Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So you'll board the Orlando tram-like vehicle and immediately stop in front of screens to watch a Musion rave?

I'm skeptical of that. If the plan is to copy everything in the warehouse and transplant it to the "ride" in Orlando...that's gonna be ugly.

I think people aren't thinking outside of the box enough. Just because the attraction is a clone does not mean it'll include a tram or tram like vehicles. I mentioned it in an earlier post, and I'm going to mention it again... Look up The Lost Temple ride at Movie Park in Europe. It's a complete 360 simulator ride in vain Kong 360 and F&F Supercharged, but is a stand alone attraction. You can watch behind the scenes clips of the ride system to get an idea of how Supercharged could be cloned without the use of "trams."

Now this doesn't mean a similar ride system is exactly what Universal will use... I'm sure we could see a far more advanced ride system then that. I just wanted wanted to bring it up to highlight the point that a clone is possible without the train like trams of Hollywoods version.

OK guys, let me 'splain a thing to you. Since the beginning of USF, Orlando has always gotten a plussed up version of what was on he tram tour. That will be the same here, apropo considering Earthquake was a plussed up version of what was on the tram tour. But what we are getting is much closer to what is in Hollywood, because in Hollywood, this attraction is far more ambitious than what they usually get. It is more than one soundstage and done. What they did there is closer to Orlando, with the multiple preshow rooms. So bringing it here requires less changes. But there will be changes. Different ride vehicle. Different animation. But mostly, what you see is what you get.

Last edited:
OK guys, let me 'splian a thing to you. Since the beginning of USF, Orlando has always gotten a plussed up version of what was on he tram tour. That will be the same here, apropo considering Earthquake was a plussed up version of what was on the tram tour. But what we are getting is much closer to what is in Hollywood, because in Hollywood, this attraction is far more ambitious than what they usually get. It is more than one soundstage and done. What they did there is closer to Orlando, with the multiple preshow rooms. So bringing it here requires less changes. But there will be changes. Different ride vehicle. Different animation. But mostly, what you see is what you get.
Disappointing. I don't see different RVs or animation making up for such a terrible script or cringe-worthy scenes such as the party scene.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I think people aren't thinking outside of the box enough. Just because the attraction is a clone does not mean it'll include a tram or tram like vehicles. I mentioned it in an earlier post, and I'm going to mention it again... Look up The Lost Temple ride at Movie Park in Europe. It's a complete 360 simulator ride in vain Kong 360 and F&F Supercharged, but is a stand alone attraction. You can watch behind the scenes clips of the ride system to get an idea of how Supercharged could be cloned without the use of "trams."

Now this doesn't mean a similar ride system is exactly what Universal will use... I'm sure we could see a far more advanced ride system then that. I just wanted wanted to bring it up to highlight the point that a clone is possible without the train like trams of Hollywoods version.

Regardless of the vehicles, the pacing is going to be awful if you board and immediately stop and watch a two minute long Musion scene.

The USH tram is a little different since the beginning of the "ride" is ambiguous. But I'm guessing most guests in Orlando who board a vehicle for a "fast" and "furious" ride would expect something fast and/or furious to happen when they get into the ride vehicle, not move fifty feet and stop in front of a projection screen for two minutes.

I think the general public has liked the USH Supercharged more than theme park fans have, but make it a stand-alone attraction, and the general public may have a lower opinion of this version. There are different expectations for a stand-alone attraction.

Reactions: Ryan
OK guys, let me 'splain a thing to you. Since the beginning of USF, Orlando has always gotten a plussed up version of what was on he tram tour. That will be the same here, apropo considering Earthquake was a plussed up version of what was on the tram tour. But what we are getting is much closer to what is in Hollywood, because in Hollywood, this attraction is far more ambitious than what they usually get. It is more than one soundstage and done. What they did there is closer to Orlando, with the multiple preshow rooms. So bringing it here requires less changes. But there will be changes. Different ride vehicle. Different animation. But mostly, what you see is what you get.

Orlando's Earthquake was greatly expanded with the added special effects rooms prior to the ride. If the attraction had only included the 90(?) second show scene, it would've been like the tram ride.

