Future WDW Additions/Expansion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Future WDW Additions/Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s sorta my point, it’s just a walkway. Add some Andy’s backyard theming to it and it could fit a small flat?
You'd struggle to fit even the Disney Springs carousel in there between queue space and the required setback from the buildings.

There’s space. Maybe they have something too large, but there is plenty space of you moved OMD somewhere else.
"There's space if you bulldoze One Man's Dream" is intrinsic in what I explained.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nico
I know Disneyland already has this sort of thing going on, but I kinda hate the idea of having Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and our first new land in decades is Radiator Springs. Just feels silly and ill-fitting in a way that I could excuse with Galaxy's Edge because Star Wars is such a cultural juggernaut. Cars just isn't. It will have been 10 years since Cars 3 in 2028 or whenever this opens.
Unless they come up with a new land name to fir BTMR, Cars and whatever else. Can be a catch-all desert land.

Reactions: Nico and saint.piss
Unless they come up with a new land name to fir BTMR, Cars and whatever else. Can be a catch-all desert land.
BTMR is Frontierland, through and through. Cars...isn't. :lmao: It totally fits in DHS as a movie-based project, but using up one of the final major chunks of the most popular theme park on Earth almost entirely on a 20 year old Cars land feels like one of the worst choices they could make personally.

I'm going with the mindset that these are wires being crossed up (like Tron going to DHS or Epcot) and Cars is going into DHS.

Even if the Dinoland carousel is themed to Coco, it'll still be fine to utilize it at MK.

Reactions: grlhowl
I'm going with the mindset that these are wires being crossed up (like Tron going to DHS or Epcot) and Cars is going into DHS.
I don't even think they should bring Cars to DHS. I hate repeating myself but like... why can't they use more relevant/newer IPs? Why do we need Cars in Florida when we could get stuff like Zootopia or something else? I just don't buy the rumor that we're getting anything Cars related in Florida. If it was like 5-7 years ago I would've, but I think we're past it ever coming.

Reactions: grlhowl and GA-MBIT
I don't even think they should bring Cars to DHS. I hate repeating myself but like... why can't they use more relevant/newer IPs? Why do we need Cars in Florida when we could get stuff like Zootopia or something else? I just don't buy the rumor that we're getting anything Cars related in Florida. If it was like 5-7 years ago I would've, but I think we're past it ever coming.
Cars merch sell very well, even nearly 20 years later.

A good indication of what Disney's mentality is can be seen by what they put out at the stores, and Cars is consistently represented at each WDW park with dedicated shelf space.

Not saying theme park attractions should be created/approved based on merchandise potential, but that's unfortunately a big part of Disney's business.

I'd love to see new stuff, and it does look like we're getting that with Encanto, but Radiator Springs has a far quicker turnaround time than designing something from the ground up.

Cars merch sell very well, even nearly 20 years later.
I still don't buy it (no pun intended), sorry. If it happens I'll bite my tongue but in my opinion something like Zootopia is going to be the big expansion at DHS. Not only does it already exist in Shanghai, we're getting a sequel next year. It makes way more sense to focus on an IP that has stuff to promote. I know a lot of people disagree with me about Zootopia coming to DHS but I'm standing firm in my opinion that it is. We'll have to wait till D23 I suppose to find out if I'm right lol

I still don't buy it (no pun intended), sorry. If it happens I'll bite my tongue but in my opinion something like Zootopia is going to be the big expansion at DHS. Not only does it already exist in Shanghai, we're getting a sequel next year. It makes way more sense to focus on an IP that has stuff to promote. I know a lot of people disagree with me about Zootopia coming to DHS but I'm standing firm in my opinion that it is. We'll have to wait till D23 I suppose to find out if I'm right lol
While Zootopia is the more relevant property... I rarely (if any) see merchandise at any of the major WDW stores. Not saying Zootopia is bad because it doesn't sell well, it's a great land, but I'd imagine Cars would move the needle more than Zootopia.

"There's space if you bulldoze One Man's Dream" is intrinsic in what I explained.
It’s the space I was talking about and it’s actually a sizable amount of space. We all know OMD could be gone within a week if they had a good Toy Story themed attraction that they wanted to build, which is what we were talking about with the Woody thing.

Reactions: Nico
While Zootopia is the more relevant property... I rarely (if any) see merchandise at any of the major WDW stores. Not saying Zootopia is bad because it doesn't sell well, it's a great land, but I'd imagine Cars would move the needle more than Zootopia.
Well I mean that's kind of an unfair comparison tho lol. The Cars merch sells well (it's funny because the only park I've seen a lot of Cars merch at besides DCA is DHS and that's because of that Racing Academy thing, overall at WDW I've seen more Zootopia related stuff I think) because it's an older IP and of course it does at DCA because of the land. If they bring Zootopia, the merch would sell just as much because it's new and they would have a more options merch wise than what they have right now because of the land.

Cars is one of the company's invaluable Walmart brands, meaning there are tons of merchandising options available at your local superstore, no matter where you are in the United States. Lightning McQueen and Mater are now evergreen characters on the level of Mickey Mouse and the Princesses. They sell billions and billions of toys. Zootopia, while a hugely successful film that could easily become a more robust franchise if the sequel performs, is currently not even in the same league.

Merch doesn't automatically sell because it's new or even because it's associated with a hot new experience. We've been down that road before. That doesn't mean they aren't considering Zootopia for the stateside parks, but if they were primarily motivated by potential spikes in merch sales (and again, they aren't), Cars would win that fight every time.

Well I mean that's kind of an unfair comparison tho lol. The Cars merch sells well (it's funny because the only park I've seen a lot of Cars merch at besides DCA is DHS and that's because of that Racing Academy thing, overall at WDW I've seen more Zootopia related stuff I think) because it's an older IP and of course it does at DCA because of the land. If they bring Zootopia, the merch would sell just as much because it's new and they would have a more options merch wise than what they have right now because of the land.

Cars sells well because kids, in general, like cars. The whole reason that franchise exists is because it was such a merch monster, despite a pretty mid BO (at least in comparison to other Pixar brands).

They sell billions and billions of toys. Zootopia, while a hugely successful film that could easily become a more robust franchise if the sequel performs, is currently not even in the same league.
I never said Cars didn't sell well. I'm aware of how successful the IP is with merchandising. But I rather they try to move forward and try getting their newer IPs to reach that level instead of doing the more "safe" option.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I never said Cars didn't sell well. I'm aware of how successful the IP is with merchandising. But I rather they try to move forward and try getting their newer IPs to reach that level instead of doing the more "safe" option.

Frankly, I think you're looking for any argument that supports your desire to see Zootopia in the stateside parks. It's perfectly fine to want Zootopia over Cars (though I don't think the decision is that binary), but let's not pretend Cars isn't extremely relevant and one of the top properties in the company's current portfolio.

Frankly, I think you're looking for any argument that supports your desire to see Zootopia in the stateside parks. It's perfectly fine to want Zootopia over Cars (though I don't think the decision is that binary)
I just want NEW things in the disney parks. Whether it's Zootopia or not I don't care, I would prefer Zootopia but if it's another IP that hasn't been in any of the state parks or even internationally, I'll take it.

I just want NEW things in the disney parks. Whether it's Zootopia or not I don't care, I would prefer Zootopia but if it's another IP that hasn't been in any of the state parks or even internationally, I'll take it.
I actually agree with you and would rather see the Zootopia land in DHS or some other new franchise represented.

Cars Lands should stay unique to DCA because it has no other defining rides like the other stateside parks do.

• Love
Reactions: saint.piss