Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn't even know that moved to begin with. How long has it been broken?

It has been working sporadically since the ride opened. I talked to a team member there who has worked the attraction since it opened and he explained that the previous mechanism for this attraction was faulty, and that every time they repaired it, the sign would only work for 3 or 4 days then it would stop moving. So two weeks ago they finally took the sign apart and replaced everything, so now it only moves in circles instead of leaning out and in and in circles.

Overall if this is a permanent fix, then a big kudos to the engineer who finally took ownership.

Well I looked through the archives, and this was the only thread with Shrek 4D on the title. So unless anyone wants to revive the many "next ride to go" threads, I think this is the best thread to complain about Shrek 4D the ride.

So my view with Shrek 4D is that it wasn't the worst ride I went on back in June, in fact I think it has one of the best preshows in UOR. However, Production Central is in the middle of a long makeover, and Shrek 4D could be gone for a fresh, new ride in the coming years. I could be gone next year, or it could be in ten years, but that is the case due to the lack of relevance now and in the future.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
so the sign has been down AGAIN for a while after it last fixed. its gone for good now.

ALSO i just watched the shrek 4D video on Netflix. they cut out the 3D reference donkey makes right before they bust through the gingerbread house

Last edited:
That kinda makes sense. It would be really weird to hear that line when you are not watching it in 3D.

of course it makes senese. that wasnt my point. my point was that someone made an effort when releasing it on netflix. its the only ride film available outside of the ride. I think it just proves how worthless it is.

of course it makes senese. that wasnt my point. my point was that someone made an effort when releasing it on netflix. its the only ride film available outside of the ride. I think it just proves how worthless it is.

I apologize for missing your point, and I agree, and have agreed for a long while. :lol:

I remember seeing this ride video in my living room when I was 9 years old. It's more of a 3D movie ride than a simulator. It's like Mickey's PhilharMagic at Disney, but I prefer a simulator ride where you feel apart of the ride.

I agree that the preshow for Shrek is really good, but the show itself is just so lame considering it can be watched at home. I wonder what it will become if Universal decides to change it sometime soon :shrug:

I agree that the preshow for Shrek is really good, but the show itself is just so lame considering it can be watched at home. I wonder what it will become if Universal decides to change it sometime soon :shrug:

That might be the problem. Exactly what can possibly go in there? I think a lot of old school fans would want Hitchcock back, or something similar. But right now the focus is Transformers and Potter, unless they want to replace Shrek before Potter opens. If you ask me, I think anything that involves cast member interaction just like Jaws or something of that nature would be great.

That might be the problem. Exactly what can possibly go in there? I think a lot of old school fans would want Hitchcock back, or something similar. But right now the focus is Transformers and Potter, unless they want to replace Shrek before Potter opens. If you ask me, I think anything that involves cast member interaction just like Jaws or something of that nature would be great.

I'd love to have Hitchcock back. but we all know thats not going to happen. Honestly they will probably just replace it with another 4D movie and ill just be upset that I'm staring at another screen.

I'd be happy with an experience like hitchcock though. Show me how things are done and let me experience them.

Exactly, and they do have space in that soundstage for something like Hitchcock. Lets not forget they have a second theater in the soundstage. But I just can't see why replacing a 4D movie with another 4D movie is a good move, if that happens. Now if Transformers does come to USF, then once Shrek 4D is gone they would have to do something different. They would have 5 simulator/theater rides by 2013, which is too much for some people.

I'd love to have Hitchcock back. but we all know thats not going to happen. Honestly they will probably just replace it with another 4D movie and ill just be upset that I'm staring at another screen.

I'd be happy with an experience like hitchcock though. Show me how things are done and let me experience them.

I'm still upset that they got rid of Hitchcock. My favorite memories of the park from when I first went were from that show. I like the Shrek movies but they are not classic like Hitchcock's.

When Shrek first opened there was only one theater. Now there are two. I don't know how they direct traffic because I only "ride" it once every couple of years.

What do you mean by this? Are there two pre show rooms? I have always wondered since I thought I saw one on the opposite side of the soundstage once while standing in line back there.

Yes, there are two pre-shows, as well as two theaters. You might have heard them referred to as Castle One and Castle Two by a TM.

Yes, there are two pre-shows, as well as two theaters. You might have heard them referred to as Castle One and Castle Two by a TM.

Wow what a shock! I have been going on this ride since it first opened and this is the first I'm hearing of this. I mean I saw that entrance back there a couple years ago but never put two and two together. After all these years I was never once directed into that theater. They must use it when the park reaches really high capacity. I'm truly shocked. Anyone ever been in it?