If Gringotts has a problem, it's poor pacing.

Cloning Supercharged and making it an independent ride would probably result in another poorly paced ride (in addition to other deficiencies).

Let me fill some people in one thing; the line video will have to get altered. Without spoiling anything of the Hollywood; its customly designed for the Studio tour in these videos. That can't be ignored especially due to it'd break you out of being in the movie.

Ok. I have said what I am going to say and now I am all done. You people have fun questioning and ranting about it. ;)

I think what we're all going through right now is the first stage of grief: denial. We don't want to believe what you've heard and told us about the ride, I mean a copy of a underwhelming ride from a tram tour? USF deserves better than that, right? Right?! :(:(:(

I think the general public will LOVE it. Universal fans will be cringing, and Disney fans will be laughing. The "Screenz!" debate will be, dare I say, "Supercharged!".

This is going to open just prior to Avatarland. 2017s head to head. I'm calling it now. 2017, Avatar is amazeBALLS! F&F? Yea, look over there, is that a Volcano?

I believe what teebin is saying and he's been pretty clear... Basically, a really cool queue and exit showcase with a bunch of cars. The ride will be a clone of Hollywood with some tweaks, curves, a new ride vehicle (I think its safe to stop talking about trams or reusing disasters ride tech, this is no overlay, but teardown and rebuild), the entrance is where bj is now, and the ride track will be circular returning you to the load/unload portion.

Again, really disappointed in Uni here. And I hope they're reading the reactions here. Had we not had a heads up now the reaction to the ride, losing two attractions to house a subpar simulator clone, would be disastrous. At least this softens the blow.

Reactions: Blue
I think the general public will LOVE it. Universal fans will be cringing, and Disney fans will be laughing. The "Screenz!" debate will be, dare I say, "Supercharged!".

This is going to open just prior to Avatarland. 2017s head to head. I'm calling it now. 2017, Avatar is amazeBALLS! F&F? Yea, look over there, is that a Volcano?

I think the more accurate descriprion is this:

Avatar - Holy crap, the design and beauty is so freaken stellar!?!? But the rides aren't exactly special.

Fast and Furious - Meh, the ride was fine and its filler. But the façade is kickass i'll give you that.

I believe what teebin is saying and he's been pretty clear... Basically, a really cool queue and exit showcase with a bunch of cars. The ride will be a clone of Hollywood with some tweaks, curves, a new ride vehicle (I think its safe to stop talking about trams or reusing disasters ride tech, this is no overlay, but teardown and rebuild), the entrance is where bj is now, and the ride track will be circular returning you to the load/unload portion.

Again, really disappointed in Uni here. And I hope they're reading the reactions here. Had we not had a heads up now the reaction to the ride, losing two attractions to house a subpar simulator clone, would be disastrous. At least this softens the blow.

As much as i'd love it, the fans are at mostly a minority, except certain situations; we are a minority. Disney fans, as big as they are, they aren't controlling every--

oh, wait. theres that few shareholders..

I think the more accurate descriprion is this:

Avatar - Holy crap, the design and beauty is so freaken stellar!?!? But the rides aren't exactly special.

Fast and Furious - Meh, the ride was fine and its filler. But the façade is kickass i'll give you that.

As much as i'd love it, the fans are at mostly a minority, except certain situations; we are a minority. Disney fans, as big as they are, they aren't controlling every--

oh, wait. theres that few shareholders..
Wasn't it getting horrible reviews in Hollywood, though?

Yeah, its going to look like a turd compared to Avatar.

Not exactly; one of the Inside Universal reporters do enjoy it and i'd want to give a review for this on here with spoiling but since its as much of a clone..I'll say I appreciated the attempt. It wasn't great but it was better than the Extreme Close-up crap that Hollywood once had.

Yeah, its going to look like a turd compared to Avatar.

I think the problem with the ride coming over from Hollywood is that it was made specifically for the tram tour. You would think that if you're bringing over a ride like that either it would have to be retooled for the ride system being used over here or completely revamp it altogether. If this way a clone of say like Transformers I would be all for it since it was a specific E-ticket ride.

