Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no issue with the rides in TSL per say, but I do take issue with TSL taking up 11 acres and only adding 2 rides + TSMM. I think that's what will hurt it when i'm assessing it imo, very similar to how F&F takes up a stupid amount of land for the type of ride it is.

This X 100. Space is at a premium at both parks! I will say the Slinky Dog Coaster looks much more impressive/fun than my original expectations, but it's still just two carnival rides taking up a gigantic plot of land on an already fully represented franchise.

F&F for me just isnt' exciting, and when you hear rumors back and forth about rides like MIB or The Mummy being in danger of being replaced and then you see this opening up it's kind of like a slap in the face IMHO.

There isn't a "biggest attraction" in Orlando in 2018. It's almost more of a fight to see who can make the worst.

All said though, Infinity Falls will almost undoubtedly be the best attraction to open this year.
To hear you say that is quite ironic, when enthusiasts in the rest of the world are all treating 2018 like it is the second coming of Christ. Would you say that 2017 was more interesting? I probably would considering we had Pandora open.

To hear you say that is quite ironic, when enthusiasts in the rest of the world are all treating 2018 like it is the second coming of Christ. Would you say that 2017 was more interesting? I probably would considering we had Pandora open.

Between Pandora and Volcano Bay, absolutely. (To a lesser degree Fallon and Misadventure falls)

Reactions: Matt N
Pandora and Volcano Bay definitely had interest up until their openings. There's not much to be hyped for with Toy Story and F&F. We already know exactly what each is going to be. At least with us theme park fans, there's little room for surprise and what we DO know about isn't particularly exciting.

I'm most looking forward to Infinity Falls too, although the possibility of it being underwhelming as so many rapids rides can be is a possibility.

Reactions: WAJAS
I just hope it's the last official screen ride of Universal theme parks....for now. Some practical attractions are too great to be replaced by non-innovative, screen rides (Twister replaced by Jimmy Fallon, Disaster replaced by F&F, King Kong Encounter replaced by Peter Jackson's King Kong 3d, and Kongfrontation being spiritually replaced by Skull Island 3d ride). And SNW should set an example of what a practical full-all out attraction should look like.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I just hope it's the last official screen ride of Universal theme parks....for now. Some practical attractions are too great to be replaced by non-innovative, screen rides (Twister replaced by Jimmy Fallon, Disaster replaced by F&F, King Kong Encounter replaced by Peter Jackson's King Kong 3d, and Kongfrontation being spiritually replaced by Skull Island 3d ride). And SNW should set an example of what a practical full-all out attraction should look like.

I can't for the life of me figure out what so many of you loved so much about Twister and Disaster... They were dated and hokey at best. There is so much innovation that goes into "just another screen ride" that I think people miss. Do I think F&F is going to be a game changing experience? No, I'm not unrealistic. But I think it's going to be a lot more enjoyable for many more Guest's than Disaster has been for a long long time.

Do I want to see MORE practical effects used in new attractions, YOU BET! Do I want 20 Peter Pan's flight clones... No, not really.

PS. I think Skull Island Reign of Kong is underrated genius. Once wait times are looney people will start talking about how enjoyable that attraction really is. (Same thing happened with Gringotts)

Reactions: JMalez and Mad Dog
ehhh about that..

I was not a fan of Twister but I would take Disaster over Jimmy Fallon, Minions, and probably Fast and Furious any day of the week.

Though I felt the actual ride portion of Disaster was pretty lackluster the whole movie making portion. Plus the live action/Christopher Walken stuff was top notch. Though it took a long time it always felt new, fun, fresh and different every time I did it! Attractions like that to me are so fun and unique unlike this which will probably feel like another middling experience similar to about 8 others on property.

Reactions: Eckert
ehhh about that..

I was not a fan of Twister but I would take Disaster over Jimmy Fallon, Minions, and probably Fast and Furious any day of the week.

Though I felt the actual ride portion of Disaster was pretty lackluster the whole movie making portion. Plus the live action/Christopher Walken stuff was top notch. Though it took a long time it always felt new, fun, fresh and different every time I did it! Attractions like that to me are so fun and unique unlike this which will probably feel like another middling experience similar to about 8 others on property.

I'm curious how many times you've ridden Fallon? I HATED it the first time I went through... But I'd say by ride 3 I really started "getting it" (it all happens really fast). KONG too. I forget the exact scientific stuff, but generally you need to experience any attraction more than once (or NO times, cough cough F&F) to really get a sense of the overall experience.

