Favorite Route to hit all rides at Universal? | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Route to hit all rides at Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2013
NJ
For those times where you only have a day to hit every attraction, or you just wanna barrel through and hit everything for the fun of it, what is your favorite route to take in both USO and IoA to hit every ride in one day?
And if you've never actually had the opportunity or need to hit everything in one day, what do you think the best route would be?
By this I mean If you start at one attraction, which attraction would you hit next and what personal tricks do you have to finish fastest!?

I'll start this off with my personal favorite track through the parks:

First, I would start off in the wizarding world, because whenever I get the chance to go to the parks, I always stay on site, so I would get to enter the park an hr early at the wizarding world. This would eliminate what is in my opinion the most time constraining area of the entire park in just the start.. After riding FJ and DC I would head to the lost continent because I love seeing the Magic Fountain and just the area in general.
After the fountain, I would head back through the wizarding world towards Jurassic Park, but not before picking up a nice frozen butterbeer on my way out.
In Jurassic Park, after enjoying my frozen butterbeer while running around Camp Jurassic (albeit difficult with a cup in one hand, it is much easier when the park is still empty), I would head straight to JPRA and ride it one, maybe two times while some people from the wizarding world fill into JP. At this point the park has just recently opened and most people have not made it all the way to JP. From here, I would check out the Discovery Center, even if just for a while.
Of course, the next stop would be Toon Lagoon. Stops at Popeye's and Ripsaw Falls are a must. Maybe a stop at me ship olive. Toon Lagoon is generally a stop for the rides, not to stick around... For me, that is.
Then straight to where the big thrills are, Marvel Superhero Island. Aw yeah.
First stop is no question Spider-Man. I'll ride it more than once if I have to. Doesn't really matter the lines, we've got express passes, and we're certainly grateful for that. They really are a dream and we're always lucky to have 'em.
Next stop the Hulk. Always one of my favorites and possibly have to ride it twice. Maybe another ride of Spider-Man again.
Then with a smile on our faces, we walk to the Port of Entry. We would stop at Seuss Landing if we're making good time.
I'd give a nice long stare at the "The Adventure Lives On" quote on the bridge in Port of Entry, and we would move on to USO

USO:
First stop at USO would be a walk down to either shrek or despicable me, simple enough.
Right afterwards, we decide who in the group is in the mood to take on the herky jerky-ness that is HRR. I'd opt in everytime at least once just for the experience.
From here we would go straight to Mummy, and this is where most of my time is consumed. If there's no line, we'll take the normal queue because there's no sense missing the work that is that queue. After 5-10 rides of the mummy, we'll consider twister. If we're dizzy enough we might hit it, but if our minds are in the right place we'll normally skip it. From there it's right to San Francisco where Disaster is a must, and we wait in that tiny line in the front for the doors to open... After about 15 minutes of preshow and ride (Likely an exaggeration) we head out for Amity (or we would if it was still there... RIP Jaws) and hit up Jaws a few times. After we've heard enough of the skipper screaming their head off, we head off for some alien scum shootin'. Certainly one of my favorite parts of the day, we hit AA a couple times and sprint straight to simpsons with the last of our energy. I would likely ride this twice with the rest of the family staying out for the second. Then, with an incredibly satisfied heart, we walk off down the street towards the kidz zone. We peer off down the road towards curious george as we enter E.T. Never a disappointment. As the day winds down to a close, we pray either the Horror make up show, or the T2 show is close to showing. This is one of the best ways to end the day. At this point it's a nice way to wind down. We would slowly stroll out the front gates of USO reminiscing of what we did that day. It is quite a glorious end. As we walk over the bridge in CityWalk, past the rotating Universal Globe, we stare back at the arches in front of the park, and hope it's all there when we come back tomorrow. We get back on the Water Taxi, and we enjoy a nice ride back to the Hard Rock Hotel. From here we take a nice quick dive if the pool's open, we get a nice ice cream at Emack and Bolio's, and we get some much needed rest.

Thank you for your time, and I can't wait to hear everyone else's routes! :D

Since I'm there for "work" now my route involves trying to get the most and best update I can squeeze in one day. Occasionally when I know something's going to happen I can spend hours waiting for a shot. I also have to take lighting into account. It doesn't always work out, but I try.

Sometimes we don't even go on any rides. :blank:

Status
Not open for further replies.