Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 436 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they wanted it to be one? The supports couldn't handle the speed the cars were traveling at and it was also a fairly lame ride so it closed pretty quickly and was basically replaced by Buzz (as the queue for Rocket rods used the space where Buzz is now).
Over the objections of the engineers, Disney decided to reduce the budget by not banking turns causing the ride to constantly speed up and slow down. This cased rapid engine failure and the whole ride was constantly breaking down. My understanding is the structural issue came about not because of the ride but because Disney basically abandoned the track structure afterwards and it's decayed.

Reactions: Clive and RevFreako
Not to beat an old drum...but the part from 1:15 to 1:43 makes me dream about what a F&F coaster could have been

Also, this ride is very fun..they managed to include a Twister-eque scene as well as a giant gorilla that looks strikingly similar to King Kong

I'm always amazed what smaller parks can do with a limited budget. Imagine this ride with a Comcast budget thrown at it.

I'm always amazed what smaller parks can do with a limited budget. Imagine this ride with a Comcast budget thrown at it.
This seems like a good fit in intensity between Mummy and Gringotts...and it would physically be between Mummy and Gringotts as well

I agree, some parks do a lot with little. Ironically some of Universal biggest hits came out of time of tighter budgets

Not to beat an old drum...but the part from 1:15 to 1:43 makes me dream about what a F&F coaster could have been

Also, this ride is very fun..they managed to include a Twister-eque scene as well as a giant gorilla that looks strikingly similar to King Kong

Perfect for F&F. No need for inversions, just speed and tight turns with small show scenes.

That coaster seems like the perfect fit there.

But, if they had done that, are we now complaining about three indoor coasters in a row?
Guessing you're joking, but has this been an actual complaint you've heard?

With Fallon, Minions, Shrek, MiB, ET, Simpsons, and Gringotts it couldn't be a family ride complaint. Can't imagine a medium to high intensity coaster could possibly amass complaints. I haven't heard "too many indoor rides" before either.

The plot is pretty big though, so I'm guessing people could complain that their fantasy attraction wasn't built instead. Not going to lie, when I saw the Test Track plot overlay my blood boiled.

Which is part of the calculus for this stuff. As nifty as it is, it’s basically RotM.
It looks like a step down intensity-wise from RotM

That coaster seems like the perfect fit there.

But, if they had done that, are we now complaining about three indoor coasters in a row?
I'm certainly not, but I also don't consider Gringotts a "coaster"

Reactions: tielo and HalfGlass
Does it seem like Universal is trying to avoid talking about F&F Supercharged on their social media platforms? Usually they’ll tweet jokes about rides or quote different rides but they never seem to be about F&F. Even with the all the Vin Diesel family memes they avoided F&F and went with E.T. instead. I’m probably looking way too into this but I found it kind of funny

Does it seem like Universal is trying to avoid talking about F&F Supercharged on their social media platforms? Usually they’ll tweet jokes about rides or quote different rides but they never seem to be about F&F. Even with the all the Vin Diesel family memes they avoided F&F and went with E.T. instead. I’m probably looking way too into this but I found it kind of funny

They pretty obviously know the audience that actually reads their Twitter posts.

Self deprecating jokes are always in.

Reactions: SeventyOne