warning sign for the attraction, or a fake news article. You'd never see it as a park guest, it's too dark and loud and the TM's are hustling you inside. But when you're frozen in Scene 2, standing by the doors waiting for them to open, you do a lot of pacing around and a lot of looking at the same stuff over and over again. That is how I discovered... the mighty tornmado typo.

Thanks for this! A quick Google search says that Barco is a display company so that's very likely that they helped design the screen. I really wish I had known about that typo before it closed, but at least now I'll have another bit of trivia about the ride!

Back on topic though, I feel like Universal really is just cashing in on the IP. I suppose it doesn't even have to be an amazing ride, it just has to get people into the parks. It's like when a movie gets a big name actor on board just so that the company can fill seats at the theatres. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Garagely and Mike S
To the "I know something, but I'm not going to tell you" crowd, you're not helpful
I would imagine come 2017 Teebin will be telling us plenty of details about F&F, like he did with Kong. He's already mentioned a few things. I believe we will need to temper our expectations, and I think most of us have already.

I would imagine come 2017 Teebin will be telling us plenty of details about F&F, like he did with Kong. He's already mentioned a few things. I believe we will need to temper our expectations, and I think most of us have already.
The way I see it, this thing is almost sure to exceed my expectations with how low i've set the bar. Of course that still doesn't mean it will be good :lol:

2zpuw3l.jpg

They've already shot and have on hard drive the green screen plates with the actors. It is enormously more simple to re-render the backgrounds to look like San Fran using the exact same actor plates. Outside of maybe some ADR, changing the location won't be difficult. Time consuming as all CGI is, especially rendered at such high frame rate, but no need to reshoot the actors.

I guess my emoji didn't go in...that was meant more as a joke than a jab

Reactions: Mad Dog
It could be like one of those old Rice A Roni commercials with the Cable Car going down the SF hill. Rock could be singing, "Rice A Roni, the San Francisco treat", while he's shooting up the bad guys. ;)

Yep, like I said, I can see The Rock singing that tune. Heck, that would be worth going on the ride just for that. :lol:

That would take "Can you smell what The Rock is cooking!?" to a whole new level.

As a person who just re-watched all 7 of these movies this week (don't judge :p), what are the odds that we can a nice Corona stand or something in this area?

Reactions: Brian G.