Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 444 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The troubling issue to me is not so much what could replace it, but why it hasn't been replaced yet. And I can't even recall any real rumors of what Universal might do. Why this hole in the middle of the park still exists is very perplexing. It's like they are pretending it doesn't exist. Seriously, I don't think Universal even has a plan to replace and/or fix it. Laughable even. It's probably just going to sit there, underutilized, for the rest of the decade. :(

Why this hole in the middle of the park still exists is very perplexing. It's like they are pretending it doesn't exist.
Kinda like SS44 for several years until Transformers moved in. To a lesser degree, Kidzone on life-support until DreamWorks.

Or currently.. Toon Amphitheater, Sinbad & Poseidon... again, the struggling to survive WWWW theatre..

Trike Encounter before VelociCoaster moved in.

It's just what Universal does.

The troubling issue to me is not so much what could replace it, but why it hasn't been replaced yet. And I can't even recall any real rumors of what Universal might do. Why this hole in the middle of the park still exists is very perplexing. It's like they are pretending it doesn't exist. Seriously, I don't think Universal even has a plan to replace and/or fix it. Laughable even. It's probably just going to sit there, underutilized, for the rest of the decade. :(
After the leak crack down, I don’t foresee us having too much insight into rumors right now. I also dont think a lack of rumor should be taken as “they have no plan.” I get that we all want this thing gone, but I do have to call for some patience.

After the leak crack down, I don’t foresee us having too much insight into rumors right now. I also dont think a lack of rumor should be taken as “they have no plan.” I get that we all want this thing gone, but I do have to call for some patience.

Especially as, you know, the ride is still not even 10 years old and they're in the midst of Epic... Like C'mon now...

I don't think anyone is against a Twisters ride. We're just trying to read the tea leaves, especially when replacing that size of an area... in San Fransisco, no less.

Especially as, you know, the ride is still not even 10 years old and they're in the midst of Epic... Like C'mon now...

I don't think anyone is against a Twisters ride. We're just trying to read the tea leaves, especially when replacing that size of an area... in San Fransisco, no less.

Is there a natural disaster movie that features fog to fit San Fran?

Is there a natural disaster movie that features fog to fit San Fran?

Godzilla Kong GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Leak crackdown? Universal has done that often in the past. I hadn't heard that was going on again. Seemed like a lot of the leaks were intentional in the past year or so. What's the buzz on the crackdown?

Reactions: Nico and belloq87
Leak crackdown? Universal has done that often in the past. I hadn't heard that was going on again. Seemed like a lot of the leaks were intentional in the past year or so. What's the buzz on the crackdown?
Might just be my professional (therapist) pattern recognition - Tomfoolery stopped posting at the end of May. Around the same time, some other folks (I won’t share their stories) made a point to stop using the word “rumor” in their reporting.

As you said Mad Dog, this happens in waves over the years. Doesn’t mean we’ll never get rumors again, but my main point is no rumor does not mean no plan currently. I think we’re in a wait and see period unfortunately. Let’s see what shakes out as Epic opens.

Edit: Sorry for taking us off topic. I’m all for Godzilla replacing this thing. Or better, new ride system.

Let's see: Bus? check. San Fran? check. Fog? check. Giant Monster that is evergreen and is part of a successful movie franchise in the modern era? check. Don't even have to change much (Monarch Base or just basic military theming vs the garage). Swap out the party scene for a MUTO one and you're golden (pun intended).

Might just be my professional (therapist) pattern recognition - Tomfoolery stopped posting at the end of May. Around the same time, some other folks (I won’t share their stories) made a point to stop using the word “rumor” in their reporting.

As you said Mad Dog, this happens in waves over the years. Doesn’t mean we’ll never get rumors again, but my main point is no rumor does not mean no plan currently. I think we’re in a wait and see period unfortunately. Let’s see what shakes out as Epic opens.

Edit: Sorry for taking us off topic. I’m all for Godzilla replacing this thing. Or better, new ride system.
I recall when I speculated, a couple of times, whether Tomfoolery was a high level employee, possibly purposely releasing info (that always' ended up correct to a T), that Tomfoolery ended up posting 'likes' to my comments. That was also when we were getting posts from fairly new posters about the existence and effect of efficiency committees, possible executive infighting etc. That stuff exists in almost all big corporations so it's probably at both Universal and WDW. So, yes, that stuff has recently disappeared. I was thinking about that the other day, but I'm not completely convinced that these leaks weren't intentional, and put out there like the previous 'lagoon show' info, where they didn't want the stuff released 'officially', but wanted the word out to refute other rumors (Great Britain vs. Aventura). And those Tomfoolery comments were numerous and went on for a long time after the initial UK corrections.. And, Alicia always has a trove of info like Teebin used to, ......I always recall that Disney used to have planted posters on social media and actually admitted to it after a period of time. .....The leak crackdowns, if that's what they are, work for a short term.....but sooner or later, the info will flow again :D :nervous:.....and yes, on topic, love the Godzilla idea too. It's a great idea, cause like the Knight Bus idea, it should be able to be done in a budget conscious way. Reign of Kong was good when everything worked. The present ride system could work with a better done presentation and film that fits the IP better than F&F. .

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I recall when I speculated, a couple of times, whether Tomfoolery was a high level employee, possibly purposely releasing info (that always' ended up correct to a T), that Tomfoolery ended up posting 'likes' to my comments. That was also when we were getting posts from fairly new posters about the existence and effect of efficiency committees, possible executive infighting etc. That stuff exists in almost all big corporations so it's probably at both Universal and WDW. So, yes, that stuff has recently disappeared. I was thinking about that the other day, but I'm not completely convinced that these leaks weren't intentional, and put out there like the previous 'lagoon show' info, where they didn't want the stuff released 'officially', but wanted the word out to refute other rumors (Great Britain vs. Aventura). And those Tomfoolery comments were numerous and went on for a long time after the initial UK corrections.. And, Alicia always has a trove of info like Teebin used to, ......I always recall that Disney used to have planted posters on social media and actually admitted to it after a period of time. .....The leak crackdowns, if that's what they are, work for a short term.....but sooner or later, the info will flow again :D :nervous:.....and yes, on topic, love the Godzilla idea too. It's a great idea, cause like the Knight Bus idea, it should be able to be done in a budget conscious way. Reign of Kong was good when everything worked. The present ride system could work with a better done presentation and film that fits the IP better than F&F. .

Yeah, no… lol. But please keep it on FF and the like. Thanks.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe