Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
16683365_1371372002915557_2112553698_n.jpg

This is the sticker on the blue/turquoise track. So it's off to China. The red one is rumoured to be for a wing coaster.
Yeah, the red clearly is not for an inverted coaster. Theres a piece that the mounts are in the location for the rollout from a drop and it's the opposite of how an inverted would be built.

And I'm kinda puzzled by that sticker. Has CSF ever put where the track was going and what type it is? We've always had to decode by the part number.

Someone is lying to someone. If this project was going to open in 2019, the design phase would be pretty much wrapped up by now.

I wouldn't rule it out though, as it's entirely possible that the reason why we didn't see that rumored DC closure last year, was that plans changed for the area. And that they have to re-adjust it.

I could also see this, as it is also going to be not a dark ride but a coaster; as previously said by
@JungleSkip and other's on the forum if I am not mistaken; so it doesn't surprise me on that level either.

I wouldn't rule it out though, as it's entirely possible that the reason why we didn't see that rumored DC closure last year, was that plans changed for the area. And that they have to re-adjust it.

I could also see this, as it is also going to be not a dark ride but a coaster; as previously said by
@JungleSkip and other's on the forum if I am not mistaken; so it doesn't surprise me on that level either.

But for a 2019 opening?

That's over 32 months from now.

For this project, I'd expect at least 6 months for demolition and depending on what the final design is, if it's a dark ride, that's a lot of land to flatten.

What I'm saying, is if this is going to open in roughly 2 1/2 years, they already have the design's done. Blueprints drawn and stamped, and Rowling and WB's signatures on everything. 2 1/2 years would be a rush, especially if they have 6 months of demo. They aren't going to start tearing down DC without an exact plan in place. This isn't like F&F where they(if you believe rumors) can just stop and redesign midstream. If they are planning anything with that property, Rowling has seen the concept art and detailed descriptions already. So, with the tight window that the OP suggested, and with the property we are discussing, no way the design work wouldn't be done already.

Also, would they be hiring new people on to handle their most important property? Or would they use the people that have worked on the previous WWOHP projects to maintain consistency? The whole thing sounds like bs. Either the OP, his friend, or whoever told the friend, is not telling the whole truth.

Reactions: Andysol
What I'm saying, is if this is going to open in roughly 2 1/2 years, they already have the design's done. Blueprints drawn and stamped, and Rowling and WB's signatures on everything. 2 1/2 years would be a rush, especially if they have 6 months of demo. They aren't going to start tearing down DC without an exact plan in place. This isn't like F&F where they(if you believe rumors) can just stop and redesign midstream. If they are planning anything with that property, Rowling has seen the concept art and detailed descriptions already. So, with the tight window that the OP suggested, and with the property we are discussing, no way the design work wouldn't be done already.

Also, would they be hiring new people on to handle their most important property? Or would they use the people that have worked on the previous WWOHP projects to maintain consistency? The whole thing sounds like bs. Either the OP, his friend, or whoever told the friend, is not telling the whole truth.

It could be to fix out the final details but I'm with you. I can't see them employing somebody for just that, this would be the work for a consultant.

Even if somebody did go to an interview, there is zero chance they would say what it's for before employing them and if they did, you can guarantee that they would have to sign an NDA before a word was said.

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
That's over 32 months from now.

For this project, I'd expect at least 6 months for demolition and depending on what the final design is, if it's a dark ride, that's a lot of land to flatten.

^This. If it's scheduled to open for 2019 expect the coasters to leave and for the park to upcycle the station/maintenance bay areas.

My guess. Enclosed indoor heavily themed coaster with a smaller footprint than DC which leaves room for a smaller second attraction plus other buildings. . Just putting together all the info out there that would match what I heard from an insider about six months ago.

Last edited:
My guess. Enclosed indoor heavily themed coaster with a smaller footprint than DC which leaves room for a smaller second attraction plus other buildings. . Just putting together all the info out there that would match what I heard from an insider about six months ago.

I really think this as well! The park gets to maximize the foot print, but more importantly (imo) make the ride ultra themed. I've read alot of speculation about how UC could do this or that in terms of physical location to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, but this way they could easily make the distance however close or far they need. Have a nice lit up Hogwarts in the background, a lit up Hogsmeade off in the distance (I'm assuming it will be the FF and its at night) maybe a large full moon in the sky. After seeing some of those promo shots from the WB tour in London, I cant imagine that's not a preview into whats coming.

I think it's been mentioned in the other thread about if Universal will ever build a large coaster like Hulk or DC again but I imagine the sole reason that Universal will go down the indoor route over a bigger outdoor coaster will be because of weather. They don't want a huge people eater that's out of operation for a few hours a day during the busy rainy season.

Status
Not open for further replies.