Comparing to the Avatar, which are E-ticket rides I assume, is going to hurt it in the long run. Then again, Avatar has taken years to build while FF will take only 2 years.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I think the backlash of the Hollywood version is overstated a bit, and a number of the negative reactions seem to be coming from reactions to on-ride video posted online.

I have ridden USH's F&F Supercharged. It is by no means terrible. That's not to say it's perfect, but it's not bad. The opening portions of the ride with the "dance party" and intro of the character is worthy of an eye roll or two, but a lot of people on my tram were eating it up. Bad or not, it is very much in vain of the F&F movies.

The actual "ride" aspect of Supercharged is actually a lot of fun. The poor CGI effects some have pointed out from the videos is not as distracting when viewed in 3D as intended (though I will admit, I hope it is improved for the USO version.) The action is completely over the top, but again is in vain of the over the top action style the film series has turned to in recent entries. The only real complaint I would have is the ending. You're going going going and then! It ends. It seems way to abrupt and left me wondering if there was more to until the tram pulled out of the show building.

Overall it was decent. I would give it a solid 6.5 or 7 out of ten. Fix and tweak a few things and it could become great. Most of the GP guests on the tram were laughing and clapping pulling out and seemed very pleased with the experience. I overheard several people as I was getting off the tram saying they wanted to do the tram again just the redo Supercharged. This is by no means hard proof, but it's enough to make me believe that negative backlash against the ride is more the subject of a vocal minority and not an accurate picture of how most really feel about the attraction.

The thing you have to keep in mind about Hollywood is that in addition to Transformers, they do not have Escape from Gringotts, Spider-Man, or even Forbidden Journey yet. 3 of the best attractions in the world that also happen to be screen-based and all within a rock's throw of each other. So if they are impressed, it has to be weighed on a different scale at USH than UOR.

But what's more concerning is that the reviews really aren't very positive, which should tell anyone else to go back to the drawing board instead of recreate it at other resorts. Not that Disney is immune to this with the Toy Story Lands, that horrible new Frozen show, etc. but that's on a smaller scale.

Having The Fast & the Furious on the marquee is going to get people through the turnstiles in droves. That's a sure thing at this point. But is anyone worrying that it's any good? This has to stand the test of the time and it should help diversify the resort's offerings. For the Orlando resort at least, it would be more of the same.

Reactions: Blue and belloq87
Having The Fast & the Furious on the marquee is going to get people through the turnstiles in droves. That's a sure thing at this point. But is anyone worrying that it's any good?
Yep, if this truly is a clone then getting people through the gates only to disappoint them is probably worse than not doing anything at all. I'm not sure building this as a clone is worth the bad press. It's great to build on successes but one failure can drastically change people's perception of the parks as a whole. I would hate to see this undo everything they've built upon for the last several years.

Reactions: Blue
Having The Fast & the Furious on the marquee is going to get people through the turnstiles in droves. That's a sure thing at this point. But is anyone worrying that it's any good? This has to stand the test of the time and it should help diversify the resort's offerings. For the Orlando resort at least, it would be more of the same.

Exactly right. What is the special "hook" of Hollywood's attraction? And what will its Orlando clone offer - experience-wise - that we can't already get from any number of attractions that already exist (or will soon exist) in either of the two Orlando parks? A 360 tunnel? Nope, Kong will soon have that covered. Extensive musion? Nope, Gringotts and Forbidden Journey have that covered. Simulated speed and action? Nope, Spider-Man, Transformers, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Minion Mayhem, and Simpsons have that covered. A gigantic queue showing off cars? Okay, I guess we've found what the attraction's unique selling point will be after all! But is a warehouse full of cars enough to justify the ride taking over a very large plot of land? I doubt it.

Orlando's Earthquake was greatly expanded with the added special effects rooms prior to the ride. If the attraction had only included the 90(?) second show scene, it would've been like the tram ride.

If Gringotts has a problem, it's poor pacing.

Cloning Supercharged and making it an independent ride would probably result in another poorly paced ride (in addition to other deficiencies).
We shall see.

Btw, I'm tending to agree with you.

Reactions: JungleSkip