Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
I hate to break it to you… but we’re a news outlet, that happens to have a forum… :lol:
Lol sorry, I know that. I meant to show that there would be a difference between having a single forum on here that would update with any changes and what they did with weekly articles that often had no changes from one to another.

Small update from this week:

- All of the problems from my last update are still there with some minor exceptions.
- The stegosaurs are working again. They both have full ranges of motion but are very stiff and slow.
- The compys are playing tug-o-war again.

Thankfully nothing else broke but not much got fixed either. Overall I’d call it a net zero improvement, but we’re making progress…. slowly!

If they’re actually going through with some work like this, why are they keeping the ride open in a hindered state? They should close it like Japan is doing, redo everything they want, and give it a nice grand-reopening! The fact that Japan is doing the renovation but keeping the JP theme is very telling that Uni is still willing to invest in the original theming, so fingers crossed that orlando will make some similar changes!

Let’s be realistic for a second and guesstimate how much a full refurbishment of let’s Mummy’s caliber would cost ?

Are they willing to close down a premier attraction for 6 months or more when you have summer crowds and the busy fall holiday season as well ???

Let’s be realistic for a second and guesstimate how much a full refurbishment of let’s Mummy’s caliber would cost ?

Are they willing to close down a premier attraction for 6 months or more when you have summer crowds and the busy fall holiday season as well ???
Not to mention limited time merch, food and beverage to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the film the ride is based on this summer.

IDK if I'm just optimistic, but now that almost all universal parks with JP rides(besides Singapore) have either completed new rides or are starting refurbishments, a long refurbishment to bring this ride into the 21st century seems inevitable. This isn't Pirates of the Caribbean. We want it to feel like the dinosaurs will eat the tourists....

I've been busy and kind of out of the loop, so I just recently saw the state of the lagoon scene and it is sad to see. This ride was one THE premier attractions when IoA opened and the condition it is in, is just pathetic. I love this ride (if my username didn't make that obvious), and I understand that animatronics and water are hard to maintain, but they have to try. This is an amazing ride and deserves to be upkept and stick around.

I know that Jurassic World is the more modern IP and the retheme in Hollywood is pretty great looking, but at the end of the day, I think Jurassic Park is the timeless IP. In a perfect world, I would love to see this ride go down for an extended refurbishment to bring it back up to where it should (and plussed), while keeping the Jurassic Park theme. And as an even longer shot, I'd love to see Jurassic World Adventure... but with a Jurassic Park theme.

I know none of that will happen in our now hybrid Jurassic Park/World land, but I can dream...

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re getting a full rebuild at this point. How long has it been gone? 3 months?
Since the refurb earlier this year.

I truly hope things are in motion behind-the-scenes.

The ride should not be open in this condition.
It's like the Madame Leota scene in HM was surrounded by a tarp. That's how vital the scene is to the attraction.

I've been busy and kind of out of the loop, so I just recently saw the state of the lagoon scene and it is sad to see. This ride was one THE premier attractions when IoA opened and the condition it is in, is just pathetic. I love this ride (if my username didn't make that obvious), and I understand that animatronics and water are hard to maintain, but they have to try. This is an amazing ride and deserves to be upkept and stick around.

I know that Jurassic World is the more modern IP and the retheme in Hollywood is pretty great looking, but at the end of the day, I think Jurassic Park is the timeless IP. In a perfect world, I would love to see this ride go down for an extended refurbishment to bring it back up to where it should (and plussed), while keeping the Jurassic Park theme. And as an even longer shot, I'd love to see Jurassic World Adventure... but with a Jurassic Park theme.

I know none of that will happen in our now hybrid Jurassic Park/World land, but I can dream...

You're not the only one to notice.

309k views

Maybe this is the wake-up call that uni needs. Right now they’re taking a Yeti approach to the state of river adventure. They think that only the die-hards can tell how much is broken and the GP will not even realize that they’re getting a hundred experience. It’s gotten to the point now where the masses are starting to notice because of how obvious the broken effects are becoming. Poseidon Entertainment is a great start, hopefully other channels will start reporting too so that the GP will notice and start to complain about it

Maybe this is the wake-up call that uni needs. Right now they’re taking a Yeti approach to the state of river adventure. They think that only the die-hards can tell how much is broken and the GP will not even realize that they’re getting a hundred experience. It’s gotten to the point now where the masses are starting to notice because of how obvious the broken effects are becoming. Poseidon Entertainment is a great start, hopefully other channels will start reporting too so that the GP will notice and start to complain about it

I'm willing to bet they fully are aware of the issues but putting fire under them to follow through is good. JPRA seems to not be living up to the show standards of a $120+ per day theme park.