Future of the Halloween FILM/TV franchise | Inside Universal Forums

Future of the Halloween FILM/TV franchise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022
So currently there's a huge bidding war going on for the rights towards the Halloween franchise... specifically a TV series. Very interested to see what happens with this :eyes:

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
To go further in the element of TV, Malek is wanting the TV side to oddly return to the anthology concept that was pitched following Season of The Witch--disconnected from the mainline Myers films and focusing more on concepts befit of the season.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
To go further in the element of TV, Malek is wanting the TV side to oddly return to the anthology concept that was pitched following Season of The Witch--disconnected from the mainline Myers films and focusing more on concepts befit of the season.
That's the only way it would make sense but fans would get mad again

That's the only way it would make sense but fans would get mad again
I'd think it'd be an easier pill to swallow. It'd also mean going forward, TV and film are defined and separate--with films being the more "Classic" Halloween content while TV being experimental and testing of waters. A24 being involved could also palate cleanse it, especially if they allow multiple horror directors and writers have a crack for the anthology angle.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So Blumhouse doesn't own the rights?

I'd love to see A24 take on the character, and hopefully it would be a pure reboot. All new characters and setting so they aren't tied back story wise from making the best movies and shows they can

So Blumhouse doesn't own the rights?
No

I will never understand the rights to these damn franchises.

"The sequel trilogy was produced by Blumhouse Productions and released into theaters by Universal Pictures as part of a pact with Miramax from a deal with Malek Akkad’s Trancas International Films, and it looks like the ball is now back in the court of the Akkad family."

Malek Akkad’s Trancas International Films owns the rights completely for any TV related projects while MIRAMAX co-owns the film rights alongside MATI. It is slightly confusing so I get it, lol.

Too bad rob zombie destroyed any chances for a prequel. I would have liked to see something done before the first movie. But that was ruined

So like the show would be Michael after disappearing from the house at the end of the first film?

That was the best part of Halloween Kills, I hope they film it in an old school way

It'd be an interesting concept if they go with the above mentioned "anthology" style like the films were originally supposed to be.

I'm just not excited for a Halloween 4.0 TV series. That just doesn't sound appealing after 3 2 timelines & a remake.

BUT it's too soon to really judge it completely. However, I also don't see it lasting long

Make it an anthology style show, different occurrences of evil happenings on a Halloween night at some point. Give each episode a little longer run time, 45-60 mins. Have it mainly be a scary, intense series. Leave open the possibility that Michael could appear in a few episodes throughout to keep the head execs happy.

I have zero idea where you could take the story of Michael itself that would be interesting anymore.