Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

... or more Harry Potter. :grin:

After Gringotts, I was Pottered out. Losing Jaws to that ride bums me out, although everything else about Diagon is spectacular and worthy.

With the positive reviews of HMCMA, I’d like to see what else they can do - especially if it doesn’t involve screens.

Still, at what point is there enough HP? Replacing Dueling for HMCMA is a good move, but I don’t know about replacing MIB for Ministry of Magic. We still need IP diversity!

Touring Plans has Sunday rated as a 3 out of 10 for both parks... that can't be, right? I mean it's the opening weekend for the ride and it currently has a 600 minute wait on the app.

I think they base it off previous years, and it's the first sunday after opening so it would most likely be busier than a 3/10.

Can we edit the title of the two Hagrids Discussions to put "General Discussion" and "Reviews" first before Hagrids Magical Creatures....?

It's so hard keeping track of the discussions today. Especially once reviews get posted. Switching between tabs on Mobile only shows Hagrid's Magical Creature Moterbike Adve... before getting cut off. And then you have to scroll all the way up to find out which discussion you're viewing.

On the desktop side bar under recent posts you only see Hagrid's Magical Creature... so you can't tell until you click on it which discussion it is.

Just a thought, I think it will make it less confusing on here today.

Great suggestion we’re looking into it.

Universal was smart to open this before Disney got their new stuff up and running. They will get almost 3 months of publicity and rave reviews to themselves ensuring large crowds and repeat visits for the next year and beyond. I predict that Universal will be slammed this summer.

Remember when some people thought people wouldn't show up today? :bonk::lol:
So many doubters.....They should have known better.:thumbsup: Myself, I've been saying big crowd for a long time and Universal will own the summer. Potter & great rides attract crowds....I wonder how long the line for Fast & Furious is right now :think:.

Hopefully this will make Universal certain that building rides without screens will bring in the crowds!

I'm all for more balance and more practical effects, but this ain't it.

... or more Harry Potter. :grin:

This is more like it.

Touring Plans has Sunday rated as a 3 out of 10 for both parks... that can't be, right? I mean it's the opening weekend for the ride and it currently has a 600 minute wait on the app.

IoA, outside of Hagrid's, will probably not be all that busy. Maybe not a 3... but the rest of the park will not be on Hagrid's level.

After Gringotts, I was Pottered out. Losing Jaws to that ride bums me out, although everything else about Diagon is spectacular and worthy.

With the positive reviews of HMCMA, I’d like to see what else they can do - especially if it doesn’t involve screens.

Still, at what point is there enough HP? Replacing Dueling for HMCMA is a good move, but I don’t know about replacing MIB for Ministry of Magic. We still need IP diversity!

If anything, Ministry would replace Fear Factor Live, not MiB which is a bit too far from London.

I do agree with having some restraint with a singular IP, tho, and the only reason why I'm for MoM taking over FFL is because it's close enough, not a ride replacement, and the show it would replace is not a show that is beloved (it's actually loathed by many). I digress... the point I'm trying to get at is that you can be sure Universal is taking note that, 10 years later, the WWoHP is still poppin' and new Potter rides are still bringing in the MASSES. So, time will tell, but if I were Uni Creative, I'd be fast tracking that MoM attraction lol. HP* just keeps on giving, and it's so encouraging how this attraction is being so well received.

*please note I said HP and not Fantastic Beasts.

Can't wait to ride Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure real soon for myself! I'm not even there, but even just following along is making my day.

If anything, Ministry would replace Fear Factor Live, not MiB which is a bit too far from London.

Fully agree it should replace FFL. There was a rumor it would replace both FFL and MiB, which led to my statement. I have no problem with replacing empty space with HP, but I’m tired of Universal replacing beloved attractions. FFL is not beloved! :grin:

There must surely be a huge element of artificial inflation going on with the queue time though, in the vein of FoP’s 180-but-actually-90-minute queues.

Once the length goes beyond a certain point it’s pretty impossible to accurately assess how long it will take, even with an attraction with well-known throughput and regular operation. With this much of an unknown quantity it’s practically impossible.