Reactions: Mad Dog
lol fair enough I only did Fallon once so far... and I know it's kind of unfair to judge F&F so quickly but I just don't really care for that franchise at all. I have ridden Kong twice and I quite enjoyed it and look forward to experiencing it again. Honestly I had high hopes for Fallon and wasn't negative on it going in, Maybe my tune will change with multiple rides. The virtual que does it no favors We wanted to ride it a second time, we got two different tickets, once we were on the complete other side of the park and the other time we were in line for another ride when our windows opened up and we didn't feel like going all the way back to that corner. We were willing to wait in a 20-30 minute line when we got the ticket though.

However, I loved Disaster I thought it was very fun and unique and would probably rank it higher than half or more of the attractions currently at the parks.

ehhh about that..

Disaster had to be the most fun job I ever had. But thats because I'm a natural ham.... I was like the warm up guy for the Lonnies (Entertainment even gave me an outstanding award one time, mainly because they loved when I how the crowd already laughing before the show evan began). Soundstage was fun, but incredibly frantic (there are 4 positions, each with about 6 or 7 different things to do all over the stage). I really miss it

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
What's painful and scary to me is what exactly are the qualifiers for 'best new attraction' this year worldwide? I'm scratching my head. Considering TPI, for example, breaks down the separate category for roller coaster... or else Steel Vengeance could take it.

It's almost too close for comfort that F&F wins by sheer default.

I guess Infinity Falls, the Legoland ride (neither of which I hold that much confidence in being stellar on principle) or the Antman overlay in Hong Kong are the only hope? Is a 4D theatre really preferable?

I'd rather a fun B-ticket win than give it to a hot mess because it's the only choice.

What's painful and scary to me is what exactly are the qualifiers for 'best new attraction' this year worldwide? I'm scratching my head. Considering TPI, for example, breaks down the separate category for roller coaster... or else Steel Vengeance could take it.

It's almost too close for comfort that F&F wins by sheer default.

I guess Infinity Falls, the Legoland ride (neither of which I hold that much confidence in being stellar on principle) or the Antman overlay in Hong Kong are the only hope? Is a 4D theatre really preferable?

I'd rather a fun B-ticket win than give it to a hot mess because it's the only choice.
Maybe with an asterisk like in baseball?

Reactions: brianlo and Mad Dog
I can't for the life of me figure out what so many of you loved so much about Twister and Disaster...

Because they were real life things you could see and hear and feel (water and fire and wind) and not just something you watch on a tv screen. You'll definitely notice a theme with this when you read through the threads on this site, so much so that a dedicated thread was created just for people to complain about screens because others were getting tired of hearing it so often.

I can't for the life of me figure out what so many of you loved so much about Twister and Disaster... They were dated and hokey at best. There is so much innovation that goes into "just another screen ride" that I think people miss. Do I think F&F is going to be a game changing experience? No, I'm not unrealistic. But I think it's going to be a lot more enjoyable for many more Guest's than Disaster has been for a long long time.

Do I want to see MORE practical effects used in new attractions, YOU BET! Do I want 20 Peter Pan's flight clones... No, not really.

PS. I think Skull Island Reign of Kong is underrated genius. Once wait times are looney people will start talking about how enjoyable that attraction really is. (Same thing happened with Gringotts)

2qun5ah.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
Twister was not a good attraction. :lol: Say what you want about Fallon, but I'd say it's an absolute improvement in every way; better ride experience, better queue, better facade, better atmosphere, better guest satisfaction.

Now Disaster? That's definitely a bit more debatable, as I do consider that a good attraction. F&F has a serious chance of being a pretty huge downgrade. But operational expenses for that ride were so obscenely high and the ride system was on its final legs so it pretty much had to go.

Reactions: JMalez and Mad Dog
Twister was not a good attraction. :lol: Say what you want about Fallon, but I'd say it's an absolute improvement in every way; better ride experience, better queue, better facade, better atmosphere, better guest satisfaction.

Now Disaster? That's definitely a bit more debatable, as I do consider that a good attraction. F&F has a serious chance of being a pretty huge downgrade. But operational expenses for that ride were so obscenely high and the ride system was on its final legs so it pretty much had to go.
Sorry, double post, I've broken my rule haha

I had the thought the other day about F&F being a launched coaster utilizing some elements of the finale for Earthquake..But, we have what we have haha