Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing you have to keep in mind about Hollywood is that in addition to Transformers, they do not have Escape from Gringotts, Spider-Man, or even Forbidden Journey yet. 3 of the best attractions in the world that also happen to be screen-based and all within a rock's throw of each other. So if they are impressed, it has to be weighed on a different scale at USH than UOR.

But what's more concerning is that the reviews really aren't very positive, which should tell anyone else to go back to the drawing board instead of recreate it at other resorts. Not that Disney is immune to this with the Toy Story Lands, that horrible new Frozen show, etc. but that's on a smaller scale.

Having The Fast & the Furious on the marquee is going to get people through the turnstiles in droves. That's a sure thing at this point. But is anyone worrying that it's any good? This has to stand the test of the time and it should help diversify the resort's offerings. For the Orlando resort at least, it would be more of the same.

Why does it have to be weighed on a different scale if they are impressed? You're ignoring the fact that USH, like USO, relies a lot on tourist, a lot of which come from overseas. Locals make up only a portion of the guests coming through the turn styles. With that in mind, you can't really say with certainty that the attractions within the L.A. area are the only source of comparison they have while experiencing Supercharged.

And saying it's been getting bad reviews again is very misleading. There have been a lot of certified press that have given the attraction good to great reviews. L.A. Weekly, The L.A. Times, U.S.A. Today, among many more. In fact, the only truly negative reviews I have seen for it, aside from fans (which I addressed earlier) have come from a couple theme park exclusive websites who are going to be far more critical of an amusement attraction then the average guest.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
My theory: The musion scenes will be different from Hollywood and will simply be preshows. For the ride, it will have a new ride system. Half of it will be the 3D scenes, and the other half will be slightly thrilling (I'm thinking like the first half of Test Track), and focus more on other effects/sets, like explosions.

Will that happen? I highly doubt it. But I'll give it a bit more of a pass then a full-on Hollywood clone.

This is the way to look at it: F&F and Fallon are appetizers on the way to Nintendo the year after.
I hope you are right. Maybe UC is doing a Hollywood clone for F&F to save their creative energy for a massive Nintendo extravaganza?

What does he do in that scene... I looked everywhere for him. Perhaps the blended 3D makes it difficult. That plus that knit-whit hanging from the drone chopper. I can't stand him.

He appears on the left screen. He's maning the gun on the vehicle that is covering Tyrese's character's "tow" vehicle. He does take a back seat to the others during the actual ride. His main area of exposure is in the on tram videos leading up the ride.

Edit: Alexshow beat me too it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: AK-Jake
I think I'm more interested in seeing the ride vehicles now more than anything, as the ride doesn't sound very exciting all to me anymore. Wonder what route they'll take for this one.

That was filmed with a green screen, so it wouldn't be difficult to change the backgrounds to SF. Plus, I'm sure there was tons of extra footage that can be added. On the vehicles, perhaps they'll have some special effects that can duplicate rolls,heat, bumps, water, speed etc. They won't be trams so they may be something on the order of Kong, maybe half or two thirds the size. It can be basically the same (clone), but with a few tweeks, changes & improvements it can be different from Hollywood.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
This is the way to look at it: F&F and Fallon are appetizers on the way to Nintendo the year after. The "E-ticket" addition for 2017 in UOR is Volcano Bay.
I can't possibly look at it like that if I know a lot of space is being wasted for mediocre attractions in a park that is short on space to begin with.

A USH F&F port doesn't deserve that much land and it's a shame that it will unless they plan on actually making it a respectable attraction.

Well that space has been wasted for the past however many years Disaster has been there, so what's the difference now?

And I'm sure they'll recoup it quickly solely on the Fast & Furious name.
I don't doubt that.

But shouldn't we, the fans, be more concerned with great attractions rather than Universal making money off of bad ones? I mean, unless you own Comcast stock, then no one should use money as an excuse for a lesser-quality attraction.

I don't doubt that.

But shouldn't we, the fans, be more concerned with great attractions rather than Universal making money off of bad ones? I mean, unless you own Comcast stock, then no one should use money as an excuse for a lesser-quality attraction.

Great is a subjective term. I'm looking forward to this attraction, myself. Sounds like it could be fun. I'm not going to judge based on horribly filmed ride-throughs on YouTube.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Great is a subjective term. I'm looking forward to this attraction, myself. Sounds like it could be fun. I'm not going to judge based on horribly filmed ride-throughs on YouTube.
Fair enough.

Personally, I expect nothing short of a full on E-ticket with the space they have and the script alone for the Hollywood version brings down the attraction, and that has nothing to do with it being a "horribly filmed ride-through", it's just how it is and the only way it changes is if they do re-shoots when filming Fast 8.

Reactions: misterID
Does it? I mean, Disaster was only open some 7 years. I'm not sure Uni looks at standalone attractions like this as Haunted Manson/Pirates-like additions like they do with FJ, Spider-Man, and Gringotts.

Eh, the Disaster overlay has been there 7 years. The ride portion has been open for 25 years now.

Plus, although the screen attractions could be changed out more often than not, looking at Uni's track record, they're not.

3D video & musion scenes will be unchanged. When the attraction was designed they were looking at the big picture, not just the backlot tour. Reuse is the future.

What comes between these scenes is what will make the ride different. I haven't gotten any specifics about the scenes, but I can tell you this will be no high-speed thrill ride & it never was going to be.

Also I'd like to comment on this "all that for a 2 minute scene?" posts. Disaster's show tunnel is less than 2 minutes, but it's one of the longest attractions in the park. It's not just about the ride, it's about everything that builds up to it (and comes after). Quit thinking of this as a ride and start thinking of it as an attraction.

3D video & musion scenes will be unchanged. When the attraction was designed they were looking at the big picture, not just the backlot tour. Reuse is the future.

What comes between these scenes is what will make the ride different. I haven't gotten any specifics about the scenes, but I can tell you this will be no high-speed thrill ride & it never was going to be.

Also I'd like to comment on this "all that for a 2 minute scene?" posts. Disaster's show tunnel is less than 2 minutes, but it's one of the longest attractions in the park. It's not just about the ride, it's about everything that builds up to it (and comes after). Quit thinking of this as a ride and start thinking of it as an attraction.
I'm more confused than ever.

And not making a fast and furious ride fast and furious... I don't know. You're missing a big opportunity. High speed thrill ride sounds like the perfect system. I guess now it's not a ride but an attraction... Like a stunt show? Right now its a car show/simulator and that sounds.... Not very interesting.