Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

Aside the fact that second rate theme parks literally had the same ride?

Aside the fact that the video for the ride was literally on Netflix?

Say what you want about Fallon, Fear Factor, or F&F, at least they offered something you couldn't get elsewhere.
I understand, but the execution of Shrek (preshow) makes the attraction. Yes, you CAN see the same film other places, but most people haven't.

I would prioritize Kid Zone, Fear Factor, Toon Lagoon Amphitheater, and Sinbad Theater far higher than Shrek as NEEDED upgrades. Shrek sells merchandise and is owned by Universal. It does decently in guest satisfaction scores. The others are dead space or under utilized. Fix the truly broken things first, then upgrade the things that could be stronger.

I understand, but the execution of Shrek (preshow) makes the attraction. Yes, you CAN see the same film other places, but most people haven't.

I would prioritize Kid Zone, Fear Factor, Toon Lagoon Amphitheater, and Sinbad Theater far higher than Shrek as NEEDED upgrades. Shrek sells merchandise and is owned by Universal. It does decently in guest satisfaction scores. The others are dead space or under utilized. Fix the truly broken things first, then upgrade the things that could be stronger.
It's also an all ages attraction, which tbh, USF doesn't have many of right now. If it was replaced by SLoP, that would be the same, but the point is that TOURISTS like it. Contrary to what people like to say about the IP on here, people really love Shrek still.

It's also an all ages attraction, which tbh, USF doesn't have many of right now. If it was replaced by SLoP, that would be the same, but the point is that TOURISTS like it. Contrary to what people like to say about the IP on here, people really love Shrek still.
I don’t think Shrek itself is them problem at all. The problem is the seats are so bad it distracts from the film, the film itself is just okay, and it’s not the greatest use of the IP.
Shrek isn’t the issue. Shrek: 4-D is the issue.

Well, the pre-show is funny imho and the meet and greet is up there in the best Universal has to offer (and I find that standard very high). I wish ip's that are animated features have real rides like Slop. It's tough to do humans in AA format but these animated characters are lovely as AA.

Well, the pre-show is funny imho and the meet and greet is up there in the best Universal has to offer (and I find that standard very high). I wish ip's that are animated features have real rides like Slop. It's tough to do humans in AA format but these animated characters are lovely as AA.
Moving forward I expect them too, remember that Shrek was pre-Potter.

I don't think anyone would say this is the worst thing in the world but everyone can see its in a prime location for the park with a building that could house an actual ride of some sorts. I think thats the main issue.

My main issue here is the seats ruin it for me. So damn loud lol

I think theme parks are getting better with human AAs as well. That Hagrid AA is pretty fantastic!

They should move Shrek and other Dreamworks properties to Kids Zone and turn the front of the park into Illuminations. Build Far Far Away land castle with a new film and ride inside.

They should move Shrek and other Dreamworks properties to Kids Zone and turn the front of the park into Illuminations. Build Far Far Away land castle with a new film and ride inside.
I agree with just the bolded part. SLOP could replace Shrek, and they could run an outdoor Sing show on their existing stage. The Monster Cafe would get an illumination retheme, perhaps in line with what's coming to Beijing. Call it "Illumination Way" as the land.