Favorite Restaurant at SeaWorld? | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Restaurant at SeaWorld?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee,FL
I Just wanted to see what was everyone's eatery at Seaworld Orlando for me I'd have to say my favorite place to grab a good meal would be Mango Joe's and Terrence BBQ what's yours?

The Busch Hospitality House is good...or was...The Spice Mill in the Waterfront is good as well..

Busch parks tend to have the best food of any parks I've been to to be honest...Universal is gaining on them though

The Busch Hospitality House is good...or was...The Spice Mill in the Waterfront is good as well..

Busch parks tend to have the best food of any parks I've been to to be honest...Universal is gaining on them though

I much prefer food at uni park, seaworld's food I do not like much, BGT is a little better. Anyway, in seaworld I usually go to seaport pizza. Mango Joe's was ok when it was faijatas, but I do not like their burgers.

Universal gaining? I think they have the worst food of the Orlando parks. Their entire menu between the two parks is pretty much limited to chicken, burgers and pizza with a few restaurants doing the whole rotisserie chicken/ribs/garlic mashed potatoes deal. And then even less have fried fish, but its pretty bad. Springfield is really the only improvement to Universal's dining lineup in recent years but even then its mostly burgers, pizza, and chicken, just with different toppings. The taco truck is cool but overpriced. Universal is a considerable step down from Disney and Busch if you ask me.

To the original question, I really like anything in the Waterfront area. The one restaurant with the dueling pianos (is that still there?) was pretty good and I remember liking the food at Dine with Shamu when that was a thing. The Hospitality House is also a good option.

Disney destroys anything theme parks when it comes to food. I mean all I have to say is Epcot, end of story. Universal has the same menu in almost every restaurant and BG can bring some great meals at times

Disney destroys anything theme parks when it comes to food. I mean all I have to say is Epcot, end of story. Universal has the same menu in almost every restaurant and BG can bring some great meals at times

Yeah I agree. Busch has consistently good-quality food and a decent variety. Disney has the best variety, despite some shortcomings in quality in certain places (however, most of their food is good, and the table services are great). Universal....well, at least it's not Six Flags :lol:

At least you can eat for a reasonable amount of money at Busch parks...Epcot is basically all "fancy" dining...at least price-wise...

and Universal has vastly improved, but still has a way to go IMO

At least you can eat for a reasonable amount of money at Busch parks...Epcot is basically all "fancy" dining...at least price-wise...

I have to disagree with that too lol. Each country has a food cart that generally serves authentic food. I know there's a fish and chips cart in UK, pretzel/beer cart in Germany, the French bakery in France, etc. You don't have to sit down or tip to get a good meal at Epcot, alrhough it definitely is the best way to do it.

I have to disagree with that too lol. Each country has a food cart that generally serves authentic food. I know there's a fish and chips cart in UK, pretzel/beer cart in Germany, the French bakery in France, etc. You don't have to sit down or tip to get a good meal at Epcot, alrhough it definitely is the best way to do it.
Well you just have it out for me today haha :p ..I haven't been to Epcot in a while, but I remember spending a whole lot more on food and beverage then I have had at Uni or Busch...and I remember the food being, ok...perhaps I'm not the best at shopping smart at WDW

Well you just have it out for me today haha :p ..I haven't been to Epcot in a while, but I remember spending a whole lot more on food and beverage then I have had at Uni or Busch...and I remember the food being, ok...perhaps I'm not the best at shopping smart at WDW

Hey, when it comes to food I dont mess around :lol:

But I get what youre saying. Comparatively speaking, Epcot IS pricier. But there are alternatives to the super expensive sit-downs.

For me, Disney has the variety of counter service food. Busch has the quality. Voyager Smokehouse has better BBQ than any of the counter service BBQ places at Disney. Universal high spot seems to be in the affordable table service options.

Oh no doubt the Disney food is expensive especially when it comes to Epcot and the hotels. So happy I'm not a foodie by any means of the word because a especially snobbish foodie would look at the s**t I can afford and gasp (I ate the poptart sandwich and don't regret it). Universal is atleast affordable...somewhat, damn flaming moes

When I go to the parks, I usually just want something simple, so I am fine with burgers and pizza etc ... though I do agree that Uni could use a bit more variety.
In BGT I like Desert Grill, I love the Italian Sausage platter. One thing I greatly dislike about seaworld, though, is their fries ...

When I go to the parks, I usually just want something simple, so I am fine with burgers and pizza etc ... though I do agree that Uni could use a bit more variety.

In a lot of ways, that's probably the difference between being a local and being a tourist. When I go to my local park burgers and pizza is fine. I'm leaving in 2 days though for a 10 day Central Florida Vacation I'm spending 8 nights on property (3 Disney, 5 Universal) and will only have a car the first 4 days. After a few days, Burgers and pizza can get old you start wanting "real" food.

My goal for 10 days is to have basic themepark burger, pizza and chicken nugget/strips no more than once each. Now, I'm planning on going to cowfish and get a bento box that includes a burger. That doesn't count. A burger from Burger Dig or a Pizza from Pizza Planet and the like would.

Shark Grill--pricey, but worth it. Everything else is cafeteria-style quick-serve, who knows how long the food has been sitting out. When you can walk to Panera, BWW, Fridays, I don't see the point of eating in-park.

SeaWorld's food is sooo disgusting, just overall.. terrible.

I have tried pretty much every location and gave up. The Wawa down the road a little - all the employees eat there when they can.

They recently opened a new employee "lounge" and held a naming contest. Submitted name? "At least it's not pizza.." which mocks how terrible all the employees know the pizza is.

And for the record, the burgers are like.. boiled. They come in big gross vats of, i dunno, meat juice? And that chaffing dish just gets heated up and they pry out your burger with tongs from the vat of meaty juice. They slap it on a bun and the juice gets the bun all soggy. It's disgusting and tastes terrible.

Just go somewhere else. Anywhere else. Pack a bag lunch.

SeaWorld's food is sooo disgusting, just overall.. terrible.

I have tried pretty much every location and gave up. The Wawa down the road a little - all the employees eat there when they can.

They recently opened a new employee "lounge" and held a naming contest. Submitted name? "At least it's not pizza.." which mocks how terrible all the employees know the pizza is.

And for the record, the burgers are like.. boiled. They come in big gross vats of, i dunno, meat juice? And that chaffing dish just gets heated up and they pry out your burger with tongs from the vat of meaty juice. They slap it on a bun and the juice gets the bun all soggy. It's disgusting and tastes terrible.

Just go somewhere else. Anywhere else. Pack a bag lunch.

This is the first I've heard of a Busch park having terrible food...perhaps Sea World has taken a step back...

Back when SeaWorld was Busch they had some some pretty good food excluding the pizza topped with their specialty spaghetti/pizza sauce.

We ate at a good number of places this past year (not sharks) and their bar-b-cue was good but everything else is pretty lackluster.