Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand why this is a virtual line ride. Fallon's queue worked well as a virtual queue. It sounds like F&F could easily be a regular queue. But, instead Universal is just taking out the rope lines. Am I missing something?

And how few times people will be able to stand listening to See you Again.

I just decided I hate the F&F franchise now as a whole. Why? For releasing Charlie Puth into our lives.

I don't understand why this is a virtual line ride. Fallon's queue worked well as a virtual queue. It sounds like F&F could easily be a regular queue. But, instead Universal is just taking out the rope lines. Am I missing something?

I agree. It's dumb.

Reactions: alias8703

They fell in love with a concept they thought would work better. That's kind of the lesson behind everything in regards to F&F

Reactions: GadgetGuru
It looks bad. I mean, they're hyping up the songs in the queue. Like, sheesh. And the repeating those wires on the party buses from Kong is soooo tacky.

Anyways, people have noticed there's zero mention of 3D on the press release which is verrrry interesting...

My original guess was that the ride would be around 4-5 min....now my thinking is that it will be 2-3 min (tunnel room, possible extreme close up ending) and maybe a 2-4 min stop before hand with Tej and others talking to you through Musion.

I say that because of the virtual queue. Think about it... some people were upset about the length of Kong, so now they give you no true line, a photo op experience, a pre-show and 2-3 min ride. Sounds a lot like Disaster.

Reactions: Yung1522
Good lord this looks like an even bigger embarrassment than I initially thought. They would have been better off NOT releasing that video and press release and just quietly opening the ride. Everything in the video looks horrendous and the press release hypes the most inane things. "YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE STATIC CARS IN A WAREHOUSE!!" No way! "YOU'LL BE IMMERSED IN THE "FAMILY!" Barf! "YOU'LL BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO (wait for it) MUSIC IN THE QUEUE!" Holy crap! Music? Talk about revolutionary.

Why did they bother releasing this information at all?

I think this is overkill. This isn't going to be great, but it's certainly going to be better than Fallon.

I've yet to ride Fallon but the impression I get is that it has been warmly received. The GP seem to like it and those who thought it would be dreadful were slightly surprised so I'd call that a win win.

This is more SCREENZ, a similar ride to Kong that open only last year (At least Spider-Man and Transformers opened 14 years apart), the CGI looks god awful and it's probably the worst thing they could have created based on the IP.

I don't think this is going to end well for Universal. Luckily, they have a solid line up coming soon that should hopefully distract everybody.

I've yet to ride Fallon but the impression I get is that it has been warmly received. The GP seem to like it and those who thought it would be dreadful were slightly surprised so I'd call that a win win.

Fallon is completely and utterly terrible. After my second ride I was embarrassed for Universal. F&F won't be great, but it'll be fine.

I don't think this is going to end well for Universal. Luckily, they have a solid line up coming soon that should hopefully distract everybody.

IDK what "won't end well" for Universal means. People aren't going to stop coming because of one bad decision ride-wise.

...an as of yet unannounced, unconfirmed lineup it should be said.

I noticed the shift in balance on my trip this year....I’m really disappointed by the direction Universal have taken recently and if I’m honest it’ll be a good number of years until I return. I don’t doubt some ‘corrections’ are on their way, but they seem 2 or 3 years away at this point. I absolutely love the great screenrides on property, but the Studios park is quite tedious in its current inception.

This is more SCREENZ, a similar ride to Kong that open only last year (At least Spider-Man and Transformers opened 14 years apart), the CGI looks god awful and it's probably the worst thing they could have created based on the IP.

Well duh, we all know that it's gonna be a screen ride since King Kong 3d opened. Since then, it has become a trend for Universal to use its own IPs for screen rides.

My only thought is whether the GP will push back even more than Kong since it's "another screen ride".
You better believe it. When I was a local AP that would come into the parks and just do a couple rides a day, I never realized just how obnoxious their reliance on screens was. But now that I travel halfway across the country to visit the parks and now have to hit everything the park has in one day, I definitely notice there are way too many screens. Before you even get to Mummy you have four 3D attractions. Once F&F opens, you'll pass Mummy and then have two more screen based attractions. You do MIB, and then its off to the "Must-Have-Been-Six Flag's cloned" Simpsons Ride (this looks awful now).

Taking casual fans that only go to Orlando once or twice a decade, its even more fun when they start asking if there are any attractions where "you don't watch a movie" and "does Disney only have 3D rides too". Ouch.

Couldn’t agree more Scott.
I, like most others, also enjoyed Fallon for what it was.

This guy gets it.

Reactions: UNIrd and Scott W.
Man I wish we could ban the term "screenz" for the rest of eternity but maybe that's just me. :shrug:

As for Fallon, I loved the virtual queue stuff (phone charging outlets? I'm instantly won over) but the ride was ok. Works as an experience despite the datedness of the overall concept.

Fallon is completely and utterly terrible. After my second ride I was embarrassed for Universal. F&F won't be great, but it'll be fine.

IDK what "won't end well" for Universal means. People aren't going to stop coming because of one bad decision ride-wise.

It's not just one bad decision though is it? You're saying you didn't like Fallon which is falling into the same category as this, along with Kong. I know Kong and Fallon have mixed reviews with members here, some love them, some hate them but it's all pretty much the same.

The next big thing coming will be more Potter. It feels like we're living in a decade of dejavu.

I noticed the shift in balance on my trip this year....I’m really disappointed by the direction Universal have taken recently and if I’m honest it’ll be a good number of years until I return. I don’t doubt some ‘corrections’ are on their way, but they seem 2 or 3 years away at this point. I absolutely love the great screenrides on property, but the Studios park is quite tedious in its current inception.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing in that 'Has Universal Lost It's Way' thread that got deleted a while back. What's frustrating is that Universal have done some really great things with Potter but everything else just feels so generic.

Well duh, we all know that it's gonna be a screen ride since King Kong 3d opened. Since then, it has become a trend for Universal to use its own IPs for screen rides.

Universal has been screen heavy with Potter as well.

As long as the improved the ride film this ride will be much better than Hollywood which based on what is said in the press release it will be a complete different film.