Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 371 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...Seriously? Alright then...

my daughter has been visiting UoR since she was six. For me, ET was something still there that I went on when the park first opened.

ET was a ride we could take our daughter on to expose her to a movie from our past.

I would think a survey would look at feedback from families for a ride like ET and I imagine it scores well.

E.T. is way better than F&F! They’re not even in the same league, not even close.

Even accounting for its age most people still love it. Even younger kids who’ve never seen the movie will often say it’s their favorite ride. It very much has a positive impact on the overwhelming majority of guests who ride it. F&F on the other hand seems to have an overall negative impact on most guests visit to the parks. They’re often disappointed and angry they wasted their time on the attraction.

Last edited:
Lord help me if he ever finds this post...

BUT, I have a friend who is a walking stereotype of what you'd expect most of the rides at Universal to cater to. He is not a die-hard theme park fan like us, but his favorite forms of entertainment tend to be what I consider pretty crap movies. Rampage, Transformers, Godzilla, King Kong (I love King Kong, but the rest are poo-poo) are some of his favorites. Basically anything that has a big animal or robot breaking stuff.

That said, we are going to Universal for HHN in October and he insists on buying a day pass to USF just so he can do E.T. He has gone 2 of the last 3 years, so he is familiar with the parks. I tried to remind him that literally every other ride he is interested in will be open during HHN and a day pass is probably a waste of money. Nope. Perfectly content with dropping $100+ just so he can do E.T. again. (As much as I wish I could justify the price for one ride, I'll be at the pool that afternoon instead.)

So say what you will about E.T., my friend is part of the cliched demographic for Transformers and F&F, but see's it as missing out if he doesn't get to ride E.T. Adventure again.

Okay well personally E.T. is horrible fake and outdated, but nevertheless you can remove any mention of E.T. in my post and my argument remains.
I do agree with the other part of your argument. I think F&F is one of those very rare attractions where they would be better off closing it until they can figure out what else they could do with the space. It’s not going to happen and we’ll have to live with this for at least a few years unfortunately.

With all the respect in the world, I'm not sure I understand your argument....Are you saying that because ET is outdated a bit it can be compared to the campiness/awfulness of F&F?
The main jist is that I both thoroughly enjoy F&F and think it needs to go soon. I don't think those are mutually exclusive.

Using the same idea: While I despise the "ride," I think DMMM should stay at USF.

As for your "in a couple years you'll get tired of this attraction" argument, I laugh at E.T. to this day, and it is the main factor of why I enjoy it so much. However, I do think E.T. needs to go. As does F&F.

You read that right, F&F should be torn down and given another try, and so should E.T., but I thoroughly enjoy these attractions. This is because while I personally enjoy these attractions, I recognize that their existence only hurts the park's GSATs and general guest attitude.

I'm not sure if my other F&F enjoyees agree with me on this idea, but I believe that my enjoyment of an attraction and the effect that it has on the rest of the park's guests are not connected.

Im not the biggest fan of ET but i would DREAD to have it replaced with a Screenz ride.... I would hate to see a 3D spongebob ride or something like that.... i only love the first half of the ET ride but the fact that it is not a screen ride makes it charming for a lot of people. Im sure something better could have been put there before but not now. seeing how Uni just wants screens for everything i would fear that an ET replacement would just be a simulator

BUT, I have a friend who is a walking stereotype of what you'd expect most of the rides at Universal to cater to. He is not a die-hard theme park fan like us, but his favorite forms of entertainment tend to be what I consider pretty crap movies. Rampage, Transformers, Godzilla, King Kong (I love King Kong, but the rest are poo-poo) are some of his favorites. Basically anything that has a big animal or robot breaking stuff.

That said, we are going to Universal for HHN in October and he insists on buying a day pass to USF just so he can do E.T. He has gone 2 of the last 3 years, so he is familiar with the parks. I tried to remind him that literally every other ride he is interested in will be open during HHN and a day pass is probably a waste of money. Nope. Perfectly content with dropping $100+ just so he can do E.T. again. (As much as I wish I could justify the price for one ride, I'll be at the pool that afternoon instead.)

So say what you will about E.T., my friend is part of the cliched demographic for Transformers and F&F, but see's it as missing out if he doesn't get to ride E.T. Adventure again.

my aunt and my grandma love ET . they cant ride any of the other rides except the really tame ones and any time they go to the park they go to that one right away. I think the practical sets and the way the ride is set up with the bikes you ride adds to the magic of ET. even the queue is amazing to see. when you are in the dark in that forest around the queue it really takes you back. That and the music kinda makes people be transported to somewhere else in their mind. ET has the advantage of being enjoyed by the whole family and it is soft enough for babies or older people but since you are flying in the air it feels more adventurous. it kind of has the best of both worlds.

You should get a day ticket so you can do the "Stay and Scream" it's totally worth it we were able to do 4 houses before most people were in the parks for HHN... it was CLUTCH I HIGHLY recommend it and wouldn't do HHN any other way ... Plus you can ride ET!

As for your "in a couple years you'll get tired of this attraction" argument, I laugh at E.T. to this day, and it is the main factor of why I enjoy it so much. However, I do think E.T. needs to go. As does F&F.

You read that right, F&F should be torn down and given another try, and so should E.T., but I thoroughly enjoy these attractions. This is because while I personally enjoy these attractions, I recognize that their existence only hurts the park's GSATs and general guest attitude.

