Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up -- "the" remakes? Are you speculating that there will be remakes soon or is this actually a discussion that's currently happening?

I can see a recast Cursed Child movie, and heck maybe they'll just unload dump trucks of money on the trio's doorsteps?

Just speculating. Not anytime soon. Maybe in 10 or 15 years. What I would really like is an animated series on Netflix that could follow the books closer. My preference would be 1 episode = 1 chapter without regard for episode length.

DC needs a more interactive queue to bring it up to speed with Forbidden Journey. The Goblet of Fire, Triwizard Cup, and Dragon Eggs are all randomly placed in the queue and not only fail to serve a purpose but are only seen for a few seconds because the line never backs up to that point and you only see them as you are walking by. There is no Harry Potter music playing or audio of any sort once you advance past the entrance tent. It's just a dark cavernous tunnel that doesn't speak "Potter" at all and makes anyone who remembers the old dueling dragons queue depressed since all they did was strip it clean and throw a few potter artifacts here and there. The theming should get heavier as you draw closer to the station.

The ride(s) themselves are fine but could definitely use a refurb/hulk-like track replacement. The fact that they literally kept the exact same Fire and Ice dragon vehicles from DD is pathetic. Fun ride, just doesn't make me think HP at all during 90% of the experience

Edit: Maybe they could theme the pit beneath the coasters to be the Hogwarts lake or Forbidden Forest
Hi I'm new,
My uncle works for the universal creative team and he always gives me some insight on all new rides n poop. Apparently dragon challenge will be getting a major enhancement after jimmy Fallon and will start prior to FFSC(fast furious) finishing. Both dragon trains will match hp version of the Hungarian horntail and Chines fire ball. The tracks will be replaced and brought in a solid color on the rails unlike now that they are just plain metal. Both red and blue colors of track will be changed to a darker blue and darker red matching the suttle and gloomier vibes hogsmeade has, rather than the bright aqua and red they currently have. A TON OF ROCK WORK WILL BE PLACED IN THE DRAGON CHALLENGE AREA REPLICATING THE ROCK ARENA HARRY BATTLED IN THE MOVIE. the coasters' ride time will be lengthened with NEW track additions for both, and the Hungarian horntail ride will include a special replica scene piece from the movie with its new track addition. This new track addition will begin after the drop and skip the half loop on the cfb (Chines Fire)and the bank turn in the hht (Hungarian horn) the other details to the ride other than rock work will include the cars diving under and through rock crevesis. Mist/ fog will cover the rock arena and when both cars travel up the dueling loop in the middle of both loops there will be a small rock structure w the golden egg replicating the scene in which Harry try's to catch the golden egg. As the car goes up the loop a flame of fire will appear beside the loop. THE NEW ENHANCMENTS TO DC ARE SAID TO INCLUDE SPECTACULAR PYROTECHNICS LIKE FIRE FOG AND OTHER THINGS AS WELL AS IN THE QUE THAT ARE NOT KNOWN ABOUT. THE MAIN THING WILL BE THE TRACK ELONGATION, CHANGE IN COLOR AND DESIGN WITHIN THE TRACK AND CARS, AND THE IMMPRESIVE ROCK WORK THAT THE COASTERS WILL DIVE AND GLIDE THROUGH THAT WILL COVER THE WHOLE DC AREA.

Hi I'm new,
My uncle works for the universal creative team and he always gives me some insight on all new rides n poop. Apparently dragon challenge will be getting a major enhancement after jimmy Fallon and will start prior to FFSC(fast furious) finishing. Both dragon trains will match hp version of the Hungarian horntail and Chines fire ball. The tracks will be replaced and brought in a solid color on the rails unlike now that they are just plain metal. Both red and blue colors of track will be changed to a darker blue and darker red matching the suttle and gloomier vibes hogsmeade has, rather than the bright aqua and red they currently have. A TON OF ROCK WORK WILL BE PLACED IN THE DRAGON CHALLENGE AREA REPLICATING THE ROCK ARENA HARRY BATTLED IN THE MOVIE. the coasters' ride time will be lengthened with NEW track additions for both, and the Hungarian horntail ride will include a special replica scene piece from the movie with its new track addition. This new track addition will begin after the drop and skip the half loop on the cfb (Chines Fire)and the bank turn in the hht (Hungarian horn) the other details to the ride other than rock work will include the cars diving under and through rock crevesis. Mist/ fog will cover the rock arena and when both cars travel up the dueling loop in the middle of both loops there will be a small rock structure w the golden egg replicating the scene in which Harry try's to catch the golden egg. As the car goes up the loop a flame of fire will appear beside the loop. THE NEW ENHANCMENTS TO DC ARE SAID TO INCLUDE SPECTACULAR PYROTECHNICS LIKE FIRE FOG AND OTHER THINGS AS WELL AS IN THE QUE THAT ARE NOT KNOWN ABOUT. THE MAIN THING WILL BE THE TRACK ELONGATION, CHANGE IN COLOR AND DESIGN WITHIN THE TRACK AND CARS, AND THE IMMPRESIVE ROCK WORK THAT THE COASTERS WILL DIVE AND GLIDE THROUGH THAT WILL COVER THE WHOLE DC AREA.

Sounds great if true, just seems other people said it will be starting in the next month and not waiting that far to fast and furious opening.

Hi I'm new,
0e3.png

Will the blue track be hidden from the train station as well?

Reactions: JoeCamel and Joel
Hi I'm new,

My uncle said there will be sharks with freakin laser beams on their heads.

Hi I'm new,

YEAH BUT WILL IT DUEL?
but will it duel?

Hi I'm new,

post-43223-Eddie-Murphy-Mildly-Flabbergas-fSDy.gif

Lucas - if you're real, and this is true.. next time keep your name and insider identity SECRET.. we could use people like you..

Hi I'm new,
Welcome to the OU Forums. Thanks for your input.

If what he's saying is true..this is going to be the answer to a particular European coaster called Taron.

And if you don't know what Taron is..well..

And if it is like Taron; something tells me this is a 2018 project for IOA.

In that case 2018 would pretty much be a repeat of 2016 for IoA.

New ride (Kong/SLoP) + redone coaster (Hulk/DC)

Taron looks fun as heck btw :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
I would agree, although counting USF; you could have three additions for 2018.
I did mean to put "for IoA" in there somewhere. To your other post where you mention onboard audio how about some music (obviously) plus the roar of a Dragon whenever you pass the other train?

Hi I'm new,

New rides and poop you say...

Status
Not open for further replies.