1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Fight At Disneyland Caught On Video

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by UNIrd, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

And in Toon Town of all places.

But uh.. the response time from Disney Security is pretty troubling..

EDIT: Oh yeah I should warn about explicit language, violence, etc.

tankart150, Joel, snayberry and 2 others like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Umm... wow. Lots of thoughts and feelings after seeing that.

Also, as a reminder, this isn't something to make light of. This is far and away beyond the run of the mill "stupid guest" story that normally comes out of the parks. This involved a heavy dose of domestic violence to multiple people who couldn't fight back in front of a crowd that seemed horrified and an incredibly slow reaction by Disneyland Security. Three women got, for all intents and purposes, sucker-punched in this video (mostly by one man - who had to be dragged off of beating up a woman senseless by park goers).

JM-BENT, Joel, Dhdhddh and 5 others like this.
  3. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I’m assuming that any Disney employee who isn’t security can’t do a thing in a situation like this?

4. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

Most places work that way.

5. Nick

Yes, and even then Security can only do so much as they have to defer to the Police.But at least the situation defused once security got there. The problem was how long it took them to get there.

It took 3.5 minutes of that dude in the Pink shirt b**** slapping everyone in his family or whoever that was that was involved. It shouldn't take that long for security to respond to something that got so extremely beyond World Star levels out-of-hand and in a very, very public setting.

Joel, Dhdhddh, RevFreako and 2 others like this.
  6. Spaulding

Spaulding Member

Does Disney use plain clothes security? I wondered if the big bald guy who tried to intervene about 30 seconds in was maybe security, trying to keep a handle on things before the uniform showed up.

therock likes this.
  7. Nick

I think the guy who came in and choked the pink shirt guy out may have been security the more I watch it back. Either that, or he was just a guest who is trained to handle those situations for their regular job.

Joel, SeventyOne and Spaulding like this.
  8. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I don't think any of them were plain clothes security because none of them interact with the obvious security when they show up.

Coasted and Nick like this.
  9. amityboattours

amityboattours Premium Member

Very sad. Imagine what goes on behind closed doors if that guy is comfortable to act like that in public. Just really, really sad.
    Twitter comments on this are full of the usual keyboard Schwarzenegger's asking why the people stood around didn’t get involved. I’ve actually encountered a situation like this before where I stepped in to stop a guy hitting a woman in a club, and what then happened is that the woman I was trying to stop being hurt then started throwing punches at me and telling me to get off her man!!
    This is why it’s better to not get involved in most situations, even if you think you’re physically capable, ensure that you and your loved ones are safe in the first instance and then get help from security/police.
    It only takes one punch to be killed.

JM-BENT, Joel, Dhdhddh and 8 others like this.
  10. Nick

In case anyone was wondering, it's being said all the women refused to press charges so no one went to jail.

snayberry and Fallow like this.
  11. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Case in point. You attack the guy hitting the women, the women don't press charges and you're the one going to jail.

JM-BENT, Joel, MrBlonde and 5 others like this.
  12. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

Also getting involved and if there is any injuries, you can get sued even if you were trying to protect someone. Best thing you can do is film and verbally defuse the situation with no physical contact.

13. IHateJumpScares

IHateJumpScares Rookie

You’re probably right but it’s a shame. 50-60 years ago someone would have stepped in and hammered the guy, and after talking to witnesses cops would have given him a handshake and sent him on his way.

therock, Andysol and fryoj like this.
  14. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

This is.... rose colored glasses to say the least.

Mods are watching this thread more than normal.

JM-BENT, Dhdhddh, RevFreako and 2 others like this.
  15. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Even worse, the video opens "mid-scene." Clearly the guy was cursing and shouting for a bit of time before that in order to inspire whomever shot this to whip their phone out and start recording. One minute, two, five, who knows? If security only gets involved once hands are thrown, they've already failed--need to be proactive with a situation like this, try to de-escalate it.

I thought the two guys in dark grey/black might be, but I couldn't see earpieces, which is the giveaway. Also I think they would've intervened when physical contact was made. I don't think the guy who choked out pink shirt was--even plain clothes have a dress code and to be blunt, I don't think he fit it. Also, he had a bubble wand in his waistband, which just would be odd. May just have been off-duty.

JM-BENT, Nick, RevFreako and 4 others like this.
  16. Kevin McCane

Kevin McCane Rookie

So true. You never know the circumstances in a situation like this. I think all of the bystanders who stepped in did everything they could by getting in front of the assailant. He was a rather large man who only seemed to get more angry as more people stepped in. The last thing anyone, including Disney, would want is that guy punching half the park in the face. I feel the worst for the children involved. I would imagine a scene like that will scar them the rest of their lives.

tankart150, JM-BENT, Dhdhddh and 6 others like this.
  17. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Just out of curiosity, would this have been handled differently here due to their power from Reedy Creek? I would assume they are reliant on Anaheim PD for this and they aren't quite as equipped as we would be here.

Also after just being there, I can attest that Toon Town was pretty devoid of guests as well as cast members, especially anyone that I would consider security.

18. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Hell, theres plenty of places today that the guy in pink would have got laid out and no one would have said a word to the person who did it. The guy in the red backpack pretty much went in and choked the guy down and walked away. You could tell he was ready to take him back down if he tried to get up.

But overall, yeah, major security fail here.

therock and Andysol like this.
  19. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Disneyland security has always been slower than molasses if not completely non-existent at times. I used to have to deal with drunk belligerent guests on a daily basis and we'd be lucky if they came 30 minutes after notifying them of a bad situation.

tankart150, Dhdhddh and marip123 like this.
  20. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

Interesting how Disney security does nothing at the end. Are they not even allowed to handcuff him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.