I'm not sure if my other F&F enjoyees agree with me on this idea, but I believe that my enjoyment of an attraction and the effect that it has on the rest of the park's guests are not connected.
ET does not hurt GSATs. It's GSAT is actually pretty high.

Im not the biggest fan of ET but i would DREAD to have it replaced with a Screenz ride.... I would hate to see a 3D spongebob ride or something like that.... i only love the first half of the ET ride but the fact that it is not a screen ride makes it charming for a lot of people. Im sure something better could have been put there before but not now. seeing how Uni just wants screens for everything i would fear that an ET replacement would just be a simulator

my aunt and my grandma love ET . they cant ride any of the other rides except the really tame ones and any time they go to the park they go to that one right away. I think the practical sets and the way the ride is set up with the bikes you ride adds to the magic of ET. even the queue is amazing to see. when you are in the dark in that forest around the queue it really takes you back. That and the music kinda makes people be transported to somewhere else in their mind. ET has the advantage of being enjoyed by the whole family and it is soft enough for babies or older people but since you are flying in the air it feels more adventurous. it kind of has the best of both worlds.
I completely agree with this post, but E.T.’s removal was not the point of that post.

I was not aware of E.T.’s high GSAT’s, so I’ll remove all mention of E.T. from that post, the main point of the post remains.

As for your "in a couple years you'll get tired of this attraction" argument, I laugh at E.T. to this day, and it is the main factor of why I enjoy it so much.

I would like to say, however, that F&F needs to change, or go.

You read that right, F&F should be torn down and given another try, while I thoroughly enjoy the attraction. This is because while I personally enjoy F&F, I recognize that its existence only hurts the park's GSATs and general guest attitude.

I'm not sure if my other F&F enjoyees agree with me on this idea, but I believe that my opinion of an attraction and the GP’s need not correlate, and that I can recognize the damage an attraction is doing to the park while still enjoying it.

Last edited:
I completely agree with this post, but E.T.’s removal was not the point of that post.

I was not aware of E.T.’s high GSAT’s, so I’ll remove all mention of E.T. from that post, the main point of the post remains.
There isn't anything wrong with enjoying F&F for what it is, while dwelling on what it could be...I do this with Kong often...I enjoy what we got, but I dwell on what could have been

There isn't anything wrong with enjoying F&F for what it is, while dwelling on what it could be...I do this with Kong often...I enjoy what we got, but I dwell on what could have been
That’s not really my point, but I agree.

My original post was in response to @TheCode’s post which responded to my reasoning for personally enjoying the attraction with reasons that other guests don’t enjoy it.
Dont forget this is not like going to the Mall and playing a dumb game for a quarter.... you only have so much time at the park at any given day and sometimes time could be the difference between doing this, the Simpsons or Transformers or Fallon, if you only have certain amount of time you wont waste it on a bad ride .

the cheesiness and humor of the ride is totally fine if you are a local and have a year pass, you can just go and be amused by this silly ride.
A family that is coming from across the country and only have TWO Days to experience the park will not find the ride quirky or cheesy or silly to laugh at, if people missed their chance to do Simpsons or Transformers to do this, you Bet they might get pissed...
Not everyone has the chance to go to the parks often. SPECIALLY if you are coming from over seas. anyone coming from another country and seeing the reviews for this ride on google would be insane to Not skip it.....

as a Local i can totally see how this bad ride with its cheesy everything can be amusing for a florida person, but if i was taking my family across the country for our one yearly vacation and this is what i get, you bet i would be furious with universal. Specially with the way it is being advertised.
You can easily avoid something like Fear Factor or the Horror make up show because you know they are shows. you kinda know what is going to be inside. With this ride you are expecting something amazing.

At least Kong has the giant gorilla at the end and the effects look a lot better. at least Kong doesnt have a cringe amount of pre shows. the witch lady animatronic is awesome to see in on itself.
I was trying to make it clear that I find no correlation between other guests’ enjoyment of the attraction and mine, but it seems I made a couple confusing posts and made my idea muddled. Sorry, I tend to do that. :doh:

BTW @TheCode, while we seem to have differing opinions on multiple topics, I enjoy the civil discussions we have over them, thanks! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Lucky Planet

My original post was in response to @TheCode’s post which responded to my reasoning for personally enjoying the attraction with reasons that other guests don’t enjoy it.
I was trying to make it clear that I find no correlation between other guests’ enjoyment of the attraction and mine, but it seems I made a couple confusing posts and made my idea muddled. Sorry, I tend to do that. :doh:

BTW @TheCode, while we seem to have differing opinions on multiple topics, I enjoy the civil discussions we have over them, thanks! :thumbsup:
Choose your argument, and don't colour it to make parts more agreeable...F&F sucks, you enjoy it for its cheesiness, nothing wrong with that

Reactions: Lucky Planet

yeah, I just like chatting, different opinions can be fun.

giphy.gif

Choose your argument, and don't colour it to make parts more agreeable...F&F sucks, you enjoy it for its cheesiness, nothing wrong with that

...but it's only "entertaining" guests in an unintended way. Ya know, the "it's so bad I can't look away" kind of bad.

I just disagree on that, entertainment succeeds if it entertains, no matter how.

yeah, I just like chatting, different opinions can be fun.

giphy.gif
:cheers:

Reactions: Mad Dog