Favorite Memory at the Magic Kindgom | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Memory at the Magic Kindgom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2015
My favorite memory at the Magic Kindgom was seeing my wife get really excited like a little girl when the Disney Princesses stopped by our table during breakfast at the Castle. What's your favorite memory?

They chose my GF & me for the Rockette style line dance with the entire Main Street cast. That was fun. Earlier that morning we rode on the Main street tram that opened the park. it was cool to have the entire crowd following us.

Well they still exist. :lol:
That's true! I remember Alien Encounter I was really scared the first time I experienced it (age 6 or 7) Then when I went back to MK for my honeymoon I was looking forward to the ride then found out it got turn into stitch's great escape! I was quite let down, I never had the chance to ride 20K.

My favorite memory will be when they demolish FP+ :lol:

In all seriousness one of my most recent favorite moments was brings my oldest to the Magic Kingdom for her first trip when she was 6 months old back in 2011. Even though she was little the emotions she displayed seeing the sighs and sounds along with the character interactions were all priceless.

A few memories stick out form my child hood. One being Alien Encounter as well, I must have been around 12ish and was terrified.

Another memory going back to the 80s, I remember throwing a fit when my parents brought me on the Peoplemover thinking it was the entrance to Space Mountain, man I remember being so embarrassed when I saw that it wasn't :lol: I must have been 7ish around that time and was deathly afraid of Space Mountain after hearing how scary and dark it was.

When I was scared of everything back in '86 especially the round theatre where Monsters Inc Laugh Floor currently sits, the boatride to Tom Sawyers Island which I though it was sinking and IASW dolls. They're still creepy though :)

My little brother had a vintage book of Donald Duck visiting tom sawyers island and we spent a good 2 hours there scouting out all the locations in the book. The look of wonder on his face was priceless. Another favorite memory of mine was my first time going on the haunted mansion, a moment that truly changed my life. If you want to hear it, I told it on an episode of OU radio you'll just have to dig for it lol

- - - Updated - - -

It will always be Alien Encounter. Always.

I will go on the record saying alien encounter was a perfect attraction. Best story, script, AAs, music, environment and that feeling of dread the second you walked in was just amazing. Long live XS tech

In the late 90s and very very early 2000s MK had 'E Ticket Night' events during the summer months. Imagine it was an uncharge version of Extra Magic Hour but with a fraction of a fraction of the guests. Marathoning Space/Splash/BTMR was not uncommon. I have many great memories running around the parks then with my friends.

Mine would be my first visit in 1974, when I was 13. We had never seen anything like the MK, and it was truly amazing. My mother couldn't believe that the pirates in POTC even had hair on their legs. We tried to figure out how Haunted Mansion did their effects, and hated Small World from the first time we went on. You people who grew up with this stuff missed out on the absolute amazingness of seeing AAs for the first time, and being wowed by Hall of Presidents, Circle Vision 360, Carousel of Progress, etc. Wish I still had the maps from them. They were like little books.

Ill always remember my first year there. I was 10 and had never been to a place like that before. Seeing the castle for the first time I'll always remember. Also I was obsessed with getting characters pictures/autographs and being on the hunt for Goofy because he's my favorite character. The first characters I saw were Brer Fox and Brer Bear and had no clue who they were. Also I remember that Lion King show in MK where Philharmagic was. It actually might have been the first attraction I did, could be wrong. Also in MGM Studios they had a musical based on Doug, the Nickelodeon cartoon that Disney then acquired

Ooh fun idea for a thread.

Mine would be three separate memories I think. The first was from a few years ago when I proposed to my wife in the rose garden during the fireworks. It was the most nerve wracking experience of my life and I floored her because she had no idea it was coming.

The second is my first trip on Space Mountain. I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 and I remember being nervous as I'll get out. But I ended up loving it. I distinctly remember my dad and I coming out of the ride trying to trick my mom and younger siblings into thinking that I didn't like it.

Then finally this last one is the most recent. My wife and I took our son to MK for the first time and had an absolute blast.

Looking forward to many more trips like that one.

Reactions: ynnoj
Thought of another I'd like to share. There were 2 instances of being on an attraction at the same time the fireworks were going off. One was on the Tomorrowland Speedway and another on Splash Mountain. The Speedway sticks out more because it's right under the open sky as they were going off. If I remember correctly you get a good view of the castle too. It was truly awesome. Something I'll never forget. A lot of my favorite theme park experiences happened at MK at night