Flintstones Carnival Games | Inside Universal Forums

Flintstones Carnival Games

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only thing I'm a fan of is the BBQ and the BBQ building as it always looked cool! Ill be sad to see that go but can't say I'm surprised. I hope this will prompt the return of the T-Rex BBQ or another BBQ location....

Any hints if the games will be stored, rethemed, and moved to Super Silly Funland?

I had a strong feeling the games would be moved to SSFL, but why would they do that now? Have they even broken ground in the former Coke Zone area? I would've thought that they'd do the heavy duty stuff (play areas, ride) before putting in the carnival games.

Only thing I'm a fan of is the BBQ and the BBQ building as it always looked cool! Ill be sad to see that go but can't say I'm surprised. I hope this will prompt the return of the T-Rex BBQ or another BBQ location....

Any hints if the games will be stored, rethemed, and moved to Super Silly Funland?
SSFL won't get many carnival games, certainly not as much as Flintstones has now.

Basically my thoughts. I have never paid attention to any of the games and I don't like the food at the BBQ much compared to the food elsewhere in the park, but I love how the actual building looks! That's all I'm going to miss.

I'm not sure about the restaurant, since I've always differentiated Flintstones BBQ and the games.

How soon are we talking, as far as the removal of the games?
I'd be very surprised if they make it to early October, and I'd be shocked if they're still around come December.

Here's my question: what's replacing the Flinstones games and BBQ? Additional Universal Plaza buildings or will it all just be cleared to have more open space in that area? Or maybe it'll be replaced by something Simpsons related, considering almost every Simpsons cast member told me yesterday they're pretty sure we're getting some things from Florida's Springfield....

I'm really hoping for some Springfield!!! I know I'm in the minority, but I'll be pretty stoked if and or when we get it!

Reactions: William
Here's my question: what's replacing the Flinstones games and BBQ? Additional Universal Plaza buildings or will it all just be cleared to have more open space in that area?
For the most part it's clearing up space while carnival games go... elsewhere. However the BBQ is staying put for a little bit. Just a little!

The Upper Lot feels really crammed now that SOS crowds are here with all this construction. I'll be glad to see that area opened up.

Also, very glad to hear that even employees are pretty sure of Springfield elements!

I too think that the removal of the games is to clear up space. I can imagine the masses of people wanting to go from WWoHP to Despicable Me and vice versa. Very smart move, I could not STAND the Flintstones carnival games. They just looked and felt cheap.

Reactions: William