What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fight At Disneyland Caught On Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... wow. Lots of thoughts and feelings after seeing that.

Also, as a reminder, this isn't something to make light of. This is far and away beyond the run of the mill "stupid guest" story that normally comes out of the parks. This involved a heavy dose of domestic violence to multiple people who couldn't fight back in front of a crowd that seemed horrified and an incredibly slow reaction by Disneyland Security. Three women got, for all intents and purposes, sucker-punched in this video (mostly by one man - who had to be dragged off of beating up a woman senseless by park goers).

Umm... wow. Lots of thoughts and feelings after seeing that.

Also, as a reminder, this isn't something to make light of. This is far and away beyond the run of the mill "stupid guest" story that normally comes out of the parks. This involved a heavy dose of domestic violence to multiple people who couldn't fight back in front of a crowd that seemed horrified and an incredibly slow reaction by Disneyland Security. Three women got, for all intents and purposes, sucker-punched in this video (mostly by one man - who had to be dragged off of beating up a woman senseless by park goers).

I’m assuming that any Disney employee who isn’t security can’t do a thing in a situation like this?

I’m assuming that any Disney employee who isn’t security can’t do a thing in a situation like this?

Most places work that way.
Yes, and even then Security can only do so much as they have to defer to the Police.But at least the situation defused once security got there. The problem was how long it took them to get there.

It took 3.5 minutes of that dude in the Pink shirt b**** slapping everyone in his family or whoever that was that was involved. It shouldn't take that long for security to respond to something that got so extremely beyond World Star levels out-of-hand and in a very, very public setting.

Does Disney use plain clothes security? I wondered if the big bald guy who tried to intervene about 30 seconds in was maybe security, trying to keep a handle on things before the uniform showed up.

Does Disney use plain clothes security? I wondered if the big bald guy who tried to intervene about 30 seconds in was maybe security, trying to keep a handle on things before the uniform showed up.
I think the guy who came in and choked the pink shirt guy out may have been security the more I watch it back. Either that, or he was just a guest who is trained to handle those situations for their regular job.

Very sad. Imagine what goes on behind closed doors if that guy is comfortable to act like that in public. Just really, really sad.
Twitter comments on this are full of the usual keyboard Schwarzenegger's asking why the people stood around didn’t get involved. I’ve actually encountered a situation like this before where I stepped in to stop a guy hitting a woman in a club, and what then happened is that the woman I was trying to stop being hurt then started throwing punches at me and telling me to get off her man!!
This is why it’s better to not get involved in most situations, even if you think you’re physically capable, ensure that you and your loved ones are safe in the first instance and then get help from security/police.
It only takes one punch to be killed.

Very sad. Imagine what goes on behind closed doors if that guy is comfortable to act like that in public. Just really, really sad.
Twitter comments on this are full of the usual keyboard Schwarzenegger's asking why the people stood around didn’t get involved. I’ve actually encountered a situation like this before where I stepped in to stop a guy hitting a woman in a club, and what then happened is that the woman I was trying to stop being hurt then started throwing punches at me and telling me to get off her man!!
This is why it’s better to not get involved in most situations, even if you think you’re physically capable, ensure that you and your loved ones are safe in the first instance and then get help from security/police.
In case anyone was wondering, it's being said all the women refused to press charges so no one went to jail.

Case in point. You attack the guy hitting the women, the women don't press charges and you're the one going to jail.

Also getting involved and if there is any injuries, you can get sued even if you were trying to protect someone. Best thing you can do is film and verbally defuse the situation with no physical contact.

Also getting involved and if there is any injuries, you can get sued even if you were trying to protect someone. Best thing you can do is film and verbally defuse the situation with no physical contact.

You’re probably right but it’s a shame. 50-60 years ago someone would have stepped in and hammered the guy, and after talking to witnesses cops would have given him a handshake and sent him on his way.

It took 3.5 minutes of that dude in the Pink shirt b**** slapping everyone in his family or whoever that was that was involved. It shouldn't take that long for security to respond to something that got so extremely beyond World Star levels out-of-hand and in a very, very public setting.

Even worse, the video opens "mid-scene." Clearly the guy was cursing and shouting for a bit of time before that in order to inspire whomever shot this to whip their phone out and start recording. One minute, two, five, who knows? If security only gets involved once hands are thrown, they've already failed--need to be proactive with a situation like this, try to de-escalate it.

I think the guy who came in and choked the pink shirt guy out may have been security the more I watch it back. Either that, or he was just a guest who is trained to handle those situations for their regular job.

I thought the two guys in dark grey/black might be, but I couldn't see earpieces, which is the giveaway. Also I think they would've intervened when physical contact was made. I don't think the guy who choked out pink shirt was--even plain clothes have a dress code and to be blunt, I don't think he fit it. Also, he had a bubble wand in his waistband, which just would be odd. May just have been off-duty.

So true. You never know the circumstances in a situation like this. I think all of the bystanders who stepped in did everything they could by getting in front of the assailant. He was a rather large man who only seemed to get more angry as more people stepped in. The last thing anyone, including Disney, would want is that guy punching half the park in the face. I feel the worst for the children involved. I would imagine a scene like that will scar them the rest of their lives.

Just out of curiosity, would this have been handled differently here due to their power from Reedy Creek? I would assume they are reliant on Anaheim PD for this and they aren't quite as equipped as we would be here.

Also after just being there, I can attest that Toon Town was pretty devoid of guests as well as cast members, especially anyone that I would consider security.

You’re probably right but it’s a shame. 50-60 years ago someone would have stepped in and hammered the guy, and after talking to witnesses cops would have given him a handshake and sent him on his way.

Hell, theres plenty of places today that the guy in pink would have got laid out and no one would have said a word to the person who did it. The guy in the red backpack pretty much went in and choked the guy down and walked away. You could tell he was ready to take him back down if he tried to get up.

But overall, yeah, major security fail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.