Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Intamin launched bike coaster complete with sidecars? Should we be looking at Taron at Phantasialand for a better clue and the Mack for a different IP? Maybe a HTTYD clone since that IP is now Comcast owned will be built elsewhere (3rd gate?). That would cut costs. If the Screamscape rumor is true, that would make a better "eye for a eye" replacemet for Dragon Challenge while ditching inversions for perceived family friendliness.

latest

Anywho, looks like Mack is making something interesting for Silver Dollar City the may or may not have a dive element,spinning cars, and multiple launches and inversions or all 4.

Reactions: Scott W.
\
Anywho, looks like Mack is making something interesting for Silver Dollar City the may or may not have a dive element,spinning cars, and multiple launches and inversions or all 4.
Off-topic, but we'll find out in a month. Theyve come out publicly and said its the biggest project theyve ever had at SDC with the biggest budget by far. I was there in May and the queue building is HUGE- 5 stories huge.

Off-topic, but we'll find out in a month. Theyve come out publicly and said its the biggest project theyve ever had at SDC with the biggest budget by far. I was there in May and the queue building is HUGE- 5 stories huge.

SDC is basically my home park. It's the closest to NWA and we have had passes for years. Give me a giga or hyper out and back after this and I'm happy but would like another woodie.

So show scenes with AAs?

According to Screamscape:

"From the little I know so far about it, it sounds like it will continue to use the Forbidden Forest theme and feature stops for show scenes to play out (much like Gringotts) where you would have encounters with various creatures. I’m also hearing that it will feature forward and backwards track sections as well, which should prove to be a fun new feature."

According to Screamscape:

"From the little I know so far about it, it sounds like it will continue to use the Forbidden Forest theme and feature stops for show scenes to play out (much like Gringotts) where you would have encounters with various creatures. I’m also hearing that it will feature forward and backwards track sections as well, which should prove to be a fun new feature."
Hoping the stopping like Gringotts is only
Similar on the stopping part. Putting another screen based ride when taking out the coaster isn't going to go well no matter how good the ride is.

No, that was me saying "I'm not getting into this conversation for the 7 billionth time"
Sorry. Didn't mean it as I'm against them as I enjoy every screen ride at Universal. Was more so the past rumors saying this is going against that and I interpreted your comments another way.

Sorry about that. Moving on.

Sorry. Didn't mean it as I'm against them as I enjoy every screen ride at Universal. Was more so the past rumors saying this is going against that and I interpreted your comments another way.

Sorry about that. Moving on.

All good. I was gonna do the "rolls eyes" emoji, but that'd come off too mean haha

EDIT: Also, I'm hoping this isn't a screen ride, FWIW. But I'll take anything that's an upgrade over Dragons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.