Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 443 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am a huge fan of the franchise since Dom was a convenience store owner, but this ride needs to be re-themed or leveled.

Twisters box office was top five last I looked ... the party buses could easily be converted to tourist ones like in the movie.
I know Thierry Coup left in March last year, but he did say this was Unis biggest mistake ever. When(not if) the replace this soon, No way they keep the ride system. The building is huge, gut it and move on to something better.

In the intern before they can get to fully replacing Supercharged, it is possible that perhaps a temporary overlay is fast tracked until bigger ticket items like Pokemon come online that will afford Universal the opportunity to shutter the ride for good?

Reactions: SpatulaShack
In the intern before they can get to fully replacing Supercharged, it is possible that perhaps a temporary overlay is fast tracked until bigger ticket items like Pokemon come online that will afford Universal the opportunity to shutter the ride for good?
I feel that is unlikely. Creating 360 degree media for that tunnel is more costly and resource intensive than many people realize, and while the ride film certainly isn't good, the main issue with the attraction is the ride system itself. No overlay can really fix that.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nico
Am a huge fan of the franchise since Dom was a convenience store owner, but this ride needs to be re-themed or leveled.

Twisters box office was top five last I looked ... the party buses could easily be converted to tourist ones like in the movie.
Twisters did big business at the domestic box office in particular and I think USF should look into adding it back to the resort somehow given the success of the film and how easily it translates to a theme park ride (Twisters in 4DX was like a 2-hour ride). That said, San Francisco isn't the ideal location for an Oklahoma-based franchise. I guess they could retheme the area to become more like a rural main street but it might clash with the city aesthetic between New York and London.

Reactions: belloq87