Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still not sure how they'd fit a dark ride longer than 2 minutes in the Shrek plot...Anyone have an idea of how the layout is going to work?
Nine scenes(rooms) snakes through the second floor. Five person trackless RV moves pretty quickly with a lot of change in moves. Two RV's launched in tandem. Apx. 4 minute in length with a massive apx. 2,000 per hour capacity. Primarily sets & AA's, some AA's mobile. ...It's a perfect alternative and breath of fresh air to all the screen dominated newer attractions at Universal & Disney. ....Pre shows are sets & AA's also.

Last edited:
Nine scenes(rooms) snakes through the second floor. Five person trackless RV moves pretty quickly with a lot of change in moves. Two RV's launched in tandem. Apx. 4 minute in length with a massive apx. 2,000 per hour capacity. Primarily sets & AA's, some AA's mobile. ...It's a perfect alternative and breath of fresh air to all the screen dominated newer attractions at Universal & Disney. ....Pre shows are sets & AA's also.
With a 1 minute load/unload that is 16+ sets of vehicles on the course at one time to get 2K per hour? Is that right?

2 stories. Queue is the entire downstairs and the ride is the entire 2nd level.

:thumbsup: third level for overflow too, I believe

:thumbsup:

With a 1 minute load/unload that is 16+ sets of vehicles on the course at one time to get 2K per hour? Is that right?

Almost

If they launch every 1 minute, and each car holds 5 people, they'd have to launch 7 cars at a time to reach 2000 per hour. (5ppl x 60 cycles per hour x 6.6666 cars)

For the 2 cars launched in tandem to reach 2000 per hour, they'd have to launch every 18 seconds. 3600 s/hr/(2000/(2 cars x 5 ppl))

Reactions: tankart150
I find it strange that a project like SLOP (unannounced and not much progress going on) has more leaked info then Forbidden Forest.

To be fair, that SLoP is in a way; the one thing we have had acknowledgement of for a few years at this point (since IU put up the first article saying that this was a thing that is happening). And that I am not surprised at this point for that, and that they'd rather want to keep Potter quiet as much as possible to ensure the element of surprise.

Yeesh. More people will notice the voice is significantly different than even know Louis C.K. is even voicing Max (or even, dare I say, know who Louis C.K. is).

When is SLoP 2 coming out?

Will it be longer than one news cycle? Then no need to change the voice, everyone will forget with the new flavor of the week.
Here’s hoping it’s sharks again. I miss the summer of the shark.

Underground basement at Hollywood SLoP for queue overflow & maybe maintainence. Might be making up for some of that small restaurant space in Hollywood that may not be in Orlando.

:thumbsup:

That's quite similar to another nearby attraction in Hollywood...

Yeesh. More people will notice the voice is significantly different than even know Louis C.K. is even voicing Max (or even, dare I say, know who Louis C.K. is).

When is SLoP 2 coming out?

Will it be longer than one news cycle? Then no need to change the voice, everyone will forget with the new flavor of the week.
Here’s hoping it’s sharks again. I miss the summer of the shark.

These movies are not made in a vaccuum. It's still a franchise that currently exists and Illumination has been touting the sequel being made of it. It was inevitable that the finger would be pointed at them next as his "in-production" status on IMDb shrinks. It's about optics now.

If they launch every 1 minute, and each car holds 5 people, they'd have to launch 7 cars at a time to reach 2000 per hour. (5ppl x 60 cycles per hour x 6.6666 cars)

For the 2 cars launched in tandem to reach 2000 per hour, they'd have to launch every 18 seconds. 3600 s/hr/(2000/(2 cars x 5 ppl))
18 second launches.:thumbsup: you got it.

Any takers on if this will still be open come Spring 2018?
I’d say you gotta a 50/50 shot. Depends on what project Universal wants to start with first next year. I’m hearing conflicting reports about Shrek from my sources. So, who knows!

I only ever rode this once in 2012, and I don't remember it particularly standing out from other 4D Cinemas I'd done. I would personally like to see a Secret Life of Pets dark ride as I loved Secret Life of Pets when I watched it in the cinema, and I reckon Universal could do something quite special with the IP. I reckon something similar to Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris would be good. I haven't ridden Ratatouille, mind. I visited DLP in 2011 long before I became an enthusiast.