Furious 7 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Furious 7

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow! You all really hate Tokyo Drift that bad?!?! :rofl: Maybe you all had some bad sushi or something?

I will admit I didn't fully appreciate Tokyo Drift until I watched it a couple of times. But I would say Fast 7 is a tie for 3rd with Fast 6.

I will say one thing that bothered me was the fact that you could really see the age difference in Lucas Black and Vin Diesel from the ending of Tokyo Drift to the beginning of Fast 7. Couldn't they have done a little bit better sfx to make those sequences seem a little more seamless?

I'd go..

1. Fast Five
2. Furious 7
3. Furious 6
4. The Fast and the Furious
5. 2 Fast 2 Furious
6. Tokyo Drift
7. Fast & Furious

Wow! You all really hate Tokyo Drift that bad?!?! :rofl: Maybe you all had some bad sushi or something?

I will admit I didn't fully appreciate Tokyo Drift until I watched it a couple of times. But I would say Fast 7 is a tie for 3rd with Fast 6.

The first one is classic and it is an awesome representation of the movie culture at the time. The plot had been done before but it was a nice original take and was fairly well based in reality. Rather than looking at timelessness, I appreciate this film moreso than five because it is a movie-sized representation of the culture in the late 90's early 2000's.

Fast five was probably the most well rounded imo. It's going to be like one of those action flicks from the 80's and 90's you must see. They nailed shifting the series (hehe), evolving it into a heisty action flick. The action was over the top, but smart and albiet improbable, not completely entirely impossible, Lots of physical effects and fairly original stunts. . You got to see the anti-heroes progress into being actual heroes.

I cant forgive 6 for the finale runway scene. Have anyone of you actually played with a piece of aircraft grade aluminum? Good luck trying to drive a car through it, seriously. also, runways arent 25 miles long... Other than that it was pretty solid for what it was, but I feel it strayed to far from its roots. Seven had a little bit more in the way of going back to the roots of the series while progressing the story, and the send off was great... But the action became far too over the top and CGI-tastic for me to consider it anywhere near the best in the series.

Tokyo drift is actually pretty an awesome car culture flick for those into it such things. Some good stunts. My problem is the plot "problem-child country accent american white guy goes into a different culture as a punishment and finds redemption in dominating it by doing what landed him there in the first place, and the other culture and their most powerful gang leader allowed it to happen"... I mean, It's not the worse plot in existence but I feel like they didnt give his character enough redemption and give him a meaningful goal to accomplish. You honestly think he would go into a gangster's lair after causing all those problems and walk out alive by asking to race? Lucas black was terrible in it. Hahn was the most interesting character and they killed him, which made me feel resentment towards the main character. The racing was awesome... But the finale on CGI mountain fell flat for me. The most exciting part was the opening race and the Vin Diesel cameo. Bow wow was pretty funny...

Fast 4, They killed Letty, then the two main characters brutally murder the character we found out actually let her live... despite that whole new opened can of worms fast 4 was a great step in the right direction... But it wasn't as solid as five. When this came out, I had this right under 1 as the best, then 2, then Tokyo.

Two fast was cool because it introduced the camp factor to the series. Tyrese was great for the comedic factor... and again it has that dated feel that works for it and puts it in a place and a time that makes it cool. Lots of physical stunts, and they didn't abandon the roots of the series despite missing one of the main characters, they managed to continue and build the story. This film was monumental to the series because it redeemed the buster and gave us a connection we might have been missing at the end of the first, despite the redeeming moment where Walker gave Vin the keys. I feel without it, 3 could have ended the series. It was a proper sequel that helped take what should have been a one-off flick and turn it into a series. If you replaced 2 with 3, We DEFINITELY wouldn't even give two ****'s about the movies today and there wouldn't be a 7 and talks of a final 3 films or much less theme park attractions. I feel two is under appreciated.

Finally saw the movie tonight. It's good, but doesn't hold a candle to the last 2. Justin Lin needs to return, the last act of the movie went on for too long. I'd rank them 5>6>7>4>1>3>2.

my rankings:

1. Fast five
2. Fast & furious 6
3. Furious 7
4. Fast & furious
5. The fast and the furious
6. The fast and the furious: Tokyo drift
7. 2 fast 2 furious

but there is a big disparity between #3 & #4, moreso between #4 & #5

this!

1. Furious 7
2. 2 fast 2 furious
3. Fast & furious 6
4. Fast and Furious
5. Fast Five
6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo drift
7. The Fast and the Furious 1

Yes, I'm the odd one...I thought 2F2F was a good movie, because it didn't take itself too seriously...it was just trying to be fun. I actually didn't like the first one because it tried to be way too serious and had TONS and TONS of inconsistencies, mistakes and badly researched information about import tuning.

By the 4th movie, they started to get into more diverse and better plots that led up to this part of the series.