Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite/Least Favorite Epcot Attraction

For all its flaws, Epcot is still my favorite theme park. There's only one attraction in the entire park that I outright dislike.

Favorite: Spaceship Earth. Say what you will about the descent, but it's an enormously impressive dark ride on a scale the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1980s. The American Adventure would be a very close second, as I find it the most emotionally stirring show Disney has ever staged.

Least Favorite: Journey into Imagination. Doesn't come anywhere close to delivering on the promise and the potential of its pavilion.

I enjoy Gran Fiesta Tour for what it is. A nice time filler that fills a gap in Epcot's rid Eli who. The AAs also improved it.

I haven't ridden it since they added them so I might very well enjoy it more now.

Favorite: It's a top two for me, Test Track (Both versions), and the 1994 - 2007 iteration of Spaceship Earth.

I've always enjoyed TT ever since I've first went on it, and I consider the 94-07 version of SE one of the finest darkrides out there. (Too bad Siemens later botched the ride with their version.)

Least Favorite: This one's a no-brainer for me, Journey into Imagination with Figmant. Now I've actually been on the infamous Journey into YOUR Imagination, so why am I not picking that version? Simple.

The current version of the ride feels like they just slapped Figmant back into the ride to try and appease those screaming where the hell was he, but instead of bringing back the beloved Figmant people grew up with...they made this Figmant annoying as all heck. So not only does it feel like a cheap/rushed change, but it also feels like a extra slap in the face to anyone that liked the character with how they changed him.

People may have hated JiYI, but Disney showed it can actually be much worse with a beloved character added to it.

Hate Journey into Imagination- Need to tear it down and build something else entirely new.

Love Spaceship Earth. Still the best.

All-time favorite: Horizons. Favorite ride at any park at any point in history, head and shoulders above anything else that's ever been built.

Current favorite: Living with the Land. That would make my head spin as a kid as Listen to the Land was my least favorite, but they've destroyed everything else and replaced them with inferior attractions.

Least favorite: Frozen Ever After. Does. Not. BELONG.

Favorite: Frozen Ever After. Yes, the thematic identity is wildly inconsistent, but the AA's are incredible and the music is still catchy. It's the ride I most look forward to when I visit.

Least Favorite: Short Film Festival. The 3D sucks and the in-theatre effects are minimal. I can literally get the same experience at home. Utter rubbish.