Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
why do you say that?

One of the major things talked about persistently, and for good reason, is that after Fast and Furious - Supercharged, Universal Creative (not just the Orlando division), wants to stray away from screen oriented attractions, in exchange for practical attractions, with minimal to almost no use of screens.

It's been one of the biggest aspects of Secret Life of Pets, the Dueling Dragons/Dragons Challenge replacement, Super Nintendo World, and a lot of other projects, and for good reason.

One of the major things talked about persistently, and for good reason, is that after Fast and Furious - Supercharged, Universal Creative (not just the Orlando division), wants to stray away from screen oriented attractions, in exchange for practical attractions, with minimal to almost no use of screens.
sorry, I'm quite new to the forum, but that news makes me a very, VERY happy guy

Another example of the crickets emanating from F&F....OI is presently running a Facebook poll, unscientific of course, that's asking what 2017 Universal concept you're most looking forward to, F&F or Voodoo Donuts. Voodoo Doughnuts, as of 11:45 AM is winning 67% to 33%. When have we ever seen a new small counter service food shop beat out a brand new E ticket attraction for anticipation. Speaks volumes. :):lol: ...Edit: on 3/1/18;.Final result of the poll had Voodoo Donuts winning at that 67% to 33% number.....

Last edited:
It will be alright for what it is, wont rock anyone's world but will be a fun filler attraction non the less. And it signals the end of screens :)
WHile true, I never chime in on the screen debate much because screens doesn't bother me themselves (3D does but not the actual screen). I'm mostly excited because , it's a new attraction. No matter how much hate i read, I myself as a theme park fan will always get excited about something new especially at the time of opening. It just signals money being put back into the very thing I love and I win as a fan and as a guest.

Another example of the crickets emanating from F&F....OI is presently running a Facebook poll, unscientific of course, that's asking what 2017 Universal concept you're most looking forward to, F&F or Voodoo Donuts. Voodoo Doughnuts, as of 11:45 AM is winning 67% to 33%. When have we ever seen a new small counter service food shop beat out a brand new E ticket attraction for anticipation. Speaks volumes. :):lol:

Is F&F being classed as an E ticket?

Is F&F being classed as an E ticket?
We just had that debate a few pages back. D or E, no big deal. I would guess Universal would classify it as an E ticket though, it's essentially Kong but probably not nearly as good. F&F is probably considered a headliner attraction by Universal. Fallon's probably considered a D at best. Fallon was a filler for an extremely small space. I would guess that F&F budget is many times greater than Fallon, and probably close to Kong, though a much less expensive facade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
We just had that debate a few pages back. D or E, no big deal. I would guess Universal would classify it as an E ticket though, it's essentially Kong but probably not nearly as good. F&F is probably considered a headliner attraction by Universal. Fallon's probably considered a D at best. Fallon was a filler for an extremely small space. I would guess that F&F budget is many times greater than Fallon, and probably close to Kong, though a much less expensive facade.
E-ticket is much like the term "family" now...Simply buzz for a big budget ride

I would argue it’s neither an E or D Ticket attraction because Universal never implemented Disney’s ticketing system.
The industry still uses the terminology though. Whether you work at WDI or UC, it's common terminology simply because it's an easy way to distinguish what you're talking about.

And no, E-tickets never meant simply "Big budget rides". An E-ticket has always been determined by scale, scope and innovation (as well as if it's considered a "headliner"). I'd argue at best this is a going to be a D.

The industry still uses the terminology though. Whether you work at WDI or UC, it's common terminology simply because it's an easy way to distinguish what you're talking about.

And no, E-tickets never meant simply "Big budget rides". An E-ticket has always been determined by scale, scope and innovation (as well as if it's considered a "headliner"). I'd argue at best this is a going to be a D.

Good point.

Perhaps it’s time to shift the paradigm since theme parks are developing more immersive experiences. Fast and Furious falls under the “less than” category since it’s not as involved as WWoHP, Pandora, SW:GE, or Nintendo.

It really doesn't matter what we classify a ride as, our opinions are meaningless. The real arbiter is what the theme park itself considers it to be at the time of it's opening.If Universal determines it to be an E ticket headliner, then it's an E ticket. If Universal determines it's a D ticket, than it's a D ticket. Only Universal knows what the true budget and their expectations for the attraction are. ..............And under the old Disney ticket system, attraction ratings changed as rides aged. As an example, The Tiki Room was originally classified by Disney as an E ticket. In later years it was downgraded to a D , and then a C ticket as it's popularity waned.

Reactions: Skold
It really doesn't matter what we classify a ride as, our opinions are meaningless. The real arbiter is what the theme park itself considers it to be at the time of it's opening.If Universal determines it to be an E ticket headliner, then it's an E ticket. If Universal determines it's a D ticket, than it's a D ticket. Only Universal knows what the true budget and their expectations for the attraction are. ..............And under the old Disney ticket system, attraction ratings changed as rides aged. As an example, The Tiki Room was originally classified by Disney as an E ticket. In later years it was downgraded to a D , and then a C ticket as it's popularity waned.
Who has said Universal considers this an E though?