Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Probably because this was supposed to be USH's version of Spider-Man (there wasn't enough room to clone Spidey). There are a variety of stories of why we got it, but all I know it was literally a last minute decision because they were putting in a haunted house and 2 days later had to remove it as it was going to be demolished.

USH didn't not get Spiderman because "there wasn't room" it didn't get Spidey because Universal don't have the rights to use Marvel on the West Coast.

USH didn't not get Spiderman because "there wasn't room" it didn't get Spidey because Universal don't have the rights to use Marvel on the West Coast.
Universal DID have the rights to Marvel on the west coast. In 2003(?) they lost them. Can't remember if they sold them back to Marvel or not, but there used to be a Marvel show and everything out there.

Universal DID have the rights to Marvel on the west coast. In 2003(?) they lost them. Can't remember if they sold them back to Marvel or not, but there used to be a Marvel show and everything out there.

I remember there being a marvel based store tucked in-between Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage that lasted till I think about 2008.

Reactions: Nick
I remember there being a marvel based store tucked in-between Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage that lasted till I think about 2008.
The gave them back after the failure of the Marvel-themed restaurant

The gave them back after the failure of the Marvel-themed restaurant

After giving more clarity, while Marvel Mania was it's own resteraunt; within originally the soundstage used for House of Horrors; after the dining option closed, there was still a gift shop themed to the marvel brand for quite some time. Before it was changed to Production Central in 2010, it was briefly for a period of time a generic comic book themed shop; as the marvel rights were lost shortly after The Simpsons Ride opened to the public for the west coast.

That, was two years before Disney purchased Marvel; and that as it stands now, they have only major control of it for California; unless if a deal seemingly comes to place soon for Orlando; if the Guardians rumor pans out true (which, it is seemingly).

Either way, that is; off topic and that we should bring it back to Fast and Furious, right?

Reactions: GadgetGuru
What do we think the likelihood is of this soft opening toward the end of August and beginning of September?

The reason I ask is because the signage appears to be being painted on and the exterior seems more or less ready, cast members were also allegedly seen to be inside the building not too long ago. Whilst I'm not too worried about this, someone I'm going with (who is unlikely to return) absolutely loves the franchise and I'd think they'd love this. :)

What do we think the likelihood is of this soft opening toward the end of August and beginning of September?

The reason I ask is because the signage appears to be being painted on and the exterior seems more or less ready, cast members were also allegedly seen to be inside the building not too long ago. Whilst I'm not too worried about this, someone I'm going with (who is unlikely to return) absolutely loves the franchise and I'd think they'd love this. :)

This year?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

If you are asking this year, no.

Reactions: Scott W.
Indeed, haha. When all factors are considered it wouldn't seem too mad of an idea. The tech is something they have used previously, and with it being entirely indoor this time around it'll hopefully mean less complications. It may just be wishful thinking, however with staff being inside the building and the attraction signage going up, would it really be so surprising if it soft opened 4 months ahead of 2018?

I'm aware that the interior may be far from complete, however would we see the exterior more or less ready by July if the inside wasn't near completion too?

EDIT - Oh well, thanks for responding anyway. :)

Indeed, haha. When all factors are considered it wouldn't seem too mad of an idea. The tech is something they have used previously, and with it being entirely indoor this time around it'll hopefully mean less complications. It may just be wishful thinking, however with staff being inside the building and the attraction signage going up, would it really be so surprising if it soft opened 4 months ahead of 2018?

I'm aware that the interior may be far from complete, however would we see the exterior more or less ready by July if the inside wasn't near completion too?

EDIT - Oh well, thanks for responding anyway. :)

I think it's spring 2018 so you're talking about 8 months early after they already pushed the date back.

It's not uncommon for the exterior to be finished well before the interior is and just because it looks almost complete, doesn't mean it is.