Free or Discounted Universal Tickets | Inside Universal Forums

Free or Discounted Universal Tickets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 13, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Hellow fellow Universalers!!! (If that's even a word)

I have a Aps for me & the family. But what if I would like to bring along a friend or 2, but without having to pay full price for there admission as well?

So if you experienced theme parkers out there could give some secret tips & tricks on how to score free or discounted tickets, that'd be great!

The only 2 ways that I know of for getting free tickets is to either attend a time share presentation for several hours, (which Ive done before.), or to be on the look out for a chance to win free tickets in those promotions they have on certain items you can buy at the store ex- Coca Cola, Zephryhills, etc.

So what are some other ways to get free or discounted tickets that arent known to the "common theme park goer"?

The only way I know to get discounted tickets is, for Florida residents, buying the tickets online at a lower price; or with your Preferred or Premier AP, you can get 10% off single-day tickets, or 15% off multi-day tickets (up to 6 tickets).

Then, this is a VERY long shot, but you can visit the Universal Orlando web site, and many times you'll get a pop-up that offers you to take a survey. If you do, you can enter for a chance to win theme park tickets. You never know :shrug:

Or, you can always befriend a team member to get your friends in :lol: If I am not mistaken, TMs get a few free tickets throughout the year for friends and family.

Hmmm, might have to look into the TM idea, I'm sure I can think of some ways of bartering something in return for them doing me that favor.

Also, it would be cool if they had cheaper tickets after a certain time of the day, like a couple of hours before closing, kind of how like after a certain time in the evening, parking is free. But Im sure that wouldnt be smart business, as Im sure alot of people would be thinking, "Well, there's only 1 or 2 rides I really like anyway, let's just go later & get in for cheaper." & they'd probably lose alot of money.

After doing some more searching, I found what I thaught was a pretty good deal. I saw that Universal had an annual weekday pass with all weekends blacked out for Fl residents for
$112, which is cheaper than a 1 day, 2 park ticket at $123, but right now its not listed on the official site, just the blackout dates from last year. So did they dicontinue this, or are they only available at certain times of the year?

I also seen people state that admission is free after 6pm for Fl residents, but I dont know if they are just confusing the fact that PARKING is free after 6pm, does anyone know if this is true?

Even if I cant get free admission for an extra guest, I'm just trying to find the best economical option & try & stay in the $100 or less range if possible to be able to bring an extra person to both parks in 1 day.

I'm not sure about the weekday pass - I only see the power, preferred, and premier passes listed on the website.

It is only parking that is free after 6:00 PM. ;)