Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh please, no way Disney finishes before 2019.
And if they get it done for 2019, it'll likely be the end of the year.

I see late 2019/Early 2020 open. Just look at Avatar for a prime example. From start of construction to the opening "season" they gave, it will have been 3.5 years (Jan 2014 - Summer 2017).

We're getting off-topic though.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I'm pretty perplexed as to why this isn't opening until 2018. It seems that the building structure is complete since they have started putting up the exterior façade. Also, since this is supposed to be similar to what is already in Hollywood why would they still need another year to get this up and running. Look at how fast they got Transformers constructed and running; I don't understand why they can't do the same with F&F unless they are seriously altering the attraction...

I'm pretty perplexed as to why this isn't opening until 2018. It seems that the building structure is complete since they have started putting up the exterior façade. Also, since this is supposed to be similar to what is already in Hollywood why would they still need another year to get this up and running. Look at how fast they got Transformers constructed and running; I don't understand why they can't do the same with F&F unless they are seriously altering the attraction...
Because they don't have anything else planned for 2018 I assume.

According to @Teebin (maybe, don't really remember.. could've been @testtrack321 even) there were some modifications done from the original design.. so the delay could be due to the 3rd party companies not having their respective parts ready in time.

Similar to how (supposedly) the Jimmy Fallon ride system has been done for a while before they needed to install it, except the opposite.

@Teebin were you the one that reported that they were changing up some things?

In the last 8 months of Kong, I found out that F&F was on hold. I mused at the time that they might be reconsidering the ride system. Since then, it has been others on here that rumored that the ride system has been changed. After Kong opened, my knowledge base vanished due to non-bad things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
In the last 8 months of Kong, I found out that F&F was on hold. I mused at the time that they might be reconsidering the ride system. Since then, it has been others on here that rumored that the ride system has been changed. After Kong opened, my knowledge base vanished due to non-bad things.
Kong ate your knowledge base? ;)

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I would expect the system to go back to tracked, the payoff is so little it seems.

Especially in Kong as you enter the gate, they should of just transitioned into a guidance track. A rider is never going to notice that.

Maybe I wouldn't of had to wait in line for two hours if they did =)