Favorite Disney Hotel | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Disney Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite Disney Hotel?

• Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort

• Disney's Yacht Club Resort

• Disney's Beach Club Villas

• The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

• Total voters
For Deluxe I like the Contemporary, because of the location, transportation options, and all under one roof. For value I agree with the other poster on All-Star Sports. Just something about it, especially the pool area, is very relaxed and fun feeling. I'm staying at the Sports again next week. For a moderate, ehh....I guess Riverside is the prettiest, but they all are very spread out, multiple internal bus stops, sometimes long walks to food courts and front desks, just doesn't seem worth twice the price of the values.

Come by the store. I work in the evenings.

Come by the store. I work in the evenings.

Oops, I didn't end up checking this thread again before I left, darnit. All the people I saw working in the store were kind of ditzy ladies, lol. Boy some of those prices had gone up though. $7 for a package of Entenmann's cinnamon rolls? Really? A small tube of sunblock for $12.95? :lol: I booked the bounceback rate while I was there to come back in September, but now I'm not sure if I will keep it since they announced the food court will be closed. Kind of upset about that, they didn't tell me something big was happening when I booked. I was thinking about writing a letter to Disney about it, but not much hope, people are reporting they aren't doing anything for them.

Oops, I didn't end up checking this thread again before I left, darnit. All the people I saw working in the store were kind of ditzy ladies, lol. Boy some of those prices had gone up though. $7 for a package of Entenmann's cinnamon rolls? Really? A small tube of sunblock for $12.95? :lol: I booked the bounceback rate while I was there to come back in September, but now I'm not sure if I will keep it since they announced the food court will be closed. Kind of upset about that, they didn't tell me something big was happening when I booked. I was thinking about writing a letter to Disney about it, but not much hope, people are reporting they aren't doing anything for them.

See if you can move your res to Music or Movies.

Boardwalk--I'm a sucker for that time period, and it's a great location along with its own attractions which is awesome!

While I never stayed at a Disney hotel, I just don't see the benefit, I did research all of them for some trip planning and my favorite was the Art of Animation resort, especially the Cars suite. My problem with Disney hotels is the decor is so overkill and...kinda ugly. I loved that the Cars suite looked like a normal high end hotel, with small references to the movie, they didn't hit you over the head with Cars imagery.

While I never stayed at a Disney hotel, I just don't see the benefit, I did research all of them for some trip planning and my favorite was the Art of Animation resort, especially the Cars suite. My problem with Disney hotels is the decor is so overkill and...kinda ugly. I loved that the Cars suite looked like a normal high end hotel, with small references to the movie, they didn't hit you over the head with Cars imagery.

Where do you normally stay in Orlando?

The only Disney Resorts that have decor overkill are the value resorts. Even many parts of the Art of Animation resorts are a bit tacky. Moderate and above are usually like high end nicely themed hotels. I love staying in Disney resorts because of that.

Last edited:
The only Disney Resorts that have decor overkill are the value resorts. Even many parts of the Art of Animation resorts are a bit tacky. Moderate and above are usually like high end nicely themed hotels. I love staying in Disney resorts because of that.

Yes, some of the Art of Animation is very tacky, like the Little Mermaid suite. That's why I said the Cars suite specifically. It's modern, it's clean.

I point you to the rooms of the Caribbean Beach Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Resort, and the Wilderness Lodge. This is all a matter of taste, but I tend to lean more on the contemporary side of design. Loud bedspreads and design features that scream "Hey! Our theme is the beach/animals/wilderness/cabin, can't you tell?" to be a bit annoying.

Just checked the Art of Animation prices for one night Friday and its $450 a night. How is that a "value" resort ?

Just checked the Art of Animation prices for one night Friday and its $450 a night. How is that a "value" resort ?

Where do you see those prices? Generally, the Little Mermaid standard room should be about $120 and the suites (Lion King, Cars, Nemo) are more like $300. The suites aren't cheap but I guess for a suite...you know.

Yes, some of the Art of Animation is very tacky, like the Little Mermaid suite. That's why I said the Cars suite specifically. It's modern, it's clean.

I point you to the rooms of the Caribbean Beach Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Resort, and the Wilderness Lodge. This is all a matter of taste, but I tend to lean more on the contemporary side of design. Loud bedspreads and design features that scream "Hey! Our theme is the beach/animals/wilderness/cabin, can't you tell?" to be a bit annoying.

I disagree. Most of the resorts are decorated tastefully. I've stayed in several of the ones you listed and the "loud" bedspreads are not really a problem. The only ones that have really bright coloring is the caribbean because that is their theme. I have stayed at Hard Rock and found it to be bland and generic but I guess that is why we differ.

I disagree. Most of the resorts are decorated tastefully. I've stayed in several of the ones you listed and the "loud" bedspreads are not really a problem. The only ones that have really bright coloring is the caribbean because that is their theme. I have stayed at Hard Rock and found it to be bland and generic but I guess that is why we differ.

Eh, the Hard Rock feels like an hotel that an adult would stay at. I had colorful bedding when I was 10. I had Lion King sheets in grade school. I have no plans on going back to that. That being said, I think the Disney contemporary resort has fantastic looking rooms (though an ugly, airport-ish lobby) but exactly, we clearly have different design preferability, nothing wrong with that :thumbs:

I do agree with you somewhat though. I am not going to stay in the value resorts because they feel cheap and kid-like. Art of Animation, MAYBE. But the others, no thank you.

Where do you see those prices? Generally, the Little Mermaid standard room should be about $120 and the suites (Lion King, Cars, Nemo) are more like $300. The suites aren't cheap but I guess for a suite...you know.

On their own website today. They give you those prices to lure you in and then they get you. Universal does the same thing. They put $250** when it's $359.

Hmm, well I think it's safe to say that no one is staying at the Art of Animation resort for $450, even if it probably is the best "value" resort.

Are we sure it was over $400 per night? Usually these sites show the totals.

With the advertised specials, that would be the best possible price. So there may be one day at that rate, and the rest have different higher rates. Good luck finding that lowest price though. It is not just Uni or Disney, all travel sites resort to the sneekyness.