Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
3d in itself is not bad it the fact that most rides come to a full stop or close to it in a 3d ride.They could easily fix it by doing what Disney is doing with the guardians of the galaxy roller-coaster.

After seeing the merch pics online, I can definitely say that the F&F merch will be unique.

Will it be anything I would ever consider buying? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly excited about this attraction compared to the others being built worldwide in 2018. That may be because I've never watched Fast and Furious or it might be because it's replacing Disaster. I say this because I definitely think that Disaster was the saddest of the two losses in 2015. Twister wasn't anything special and was just sort of... there, for me, whereas I actually had quite a soft spot for Disaster. It was a fun and different attraction and it was always a good laugh. I'm OK with this attraction using screens, because if done well, screens can actually be very effective, in my opinion. And I'm sure F&F will be a good attraction and a worthy replacement of Disaster. Anyway, I'm off topic!

Reactions: Coasted
I wouldn't say I'm particularly excited about this attraction compared to the others being built worldwide in 2018. That may be because I've never watched Fast and Furious or it might be because it's replacing Disaster. I say this because I definitely think that Disaster was the saddest of the two losses in 2015. Twister wasn't anything special and was just sort of... there, for me, whereas I actually had quite a soft spot for Disaster. It was a fun and different attraction and it was always a good laugh. I'm OK with this attraction using screens, because if done well, screens can actually be very effective, in my opinion. And I'm sure F&F will be a good attraction and a worthy replacement of Disaster. Anyway, I'm off topic!
Worthy replacement is arguable.

Yes, disaster had to go because of a rotting ride system. However, for what we are getting in that HUGE show building, I’m not convinced it is a totally worthy replacement.

Wow....no new posts in over a week for the biggest attraction opening in Orlando this year....it’s proving very difficult to muster any level of excitement here.

Reactions: Freak
Wow....no new posts in over a week for the biggest attraction opening in Orlando this year....it’s proving very difficult to muster any level of excitement here.

I think we should wait until later this month, whether through leaks or official. It's gonna come out this March so hopefully by then, we get the full details of the ride.

It is strange that there's not even an opening date yet. I would think Universal would be starting up a big ad push to get people to book their summer vacations to see this ride.

There isn't a "biggest attraction" in Orlando in 2018. It's almost more of a fight to see who can make the worst.

All said though, Infinity Falls will almost undoubtedly be the best attraction to open this year.

There isn't a "biggest attraction" in Orlando in 2018. It's almost more of a fight to see who can make the worst.

All said though, Infinity Falls will almost undoubtedly be the best attraction to open this year.

Especially when it's considered a copyclone from Hollywood and generates nothing more than a full 3d screen ride Universal is been putting out for the past 7 years.

Reactions: Cheezbat

I'm convinced that TSL will turn out to beat expectations. That might just be blind optimism though.

If Infinity Falls ends up being the best attraction of 2018, I feel like this will be an off-year for theme park fans :(

I'm convinced that TSL will turn out to beat expectations. That might just be blind optimism though.

If Infinity Falls ends up being the best attraction of 2018, I feel like this will be an off-year for theme park fans :(
I have no issue with the rides in TSL per say, but I do take issue with TSL taking up 11 acres and only adding 2 rides + TSMM. I think that's what will hurt it when i'm assessing it imo, very similar to how F&F takes up a stupid amount of land for the type of ride it is.

Meanwhile in SoCal, we get an updated 4D theater for USH, a descent coaster at Knott’s, an update for a Disney coaster, a sub ride for Legoland, and a compact coaster for Sea World.Not trying to rub it in or anything.

But back on topic, I’m interested to see how different this will be as a stand-alone ride.

I think Universal is really trying to lean into their reputation as being the leader in queues.

Especially since F&F will be a virtual queue, I think Universal is hoping the queue will be an integral part of the ride. It’ll have to be more entertaining and more interactive than anything Universal has done imo. That’s the only way I can justify F&F taking up that much space.

Meanwhile in SoCal, we get an updated 4D theater for USH, a descent coaster at Knott’s, an update for a Disney coaster, a sub ride for Legoland, and a compact coaster for Sea World.Not trying to rub it in or anything.

But back on topic, I’m interested to see how different this will be as a stand-alone ride.
I can hardly contain my excitement about that 4D theater and rethemed version of a ride i've already been on countless times.

Honestly, as much fun as that stuff may be for you as a local, even as a package deal it's certainly nothing I would book a trip over. It's a pretty meh group of additions.

I'd say 2018 would have been an exciting year to look forward to if it weren't for how exciting the years before and after it have been/will be. After Potter, Pandora, a whole new water park and more, Fast & Furious and Toy Story Land seem quaint. And with Star Wars, Nintendo, more Potter, and various other Disney and Universal rides on the horizon, it's hard to get excited about a screen based tour segment clone, carnival rides, and a water rapids ride on a small plot.

Oh it’s an off year without question but in terms of scale and scope I’d still say it’s the biggest new single attraction coming this year. I agree with the above that various others will be more fun.

Reactions: Coasted